It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortified Takeover

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I got a u2u about this from another member from ATS and i also think its a good topic for discussion.
So your in a sit X and you find a fortified house/building or bridge

take into account that you dont know what measures they have taken so you must think before you say something stupid, it could get you killed.

you could be just one person or a group, it doesnt matter at this point, But this exercise is how you would gain entry and take over the said fortified base.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dar Kuma

First you have to ask yourself what business you have entering someone elses fortified position.If you are advancing to take food stores or ammunition from them then you deserve to die by their hand. In the upcomming days holding your own ground will be extremly important.So if you wish to take over a fortified position,you should choose very wisely.

Now to your point.The use of vasoline bombs would be effective in destroying part of the fortification and would also allow a deversion where you could breach.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
no firearms are available and no bomb making equipment

you need to gain entry and take over for your survival or your groups survival
the place you need to gain entry is up a steep embankment

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dar Kuma

I'll assume that we're talking about taking a location armed with anything except firearms, my first thought would be to use the threat of fire as either molotovs or a jerry-rigged soda-siphon filled with petrol

If it's a solid concrete structure (like a bridge for instance
) then you can reasonably use that kind of weapon to flush-out the inhabitants, but if you use it against a fortified building, then you'd have to be prepared to put out and repair any fire-damage to wooden structures before you take the place over

Another would be to use siege methods...which would be the most likely way that a small untrained group holed-up with limited supplies could be subdued

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
psychological warfare would play a major part in taking such an installation without use of explosives...

Keep the inhabitants awake at night by firing stones/rocks against the structure...dig earthworks within view to give the impression of undermining a wall...keep 'em awake, keep 'em worried for what they might see the next morning, keep 'em huddled inside and deprived of sleep

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If you don't have firearms and they do have firearms in a good position, you are pretty much screwed.

Why not join the group if they are so well off, and willing to take you?

Why not just walk out in the open and say that you are willing to exchange your labour for food and safety? You have less chance of getting killed that way than attacking them... what good does it do them to kill a hungry, penniless, unarmed person?

After that once you are in for a few weeks and thngs are going well, trust is built up etc, you could always organize a revolt from the inside...

Maybe they'll even trust you enough to put you all on guard with weapons you can use against them...

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
what good does it do them to kill a hungry, penniless, unarmed person?

they might not have much food so cannibalism might ensue

so you would be falling into a trap, a tasty human if rations were tight.
its all about survival

Originally posted by citizen smith
Keep the inhabitants awake at night by firing stones/rocks against the structure...

I like that idea, especially if you were out of site and had 2 or 3 people doing it at different angles, it would really freak them out.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
there is no ` cookie cutter ` answer - especially as you have already moved the goal posts - so what is the point in discussing it ?

if you say upfront exactly what recources are availiable and what defences evident then we could try to formulate a soltion

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Perhaps if you can get close enough to the construction alive then maybe start blocking up the vents/ windows and any other points of ventilation from the outside (while trying to stay alive while they try to stop you) and then set multiple fires around the buildings base and hope the heat gets contained within the building to cause them to go mad from heat or get heat stroke. Perhaps you could leave one small barely noticeable gap open so you can funnel/ direct smoke into the construction.

But without knowing the "guidelines" so to speak I have to agree with the poster above (ignorant_ape)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There are no guidelines, this is an excercise, it is hypothetical.
and yes, i will move goal posts so to speak and block answers, cause guess what, this situation is uncertain.
you thought it was going to be easy?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If one didn't know any better then one could assume that "someone" is using this thread to see if they overlooked or forgot to do something, all in order to improve their bunker for when the Proverbial hits the fan so to speak hehe.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Deception would be an ideal way to gain entry to the fortification you are trying to take...perhaps the enemy would be fooled by the giant wooden rabbit tactic?

ni!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
well im going to first say that you dont want a super prolonged attack because then most of the supplies you need will be consumed and you will not have as much as you would if you did a quick straight forward attack or agreement.

the smoke and fire idea seems good because it sound like it would work except getting close enough to start the fires could be hard depending on how the structure is built.

Befriending them could work if you have good people skills. but if they are smart they probably wont because more ppl=more mouths to feed on limited food. although the labor plea could work. perhaps on a farm or such.

i always just thought go with the crowd and attack it all at once. hopefully your close to the front so you can get supplies and get out before the rest of the crazy unprepared horde comes for the supplies.

and i just love the idea of the rabbit. Monty Python rules.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
you could always use a bulldozer or any other construction vehicle. I've seen them do some real damage to cement walls. I'd bet if you tried to fortify your home any of those babies would knock you off your recliner chair.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why not attempt to draw them out. or maybe sneak in. They have to leave sometime and as long as they don't know your out their they wont be on their guard as much.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
seem repetitive, This thread serves nothing but agenda against your fellow man. If you have to go as fare as to try and take someone else’s stuff then your are no better then that which you sought to flee from.

Its like this if you can’t take care of your self then your no good to anyone else, right? Why bring a problem into a fortified situation, that’s the whole point of it being fortified, right?

Seem even now with all that’s going on every one seems to have the same mind set. Even when we have all learned our lessons of the old, every one still fallow suit no matter what. What’s yours is yours and what’s theirs is an opportunity.

This would only be reasonable if it was an enemy or an obstacle. If they are people like you in the "SUCK" as it were, then why try and take theirs?

Survival is something everyone needs to do but few really know how. Being deviant to your fellow man Is only treachery and can only bring even more instability to an ever so unstable world. Don’t add fuel to the fire try and understand it and use that brain of yours for more constructive things.

I'd say get your own. I think if you know people's nature then you already know what’s to come.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
pweagle, if you knew me you would know i dont work like that.
you only have to read my other threads to find that out.

basically all this is is a drill, Do you know what you are going to do, what if you forgot some detail
this thread is here to help the others, Im pretty resourcefull myself but i know some might not be.

OK, lets turn it around, lets say you are in a fortified house/building, whatever.
how would you keep the attackers out?

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Dar Kuma]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would summon zombie war-kittens and watch the mayhem.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In all honesty, I wouldn't try to take over anyone's fortified base. I would build one or adapt a previously existing structure for my purposes(probably the latter). While everyone else is fighting, I would survive. If anyone tried to steal my food or hurt the group I'm in, well....suffice it to say its already been determined that I will be among a group of people who know an almost lost kung fu style along with its last remaining master.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torsten
In all honesty, I wouldn't try to take over anyone's fortified base. I would build one or adapt a previously existing structure for my purposes(probably the latter). While everyone else is fighting, I would survive. If anyone tried to steal my food or hurt the group I'm in, well....suffice it to say its already been determined that I will be among a group of people who know an almost lost kung fu style along with its last remaining master.

Noble words man and this response isn't at you but to the board folk in general.

You could find that some people will not have the resources that another group has and will try and get them.

I know most of us SAY and probably don't want to be the stereotypical mauraders and bandits ie The Bad Guys.
But I think at least 30 - 40% of ATS' survivalists will end up being, to one extent or another, be drawn into it or forced into it.
Don't forget hunger will be driving people to do desperate things.
It wouldn't take rocket science for a clever warlord-type to utilise a bunch of starveling refugees on emergency rations to make a human wave attack to try and overwhelm a fortress and soak up the fire while his own men are making their moves to breach the doors.
This is often what happened in olden times.
Indeed a besieged force could often excercise the option to expel 'the useless mouths' to make the food last longer...
Grim words brothers but true ones I fear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join