It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Al Sharpton Owes $1.5 Million in Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

AP: Al Sharpton Owes $1.5 Million in Taxes

taxprof.typepad.com

[T]he U.S. attorney is investigating his nonprofit group, a probe that an undeterred Sharpton brushes off as the kind of annoyance that civil rights figures have come to expect from the government. "Whatever retaliation they do on me, we never stop," he told the AP. "I think that that is why they try to intimidate us."

Tax headaches are nothing new for Sharpton. The 53-year-old minister has been assailed over his career for running up big tax debts and failing to abide by rules governing his charities and election committees. He is perpetually being sued for failing to pay his bills
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
canadianpress.google.com
ap.google.com
www.tmz.com

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Didn't I just see a thread with a comment about 'taking out' black leaders? Ironic that this comes out with Al, shortly after he organized that day of protests in response to the Bell verdict. Though, it does seem he brings this on himself.

taxprof.typepad.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
From the AP article linked thru google above

Sharpton's own debts include $365,558 owed in New York City income tax and $931,397 in unpaid federal income tax, according to a lien filed by the Internal Revenue Service last spring. His for-profit company, Rev. Al Communications, owes the state another $175,962 in delinquent taxes.

Over the past few weeks, Sharpton has kept a high profile, promising to lead weekly demonstrations until new charges are brought against police detectives acquitted of manslaughter April 25 in the November 2006 death of Sean Bell.

Sharpton has been investigated before, and always walked away clean.

I'm guessing you might not see Al leading any more 'demonstrations' in the weeks to come.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
He drives a nice Jaguar for a "Reverend" in charge of a non-profit.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Real black leaders are assassinated or character assassinated. Fake black leaders are fined pocket change to keep up the facade of rebelion.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I know what you mean. Thanks for sharing that story. I think Alex Jones has claimed that Al Sharpton & his associates are on globalists' payroll. He has been hired to mislead the brown community.

I believe this is the article or forum thread, to which you were referring:
E-Mails Show Derogatory Banter at Secret Service

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
-double post-

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

I am black and can speak for about 70% of the population, that Al Sharpton does not represent us. I hate how the media always go to him when something racial arises, he is not a person we want representing us, he is way too out there. We need someone who can just speak on a calm and content level and who is not about their own personal agenda.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yah... I never really felt that too much of the black community was really behind Al. Maybe in the early years, but not after everyone saw thru the BS.

Anyway about it, he's just another pawn... just like Malik Zulu Shabazz... just like Hal Turner. All just there to stir up the hate. Some try harder than others... and 2 of the bigger "anti-semites" on 'opposite' sides there, with Malik and Hal. Realistically, I think they both know they don't have a job without the 'other guy.'

I think it's just all part of a larger scheme... the whole "PC" thing in which genuine talk about racial issues gets supressed, then 'problems' only perpetuate and fester. Then allow hate groups and hate radio to freely exist, within the law...

... and then consider what would the best way to win a 'war' be? (Or, rather, survive a revolt) Have your enemies kill each other, correct? Isn't that alot of what is going on in the Mid-East? So, why not pit one 'faction' against another on our soil, to spoil any 'Revolution' in the making. It's just a thought... with sickos like Kissinger around all these years, I'm sure I'm not the first to have it... just let the riots go and deploy 'troops', much later, to clean up the 'mess.'

Alright... I'm very tired and I'm unsure if any of the above makes sense or is even posted in the correct thread -- off to bed...

top topics

join