It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What freedom do you have that can not be infringed or taken away arbitrarily?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Breathing air comes close, but with the new carbon BS, we will soon have to pay to breath.

In all seriousness though, I have heard very concerned, SILENCED scientists claim that the rate of deforestation in South America will result in a lack of oxygen on the planet that will be lethal for human life within fifty years now.

[edit on 5/12/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How many have died already who tried to tell the truth?

www.projectcamelot.org...

Dr. John Badwey, Paul Bennewitz, James Black, Dr. Eugene Blass, Ron Bonds, Mae Brussell, Danny Casolaro, Dr. J. Clayton, William Cooper, Dr. Cooperson, Arie DeGeus, Ruth Drown, Frank Edwards, Don Elkins, James V. Forrestal, Dr. Max Gerson, John Hadley, Harry Hoxsey, Morris K. Jessup, Dr. Milbank Johnson, Todd Kauppila, Jim Keith, Dr. David Kelly, John F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy Jr., Dorothy Kilgallen, Dr. William Koch, George Lakhovsky, Ann Livingston, Brian Lynch, Dr. John Mack, Dr. Eugene Mallove, Dr. James McDonald, Stanley Meyer, Dr. Wilhelm Reich, Royal Rife, Ron Rummel, Phil Schneider, Leonid Strachunsky, Svali, Jose Trias, Karla Turner, Dean Warwick, Gary Webb, Paul Wellstone; 25 Marconi scientists, 1982-88; 10 NASA astronauts, 1964-67; 9 Minot and Barksdale AFB airmen, 2007 ... AND THE LIST GOES ON

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

Indeed. Star for that. And of course there are those we will never know about, and those who we may suspect stumbled across something. Marilyn Monroe perhaps, or another JFK mistress who was clearly murdered, Mary Pinchot Meyer

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Kind of strange that this thread pops up now...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Ever ask anybody in the City or County or Health Department or local University Chemistry Department, what the oxygen saturation of the air locally, is?

They can't tell you. It's not in the paper, it's not on the teevee.

That's a piece of data that we're not supposed to know, is what I think.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Ever notice how people are always more and more tired than ususal? Lethargic? People usually chalk it up to the hectic pace of the American lifestyle, but then you also have to factor in all the coffee and boost-drinks. More and more of them all the time, and yet people are still more and more tired all the time.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I chalk that up to worse and worse nutrition and exercise than lower O2 content in the air. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. Could be a combo of the two though.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I did think that as well. As I believe you know, I am very concerned about our food supply.

But yes, a combination perhaps. Or perhaps some stimulant being introduced into the food and/or water supply to try to dull the effects of a lack of oxygen even?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
In a world like today it is getting more and more like Germany under Hitler. One thing was said by one of his captives that was tortured. "Even though he had taken my family, and my freedom, he could never take my freedom to choose how I would react to those horors."

So I beleve that this may of been the only freedom we where ever born with, and will never be taken from us.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by acewilliams

I find myself struggling to take any comfort in that. Sorry for the 1 liner.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by acewilliams

"Even though he had taken my family, and my freedom, he could never take my freedom to choose how I would react to those horors."

Oh, they could choose how one would react. Everything from bleeding, to vomiting. They actually shoved things up men's rectums to force them to ejaculate for "scientific" purposes.

You really have to be lost in your own mind to find any freedom under such conditions. A method I used when enduring extreme pain under torture that I did not believe I was going to survive.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I am sure that with the proper coctail of drugs, they would be able to prevent you from getting lost in your own mind. You have cooked up a pretty depressing thread here Jack.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Aren't we even losing the right to Just Say No to (untested) vaccines and psychoactive drugs (ritalin) in school? Won't the State force cancer treatments on peoples' children taking them away from the parents if they attempt to "go the natural route"?

Once in the hospital when I was in the emergency room they charged up a lot of tests that had nothing to do with why I went there but my parents will still billed and had to pay hundreds of dollars extra.

I guess what I'm saying is we don't seem to have medical rights to temper or curtail what hospitals do so this right is being taken away also the right to self-decide.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I believe that our freedoms are rapidly going away. If you want to know what freedom I believe can never be taken away from me, I can't think of any. The first amendment guarantees us freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly and the right to redress of grievances.
Our constitution has been openly and blatantly stomped upon since Wubya became president. What he couldn't get from Congress, he wrote a directive or executive something or other to cover his ass. He has the potential to "suspend" the constitution, unilaterally declare a national emergency and apparently declare war...all on his own. What scares me is that he can now take control of all three branches of government after he has declared an emergency. The underlying theme of every important American document (at its creation) was protection from domination by any one individual or group. They wanted to guarantee that this country never became a monarchy or dictatorship.
But the government will get away with whatever we allow them to get away with. We complain about the media not doing its job, yet, I for one, am informed about the truth of politics and those in power. Thanks to sites like this one, I don't have to rely on mainstream media. I can find the truth because I choose to. I suppose that is a freedom of sorts. But we are allowing them to censor and monitor our actions so even that will eventually be taken away...if we allow it.
I honestly cannot think of a "freedom" that cannot be taken away. Thought is about the only personal freedom. But, even that can be infringed upon. We take more pills than the rest of the world.

Freedom of thought. That's about it. No one is stuffing those pills down my throat .. yet. So, that would be the one freedom that can't be taken from me. (I hope)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
go to www.freedomtofascism.com

do not accept the real id.
do not pay your income tax no more 1040ez to fill out.
it is unconstitutional the 16th ammendment gave no new right to the goverment to levy new taxes.
the I.R.S. and Federal Reserve are running everything.

In 1913 the U.S. goverment gave up the powers to print money.
they handed said power to a group of private banks that worked in conjunction, they are known as the federal reserve.
for every dollar they print the goverment has to pay interest on it. so the I.R.S. is formed to pay back that deficet. the gold from fot knox is currently in the hands of the federal reserve and has not beed accounted for in over 50 years. if you want to learn more check out the link i provided. and google aaron lewis america freedom to fascism, you can find the whole movie on google web search.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I was reading through this thread, and I can only think of one freedom that they have not taken away and that is my right to question their actions--and anything else I choose to question, for that matter. While that has not been taken away, it has certainly been squelched in our schools and through the media. It is no longer suggested that we question anything, and if we do, we are anti-American. But I'd rather be anti-American than to be an automaton. So while the freedom is there, like all other freedoms, there may be a price to pay for exercising it. I accept that, and it seems that most of us on ATS accept it or else we wouldn't be here.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the freedom of choice...

That is the right they have no power of. The choice to consider/ act how I see fit according to my choice of my own definitions.

So even though there may be consequences one has to deal with, they can never take away your ability to determine what is right and what is wrong and how you are going to act according to your beliefs/ definitions of freedom.

but consequences, if you choose to see definitions differently...yes..lots

thats why they win most of the time

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kidtamer

Freedom of thought. That's about it. No one is stuffing those pills down my throat .. yet. So, that would be the one freedom that can't be taken from me. (I hope)

Freedom of thought is being curtailed by more social mechanisms, like "junk food TV." Just look at how many Americans are brainwashed. So in this case, it may not be legislated thought control, but the curtailment of such freedom is imposed nevertheless.

Very "Matrix-esque" really. Then consider the impact of technology in the near future. Technology which might already be in use in fact, just not publicly. Think "Minority report." I'm sure there are plenty of discussions regardgin the "thought police" here on ATS. Here's one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

Our right to question their actions has been seriously curtailed. And honestly, I think the only reason it is being allowed to continue at all at this pointm, is to build up a dossier on all those who dissent. This is not the fault of ATS, but I think that by posting here, we are playing right into their plan. They ARE watching.

Aside from that, our questioning really falls on deaf ears now anyway. The sheep just get that glazed look in their eye when you start asking the really tough questions. At best you might get a very hostile reaction from someone like Bill O'Reilly. But really, you can question all you want, no one is listening, except for your fellow ATSers perhaps. Look at the 9/11 Comission. How many questions went unanswered, even by family members of the victims? I think I read somewhere that only 30% of questions submitted were even acknowledged to any extent.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So for all this rhetoric I hear spouted around ATS, about all the freeedoms we have as Americans, and even in Western Society in general, no one can really tell me what that freedom is. Freedoms we certainly once enjoyed, are lost.

Fascism is not coming. It is already here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join