It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X has to exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Okay i can see if Planet X was real, we could then see it right? Well what if it's coming up and around our solar system? Everyone says its coming laterally, but what if its rising (therefore we can see it in the south as of now) and by next year 2009 or 2010, it'll be crystal clear!

If you don't get it, here's a small example (or something like it):
___
/ \
| v
| |
SUN Mercury Venus|^|Earth| Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune
| |
| |
| v
Planet X

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure how it would get into that orbit in the first place.
Even if it was coming up from the bottom, we would still be able to get snapshots from the south pole (those shots of that one video was totally unreliable, I'm rather sure it was fake). We'd still be able to see it by now.

Heck, we have telescopes looking north up here, we know that much, why wouldn't we down south?

Also, there is no proof in this thread that Planet X has to exist, your title is quite misleading.

[edit on 11.5.2008 by Shugo]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
First of all, which "Planet X" are you talking about?

The one that supposedly will appear in a strange orbit that could make it collide with Earth or the one that the astronomers have been looking for and that could be the responsible for the strange orbits of the outer planets of the Solar system?

If it's the first, then I think you should know that there are many observatories in the Southern hemisphere, and there is no need of being in the South pole to see something over the South pole, in the same way you don't have to be in the North pole to see Polaris.

The only way of it not being visible and approaching was if it would be approaching from the opposite side of the Solar system. In that case we could have the Sun blocking our view of "Planet X", but in that case it would not reach Earth, it would be intercepted by the Sun.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

Also, there is no proof in this thread that Planet X has to exist, your title is quite misleading.

[edit on 11.5.2008 by Shugo]

I don't even know why I even clicked on this thread, I should of known--just another misleading title.

If I were you, I would choose these other choices for titles: "Planet X, hidden from sight?" or "Planet X, could it possibly exist?"
There are many other options to choose from, but choose your thread titles wisely, no one likes an anticlimactic moment.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

There is no need for the pionts that you made. Some threads may not be given the correct title in your opinion so please give others some slack.

Adkchamp is voiceing thier own opinion on a topic that may well be true. Not doubt in my mind there are many questions that we will never know the truth about on planet X. "Sorry for the off topic "

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
sorry guys yea the title is misleading. But i was always wondering, what if planet X is coming up under earth? If not then i think its fake then...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

Relatively speaking, there is no under in space. Even North and South is only relative to Earth itself. A point in the sky above the south pole would be visible in the southern hemisphere.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This is all a little haphazard:

Originally posted by adkchamp
Okay i can see if Planet X was real, we could then see it right? Well what if it's coming up and around our solar system? Everyone says its coming laterally, but what if its rising (therefore we can see it in the south as of now) and by next year 2009 or 2010, it'll be crystal clear!

You see this couldn't happen because we are not static but orbiting the sun, such a planet would soon become apparent to the many thousands of amateur astronomers who regularly hunt for asteroids and supernovae. I don't see what rising in the south has to do with anything!!!

Celestial objects rise in the east and set in the west because of the Earth's rotation. It could not rise in the south because of this! The post seems a little confused...

[edit on 12-5-2008 by timelike]

new topics

top topics

join