It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TDP..... That ain't chicken feed. 400 Billion Dollar Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why do you suppose that the media, Dept. of Energy, Congress, and about every Citizen in the USA aren't up in arms and buzzing about Thermal Depolymerization? Although this story was published Jan. 22, 2004, over four years ago, we have not changed a bit. According to the USA TODAY article,

"...(Not once the system's done processing it, anyway.) According to the U.S. Department of Energy, we imported about 3.3 billion barrels of crude oil in 2002.

In other words, if we converted just our agricultural waste to light crude using TDP, we could stop our oil imports…and then some."

That doesn't include Waste we dump daily, old Tires, anything carbon based. Who needs a bunch of desert oil when we are literally "throwing away" enough resources to kick the OPEC habit for good. Without using valuable food resources as alternative fuels. Someone tell me, why are we paying for garbage disposal and Arab wasteland oil? Let them bask in the pools of black gold there, and cook up some garbage and have gas, oil, and no sand storm grit stuck between our teeth!!
full article here:
www.usatoday.com...

Youtube video "400 Billion Dollar Secret" of processing plant doing this as we speak.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anything with carbon.

Seems to me that that would solve a lot of problems, we process our waste (no shortage there) and we get oil, something we need badly.

I always thought garbage was our future, and like the guy on the video said, and like I always thought, why don't we mine metals from our garbage?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It would certainly help. Tyson chicken came up with this type of idea and are now working with ConocoPhillips and a small company to turn the waste they used to throw into rivers into energy. It would just take a public education campaign twice the size of the Pre-Iraq War campaign. (Unless there was a sense of urgency)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I will write to Tyson and tell them I will buy their products over a competitor, because they are heading into the right energy direction.
Also, this

In addition, we hope Congress will also do the right thing by removing the tariff on imported, sugar-based ethanol and by reducing or eliminating the 51 cent per gallon federal tax credit for ethanol produced from corn in the U.S.

source

Yes, there often is being presented the false dichotomy that it is oil or nothing, or oil and lots of it or so little of anything else it doesn't matter. No, there will still be a need for oil, but one shouldn't put all their eggs in one energy basket (humor intended). Hey, we are told to diversity our investment portfolios, so we need to diversify our energy.

The more you eat, the more you poop. The more we consume, the more the waste. Makes sense to deal with it more efficiently. Kind of like indoor plumping. Get America out of the outhouse and into indoor plumbing. After all, it is the 21st century.

Thanks for the thread.

top topics

join