It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Announce Success of Long Galactic Hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

www.nasa.gov

WASHINGTON -- NASA has scheduled a media teleconference Wednesday, May 14, at 1 p.m. EDT, to announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years. This finding was made by combining data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory with ground-based observations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nasa.gov

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what comes out of this, wonder if its Planet X information.

It will be streamed live from:

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
lol the mysterious planet X finally appears ;-P

and so close to 2012 ;-P

Muhahahhah
Muhahahhahahahah
Muhahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anyways

Back to life on earth.... Unless we are doomed for all time ;-P

I wonder how big it is....

Big enough to kill us all? Big enough to wipe most of humanity from this earth? I tcant be that big considering we haven't seen the bastardio until now with our high tech equipment....

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What you got in that telescope NASA?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

The Chandra X-ray Observatory has a very interesting site. They do some very interesting science.

Do they use X-ray for spotting planets? It didn't seem so from what I could discover. I could of spent an hour at their site. Megga information.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already being talked about here.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

www.nasa.gov

WASHINGTON -- NASA has scheduled a media teleconference Wednesday, May 14, at 1 p.m. EDT, to announce the discovery of an object in our Galaxy astronomers have been hunting for more than 50 years. This finding was made by combining data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory with ground-based observations.

Related News Links:
www.nasa.gov

I see two possibilities of what the announcement NASA is making on May 14th tomorrow. First of all Chandra X-Ray Observatory has discovered Global Clusters as old as 9 to 13 billion years old. These clusters contain the oldest known objects and stars in the Universe and located in our Galaxy the Milky Way.

Even though NGC6397 and NGC6121 are the oldest known objects they maybe surprisingly immature it is stated.

chandra.harvard.edu...

Secondly Chandra X-Ray Observatory has detected a black hole Sagittarus A, known as Milky Way's supermassive blackhole, located at the center of the Milky Way. NASA has been in search of this information for over 50 years.

Although the original signature of Sagittarus A passed by the Earth over 50 years ago an echo bouncing off gas clouds close to the black hole has been recently picked up by reflected X-Rays that actually took a longer path. Over 50 years ago we did not have the satellites in orbit to pick up the signal. To me this is like a 2nd chance with all our new technology in place. I would call it a delay in time that was recorded recently by Chandra. Do I hear time machine? Not quite it is like you yelling across the Grand Canyon first you hear your real time voice yelling and a second or two latter you hear your voice as an echo. The difference is we are talking X-Rays that travel at the speed of light and not sound that travels at approx. 1,100 ft. per second. Rik Riley

chandra.harvard.edu...

chandra.harvard.edu...

[edit on 13-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here you go....
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Al1aqLue_8f0HHA1g50kqe_POrgF

www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already being talked about here.

please direct your posts to the thread linked above.
this one's closed.

new topics

top topics

join