It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVP 2 - Has elements of all Predator and aliens movies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hi All,

is it just me, but when i watch AVP2, i feel it has elements from all previous Alien and predator movies....such as the female lead character from the militart (very ripley?) in the prdator ship you see the trophies (predator 2?) the lead male role (very hicks) and the kid (nute)....these are just some similarities i can think of..could be coincidence or could be because im tired lol...would like to hear some other opinions...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yeah, there are no doubt links to the originals, I haven't seen it yet but I saw the female lead character link in AVP 1, I think it is designed for the links to the past movies.
It's what you'd expect the hardcore fans to want.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I saw it, and I agree with you. It is my oppinion that is a terrible movie. It's not even a renter.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i like them just based on nerd factor, its just fun to watch and tune out ..better then transformers!!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is a nerd factor, but there was also a low budget.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

can be noticed at time, though overall i dont think the movie was that. Serves as a good factor though i doubt a non fan would enjoy it as much.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of this franchise but since A:R it started going down the pan. The first AvP was certainly eye candy but overall a pretty poor movie. As for AvPR in my opinion it is just horrible. Awful writing, awful directing, awful editing and awful acting. Wolf was the star of this movie, the aliens were just cannon fodder and the Predalien was a clumsy overgrown alligator with dreadlocks! This franchise has been milked to death and it should be left alone, but big rumors are already flowing for AvP3 and, unfortunately, it's pretty much a certainty.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

Where are the rumour coming from? Cant find any thing on IMDB...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Aliens vs. Predator Sequel Rumblings at Fox
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com
March 10, 2008

An anonymous source over at 20th Century Fox got in touch with us over the weekend to relay the news another Aliens vs. Predator sequel is a "certainty" at this point. If you recall, the brothers Strause - who helmed the Christmas release Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - stated Fox was going to take a "wait-and-see" approach to a third chapter, furthermore, that the story would have to continue in space (details). "AvP-R" grossed a worldwide total of $128.8 million; $41 million domestically. It hits DVD on April 15th (specs and art). No word yet if the Strause brothers will return to the franchise.

Link: www.shocktillyoudrop.com...

top topics

join