It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Drugs, just or facist hypocrisy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have read numerous books about the wars wake of destruction. A 1,500,000+in jail with murderers and rapists and not in rehab or focusing on trying to help people with physical addiction problems. A war waged on innocent american civilians based on drug preference because now a days that is a crime. I am not saying it would be good if everything was legalized with or without systems set up to make sure these people are resposible and safe. I am saying alcohol and tobacco are extremely dangerous and perfectly legal now werent always and the pharmacutical industry is big business.

Alcoholism is an illness, but that is not even considered with other drugs, being ill with physical or mental addiction. Pot can be considered a penacillan to some people, no cancer causing carthogens with a vaporizer or a brownie, no states of uncontrollable violence or rape or drunk driving or ODing or other peoples death as with alcohol.

Read a book by a lawyer saying this 11 old girl and mother were strip searched by cops on side of road checking both lower cavities and a 7 month pregnant women taken into her bathroom checked anally then brought to a police station for a deeper search. They found stuff both times but thats not the point, what crime is so bad to justify this getting high. Its not like terrorism or looking for anthrax that can kill a bunch of people. Does anyone feel the same way?

(MOD EDIT: Title Spelling, and Subforum Move)

[edit on 5/12/2008 by thelibra]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have no disagreement with you, but this thread should probably go elsewhere.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I read and understood and signed off got ready for sleep figured I should just let this fade away. But I got back on and am giving consent to the moderators to delete this. I dont want to get this site into trouble. I saw some politics about presidential candidates and other stuff in government. I know this is a multi layered politic and topic the war on drugs. I didnt mean to be vulgar or obscene or think most people dont want to read this its just it victimizes women and destroys lives. Has misinformation about it and I dont know anything about masons or UFOs just my own past and observations, tried to add something. This isnt the proper channels, to do this. I dont know if facism is the right way to put it, just war on american nonviolent citizens I mean do they want someone to fight back? Or war on the concept of whoever using mostly 10 major illegal drugs. I thought we should strive for the purest form of democracy and not stay blindly on course 40 years or so in a war that is losing.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Reminds me of what Eckhart Tolle says - something along the lines of: "Whenever I hear the term War on Terror, War on Drugs, War on anything - I know it is destined to failure."

He goes into great depths about the human 'issue' in his audio book ("A New Earth") which really helps in understanding why this is. (also its a source for practical solutions.)

So yes, a war on anything is a waste of time - look at wars in general...no one ever wins.
If they didnt pull the plug on them, people would go until everyone shot each other dead.

Think of WW II...front lines didnt move for years yet masses were slaughtered, etc.
(Point is, war doesnt solve one thing, but to show humanities 'unconsciousness' to listen to a few people who tell them to pick up the gun and shoot.)

If we all put down the guns, who will fight? I suppose they will want artificial intelligence as fast as they can get it so that someone will be left to fight once everyone becomes conscious.

(Hopefully the artificial intelligence, when it is born, is already smarter than its creators in this aspects...and puts down the guns as well)

Peace

dAlen

- as far as war on drugs, check out R.A.T.s here at A.T.S and find out that there is a few post on the conspiracy against mother natures pharmacy.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I went ahead and moved this to a more appropriate subforum, but I like the discussion material. P. O. W., there's nothing wrong with a calm, rational, intelligent debate on the War on Drugs, and it certainly wouldn't get the site into trouble or yourself. Our only request, which no one in the thread has violated yet, is that personal and/or friend references to illegal activity not be posted, for various reasons, but like I said, no one in this thread has done that yet, so we're fine.

The War on Drugs is something publicly debated across the spectrum in almost any city. After giving it many years of thought my personal opinion is this:

• If it's as addictive as a cigarette, or less, then it should be legal. If it's more addictive than a cigarette, it should be illegal. When a drug is so addictive (like crack) that it causes the average user to commit theft, robbery, assault, etc, just to get the money for the next fix, the drug itself is a dangerous crime-inducing substance and needs to be stopped.

• DWI type laws would apply across the board based on the amount of impairment they can cause. There doesn't appear to be much impairment from smoking cigarettes, which is very addictive, compared to extreme impairment caused by '___', which is non-addictive. I'd have no issue with someone simply staying at home to stare at pretty colors, but the moment they start that engine, they put innocent lives at severe risk.

• Laws need to be repealed and revisited. The War on Drugs isn't about Drugs, it's about police powers and funding that would not otherwise exist without the WoD. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. While I'm not a fan of Big Brother, I'm also not a fan of some cartel like the Black P Stones taking control of my city. I can see both sides of the line, and there are many parts of the country where the illusion of our nice safe society falls apart at the seams and the only law is the man who has the gun.

The problem is that any reasonable adjustments and fixes to this problem, including the prison overpopulation epidemic, is that proponents of fixing the systemic problems have to be elected, and in order to be elected, they have to defeat someone with opposing views, and it's a lot easier to win office when you can accuse your opposition of being "Soft on Crime", which is the inevitable lable of anyone trying to fix the problems in any way other than brute force, more jails, and additional police powers, because your average voter that even bothers to vote in a state or local election, makes their decision based off of three-word soundbytes like "soft on crime" and "tough on crime".

So, ultimately, I'm afraid the issue isn't with a particular conspiracy. The idiot elected officials are doing exactly what their idiot constituency elected them to do, which is the idiotic task of trying to beat the cartels by playing their game, rather than making the game unprofitable. If you really want to change the system, get voters to make a more informed decision about candidates who WOULD do something to fix the situation, and accept that the funding used to fix the situation WILL have to either come from some other program, or be taxed (another reason why Fixers never get elected).

• posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:31 PM
    link   
    reply to post by P. O. W.

Given the number of forums on ATS, there is probably one that fits the post. To be clear, I didn't have a problem with it other than where it was posted. The prisons are full of drug users and it is a waste of tax dollars.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
    link   
    It is ridiculous hypocrisy. Look into what Gary Webb was reporting in his Dark Alliance series, the CIA is knee deep in the drug trade. Take a look at what is being reported here (www.madcowprod.com) about planes being used in rendition flights to Gitmo crashing months later in Mehico with tons of coke on them. There was actually a huge thread about that on a different forum with probably even more info than the link I gave.

What happened in Mena, Arkansas in the 80's? What did Oliver North know? I swear you could have an entire drug conspiracy forum if you wanted to. The CIA make money off the import of the drugs for black projects, and they make their defense contractor buddies money whenever drug users get arrested and thrown in private prisons. Its the ultimate racket, and its not likely to change any time soon. Never forget, its not a war on drugs, its a war on competition.

Link to a restored website with Gary Webbs amazing Dark Alliance piece-

www.narconews.com...

[edit on 13-5-2008 by rdubb4]

[edit on 13-5-2008 by rdubb4]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:11 AM
    link   
    Right now I would say it is hopelessly entangled with the war on terror, the ware on poverty, and the war on the middle class.

We used to fund our current terrorist enemys with drug money. Is it any wonder we need to stop the flow of drugs now?

Put down the pipe, and know who want's you dead. They are taking your money so they can kill your family. What a laugh they are having at your expense!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by rdubb4

I agree with you completely, the book I got my facts from was called Busted -Drug War surival skills legal defense from an attorney. I was conflicted about keeping this post alive here I just thought of trying to protest for reform or do something for a long time. I dont do anything illegal just paranoid of something being planted or if I am with people in a car or somewhere and I take the fall with them or get included. In the book I read their is this figure of about 65 million (maybe both #s billion? could find book)being spent on drugs a year and 13 million being spent against it by the government. It compared it to like China vs NATO , and I just thought the black market creates this and maybe all that money can go to a better place. Ecspecially since gov. people with numbers, weapons, and the legal system on their side wage war and inprisonment on american civilians.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:32 PM
    link   

Originally posted by P. O. W.
    reply to post by rdubb4

I agree with you completely, the book I got my facts from was called Busted -Drug War surival skills legal defense from an attorney. I was conflicted about keeping this post alive here I just thought of trying to protest for reform or do something for a long time. I dont do anything illegal just paranoid of something being planted or if I am with people in a car or somewhere and I take the fall with them or get included. In the book I read their is this figure of about 65 million (maybe both #s billion? couldnt find book)being spent on drugs a year and 13 million being spent against it by the government. It compared it to like China vs NATO , and I just thought the black market creates this and maybe all that money can go to a better place. Ecspecially since gov. people with numbers, weapons, and the legal system on their side wage war and inprisonment on american civilians.

top topics

join