It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortified Takeover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Don't forget hunger will be driving people to do desperate things.

Exactly, you should never underestimate what starvation will drive your fellow man to do...even cannibalism

If you already have a location for you and yours in mind, then looking at your fortification from the point of view of a desperate attacker could make the difference between staying in safety or being besieged/overtaken

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

To right mate.

You, me and everyone else will do what it takes survive and dam the consequences. If they have something I need then I will take, and If they don't want to give it to me then one of us is going to get hurt.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Trying to lay siege to someone else's fortifications seems rather suicidal to me. Their response would most likely be quick, efficient, and deadly. They would have obviously put a lot of time, effort ,and thought into their preparations, and I doubt they would fail to take such a scenario into account.

You might overwhelm their defenses with enough people, but who among this rag-tag collection of raiders is going to volunteer to be bullet fodder for the rest of the group?

Why not start making your own preps while you still have the time to do so? Trying to steal from others who are better prepared, will only get you killed.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That's an interesting and valid point, but don't forget that a siege doesn't mean an all-out frontal assault is the only way in.
Necessity is often the mother of invention.
Looking at lessons from history, often the easiest way in was by trickery of stealth.
A besieging force could, for example, disperce and wait for the inhabitants to relax then rush the place, another could be subversion or stealth (endless methods). You don't need to be a ninja, spec ops etc to do this, simply observation and exploiting a weakness can be all it takes.
The only limitation is ones ingenuity and imagination.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Har har.. Scupper the swabs...

If you can't breach the stronghold,use a good old tried and tested bio-weapon solution..

Catapult dead,decaying,disease ridden animals over the fortress walls..

Or if dead animals are on the shortage list,I've got a pair of old Y-fronts that'll do the same job...

(hmmmm...actually it's time to turn them inside out and get another 5 months wear out of them..
)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Breasts. Very big, round, smooth breasts. There's your access.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ianr5741

If they were on the cards you could keep your fortress..

Are you suggesting we hide in them like the previous wooden rabbit of troy idea?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by belsam

People with your attitude will likely end up on the trash heap.You should know that you get more flys with honey than with vinager.
The best advice is to try to offer what ever services you have to benifit them,and become allies.

<< 1   >>

join