It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Look: 'W,' Oliver Stone's Bush Biopic (& Script!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

First Look: 'W,' Oliver Stone's Bush Biopic (& Script!)

www.ew.com

It's gone through two rewrites since an earlier draft leaked to the press last month (some skeptics took it as an April Fools' joke), but Stone would still like one more pass at it (''It's evolving,'' he says). And while most of the cast has been assembled and outfitted with prosthetic noses and hairpieces — Josh Brolin will play President George W. Bush and Elizabeth Banks will star as Laura — there is one major character still in search of an actor: a heavy named Dick Cheney.

Stone is famous for courting controversy with dramas like JFK (1991) and Nixon (1995).

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.freerepublic.com

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This movie might become the most controversial movie, this year. Entertainment Weekly went inside Oliver Stone's dark, comic, and already controversial movie, 'W', which is about George W. Bush's "rise to power".

In this movie, Josh Brolin plays as George W. Bush. & Elizabeth Banks plays as his wife, Laura.

Hildy at FreeRepublic.com: has claimed that she already got a 'leaked copy' of the script of Oliver Stone's screenplay for that film. Read what she had to say about it:

www.freerepublic.com...

Posted on May 11, 2008 1:43:57 AM CDT by Hildy

I have a PDF of the script for this despicable movie. I've been told it's the actual, final script. I haven't even read it yet, just glanced through it and I wanted to throw up. If anyone's interested, freepmail me an email address and I'll send it to you. We could really plaster this over the internet and ruin everything for him, couldn't we....hmmm....Anyone have any other ideas????

By the way, did you all know this money is being financed by a Shanghai based group? So...to recap...a hit piece on a sitting President to be released before said President will leave office is being financed by Communist China during an election year. AND NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE.

Red Steel at FreeRepublic.com

Posted on May 11, 2008 2:11:23 AM CDT by Red Steel

Draft 2, dated October 15, 2007, of this script can be found at www.hollywoodreporter.com.

An AOL news posting Hollywood Too Conservative for Stone by

Brandon Barker, dated May 8th 2008 10:14AM, states:

... we now know that Stone has had a hard time getting big-time actors to sign-on to play the Bush Administration's heavy hitters (Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld).

''You'd be amazed how many male stars of a certain age in Hollywood are Republicans,'' says Bill Block, CEO of QED, one of the producers for 'W'. ''I'm not going to name names, but a lot of them just didn't want to have anything to do with it.''

ThePythonicCow at FreeRepublic.com

Wonkette: The DC Gossip comes a few more details:
Is Oliver Stone's Bush Movie a Terrible Hoax?

A version of the screenplay for Oliver Stone's new movie about George W. Bush — the working title is "W." — has been floating around the news recently, and most people are curious as to whether it's a joke. Tough call. On one hand, it is campy and politically over-the-top; on the other, it is post-1992 Oliver Stone film, like Alexander or Nixon. Slate read the script and picked out some choice moments, and one of them involves America's president describing himself as a rabbit in a "carrot patch." But who doesn't?

• Pages 14-16: Before Laura is in the picture, W. dates Judy, "a blonde, curvaceous Texas cowgirl." Judy needs a lot of reassurance: "How many times do I have to tell you, you're my gal. I'm as happy as a rabbit in a carrot patch with you," insists W. at a Texas bar.
• Page 45: W. treats his advisers like DKE pledges. He calls Wolfowitz "Wolfmeister" and at one point tells him to "think about trimmin' those ear hairs."
• Page 3: Cheney suggests that Iraq may just be the beginning. "Anyone can go to Baghdad. Real men go to Tehran," says the VP. Pleased with this witticism, W. clinks his bottle of nonalcoholic beer against the VP's coffee mug.
• Page 71: W. isn't too happy when his father wins the presidency: "I'll never get out of Poppy's shadow," he tells Laura. "They'll all keep sayin' what's the boy ever done ... I mean who ever remembers the son of a President?" Laura's rejoinder is heavy with dramatic irony: "You forgot John Quincy Adams."
• Page 25: When press secretary Ari Fleischer reports that Helen Thomas is asking around "about secret plans for military actions in Iraq" and wondering "what makes Saddam any different from other dictators," W. flips out: "Did you tell her I don't like mother#ers who gas their own people?! Did you tell her I don't like assholes who try to kill my father?! [...] Did you tell her I'm going to kick his SORRY MOTHER#ING ASS ALL OVER THE MIDEAST?!"

posted on May 11, 2008 2:44:05 AM CDT by ThePythonicCow

Red Steel at FreeRepublic.com

Stone is trying to get the film out in October, before the elections. Since he hasn't finished casting it yet, it's not clear he can make this date.

www.ew.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hopefully Stone will do a follow-up expose film detailing the 935 lies these criminals told and endless war crimes they've commited. Perhaps it could have a happy ending with the whole world cheering as The Decider and Insaney are hauled off to a prison for the rest of their mass-murdering lives.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know what you mean. I would like to see Oliver Stone expose the truth about those criminals too.

Thanks for reminding me about that fact:

George Bush and White House issued 935 false statements after September 11

US President George W Bush and other top officials issued almost one thousand false statements about the national security threat from Iraq following the September 11 attacks, according to a study by two not-for-profit organisations.

The Associated Press reports the study, published on the website of the Centre for Public Integrity, concluded the statements “were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanised public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretences”.

According to the study, 935 false statements were issued by the White House in the two years after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

In speeches, briefings and interviews, President Bush and other officials stated “unequivocally” on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had links to al-Qaeda, or had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to get them.

“It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaeda,” wrote the study’s authors Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith.

“In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003.”

The study found that President Bush alone made 259 false statements – 231 about weapons of mass destruction and 28 about Iraq’s links to al-Qaeda.

The other officials named in the study are vice president Dick Cheney, then-national security advisor Condoleezza Rice, then-defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld, then-secretary of state Colin Powell, deputy defence secretary Paul Wolfowitz and White House spokesmen Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan.

“The cumulative effect of these false statements – amplified by thousands of news stories and broadcasts – was massive, with the media coverage creating an almost impenetrable din for several critical months in the run-up to war,” the study concluded.

“Some journalists – indeed, even some entire news organisations – have since acknowledged that their coverage during those pre-war months was far too deferential and uncritical. These mea culpas notwithstanding, much of the wall-to-wall media coverage provided additional ‘independent’ validation of the Bush administration’s false statements about Iraq.”

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ill definately see it,
but in all honesty, I doubt it will go into the juicy stuff that ATS talk about.
Fair enough, not everything discussed is true, but there's alot discussed which will never be publically debated.

top topics

join