It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Interesting...

These photos seem very reminescent of reports of "Foo Fighters" or balls of light traveling at high speeds, spotted over Germany by Allied Pilots in 1945.

Just a question, blueray, how fast would you estimate these things were moving and did they just fly in a straight line or they did circle, hover, maneuver any other way as well?

Blueray's photos also match a lot of the descriptions of the "Phoenix Lights" from Arizona; "floating amber orbs" and such:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hey bluepowder!

The UFO's flew over me at 10pm, so that is half an hour before you saw them!

Well I thought they just flew away fast, because I didnt see them anymore. Vanishing may be the explanation too.

We were having an evening meal at the balcony and my sister and my neighbours started to stare into the sky and wonder what the hell was going on

Godfater: I think they went in a straight line but got slower at one point and some seemed to get closer in proxmity. I am not sure though because I was much to excited to note the exact proceeding.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by blueray]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blueray

well... the same objects, the same night, same country only a couple hundred miles away, nearly the same time... this is getting kinda interesting... i'd be intrigued to see if there are nay more eyewitness-accounts coming on. i sure hope so. and man, do i wish i hadn't been too damn *snip* lazy to pull out my mobile and shoot some pics. idiot me... :-(

edit- profanity please review the T&C

[edit on 12-5-2008 by kleverone]

PSP

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
These are very good quality!!!! GREAT FOOTAGE!

I live next to germany in holland and been seeing allot of wierd activity in the sky!
2 days ago i saw 2 objects fly-by and the first one did something wierd..

You guys know how a light-house sends light signals that go round and round.

Just imagine that coming from a very bright object very high up in the sky maybe even in space!

It even lit up the surrounding plants and sand around me!

this was no airplane... and no satilite has such bright lights, it was brighter then anything i have seen before!

BACK TO TOPIC!

These are great pictures, i really think we have the real deal here... THis aren't airplanes doing a practice run... cause they aint that bright.

Im downloading the 250 MB package RIGHT NOW!

*rred 'nd flagged!

PureET, i live in the netherlands to, i have seen these lights to. Dont know how but i think it's one of those spot lights that shine from the ground into the sky to give a cool effect and atract people.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PSP

well, with all due respect, i know what i saw, and i know what i DIDN'T see, and those objects may have been balloons or any other minsinterpreted thing of earthly origins, but they were surely not induced by some kind of light, as they clearly had a physical appearance and didn't look like any kind of light at all. so this can be ruled out for sure.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I know it's late in the thread, but noone mentioned exif data yet, so I thought I'd toss it in.

The images was shot on a Canon 350D on may 10th, around 21:10 (according to camera settings, which is probably wintertime so add 1 hour).
The lense used was a 17-70mm, which is a more or less common zoom lense for this camera. Iso speed on all shots was 1600, which along with the slight underexposure of - 1/3 could account for the noise.

The fastets shutterspeed used without the flash was 0.3 secs, which is quite a long time. I've never met anyone who could hold a camera still enough for a longer time than 1/60th of a sec to make a sharp or unshaken image. Normally 1/125th is the optimal to ensure no shake on a standart lense. If you shoot on fx. a 120 mm you probably need 1/250th of a sec, etc etc.
Ofcourse given the lack of light the need of decreased shutterspeed and increased ISO was a natural.
Aperture varied from 3.5 to 4.5.

Images 0353 and 0354 (the ones where the streaking is downwards left to right) was shot on 1 sec... that's quite a lot and I'm not surprised by the streaking. Even if the objects were stationary you'd get this streaking with a nonsteady hand. The images were taken 3 secs apart.

Images 0356 and 0357 (the ones where the streaking forms a u or v) was shot on 0.8 sec... again quite a long time. Those two images were taken 7 secs apart.

Image 0366 (the one with the longest streak) was also shot on 0.8 sec. This however was shot at 70mm. Longer focal length requires faster exposure time in order to get a sharp image. So a 0.8 on 44mm compared to 70mm is very different. The same amount of shake in both shots would look more dramatic on 70mm than on 44mm.

In both mentioned cases autofocus was not enabled.

[edit on 12/5/08 by flice]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I can confirm the sighting. We were in the garden of a friend in Frankfurt and saw four of the objects. One was disappearing while over us. Nothing in the news since then.

Regards, Thomas

Important Topic Updates

I'm not able to say how high the objects were. But I know they were moving pretty fast in an exact distance between them. So we have Braunschweig, Frankfurt, Cologne and the Netherlands right now. Looks like a straight direction to me.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by eltom]

[edit on 12-5-2008 by eltom] extra DIV

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blueray

Strange, the same night me and a friend saw something in the sky above belgium (well actually it was after midnight already)
I first tought it was a star but it moved back and forth and even went in a circle 2 times.
It was small so i'm sure it was pretty far away from here.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What is very intriguing to me is that they are all the same exact shape. Look closely and they form the same shape. I highly doubt these are artifacts. Don't even get me started on "balloons"...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AztecSpiritual

Good point... that they form the exact shapes, even during the streaking would logically mean one of three things

A. The objects are syncronized in their path of travel almost down to a tie.

B. The reason is camerashaking which would naturally create the same shape no matter what we see.

C. A mix of both...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
When I saw them in person they exactly looked like the UFO's on the picture of the phoenix lights.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
BLUERAY - Thanks for your pitures.
I had a similar sighting in Liverpool UK in January.
I joined a couple of sites to look for answers.
I made my initial report to Open Minds Forum here:[url=http://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/?board=ufosandextraterrestrial&action=display&thread=1047&page=1[/url]

GO JOIN OPEN MINDS FORUM - CANT POST A LINK HERE !!!!! - SO MUCH FOR SHARING INFO !!!

What I saw looked like about 100 orange/red balls moving slowly in a PERFECT straight line. I describe them as moving like beads on an abacus they were that precise.I took some photos with my son as we watched them pass low ( about 300ft ) overhead for about 10 mins. Some would materialise above me.Some would just wink out and the way they sparkled around the cicumfrance and the kind of light they gave off I will never forget.
THESE THINGS ARE NOT BALLOONS !

Here is an enlargment from one of my pics of one of these RED BALLS OF LIGHT. Why it looks like this NO one has been able to answer.It was just one of about 100 huge red lights going low over next doors garden.

i252.photobucket.com...

If you want here is my email I created in January just for this.
[email protected]

PS If what Blueray has photographed was the same as I saw then to all the people who want to say "balloons" , or "Sky Lanterns" I say Bollocks !

and to all that want "disclosure" .... It's happening now !

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Is it not a coincidence that a 7.8 mag earthquake occurred in china in or around the same time. I have read about this phenomena, balls of light moving across the sky at speed. Its caused by friction between the plates and releases energy in the form of light balls.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What part of Germay are you in? I am stationed at an army base in Germany, and this morning, the 12th, as i was standing in the parking lot in front of my control tower, i saw an orb EXACTLY like the one in those pictures. i regret not being able to capture a picture of it now in retrospect, but to be honest, i was just standing there with my jaw hanging open.

when i first glanced at it, i thought to myself "what a big balloon" then i thought about it, and realized it was moving too fast to be a balloon, but not fast enough to be a plane or helicopter. i stopped dead in my tracks and watched this orb slowly move from east to west across the horizon. my facility chief came in about a minute behind me, and the first thing he said was "did you see anything strange in the sky when you were coming in to work?" he told me that he saw it too, but thought he might have been seeing things.

this was my first actual ufo experience, lol... and i just wanted to share it with you all since i saw this post and saw that the OP also was in Germany.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I smell something fishy! However there is no way i can think of to generate something that looks like that with a camera. It looks like some sort of illusion.
Maybe some new technology.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blueray

G'day blueray
What program is used to open these CR2-RAW files please.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

Just curious, how do you mean no way to do it with a camera?
The streaking could be made with any cam on long exposure. Ofcourse that doesn't account for the glowing ability of the object itself. It's hard to make a precise judgement on the shape from a long exposure image

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Canon DPP is one of the best.

Adobe Lightroom can do it.

Photoshop Bridge can do it.

But Photoshop tells limited infomation about the file, where I with DPP even can see the serial number of his camera.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

Uhh.. The picture you posted looks nothing like a red ball of light.
What is that a picture of exactly?

Looks like a cloudy, blue haze or something...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by t0minit8107
Is it not a coincidence that a 7.8 mag earthquake occurred in china in or around the same time. I have read about this phenomena, balls of light moving across the sky at speed. Its caused by friction between the plates and releases energy in the form of light balls.

I've tried taking a look at these too.We did have a quake here in UK about 3 weeks after my sighting.But check the photobucket link on my post above - this is how a photo of one of those "lights" came out.
I'm not dismissing this as a line of enquiry but the photo does not seem to support the idea of them being just a ball of energy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join