It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan warns against attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Pakistan warns against attack on Iran

www.tehrantimes.com

The Pakistani Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Hussain Qureshi has said that a military attack on Iran would not be beneficial for the region.

The region cannot tolerate a new war, but in case of any military action occurring in the region, Pakistan will pursue a neutral policy, IRNA quoted Qureshi as addressing the Pakistani Senate Friday On the Peace pipeline gas project between Iran, India and Pakistan, he said that Islamabad calls for steps to finalize the agreement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Though i highly doubt if US is going to attack Iran, However if it does it would be a step towards WW3 and the devastation that world has not experienced yet ... Pakistan would not help Iran if attacked however Pakistan is 2nd largest Shiite State in the world so most likely the Public anger would spark great chaos in this country and we are also bordered with Iran and i can see the possibility of Pakistani Shiite Militants taking part in the battle along with Iraqi Shiite and Afghani Shiite.... not to mention Hezbullah .... so it makes a fair case for the WW3 if Iran is attacked.

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The Pakistani Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Hussain Qureshi has said that a military attack on Iran would not be beneficial for the region.

I'm sorry, but I could not help but laugh at that. That may be the understatement of the decade. LOYAL, I for one appreciate your perspective in the overall picture of all this mess. I've got a brother near the N border of Iran, so it's good to get a view from the other side

I too think Iran is just a distraction... 'hey, look over here while we do this over there (while you're not looking)' -- something like that...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Yes i did mention that, Pakistan won't help Iran ... But i was talking about Public reaction that could lead to a disaster in this country.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well Hallelujah!

Finally somebody talking some sense.

Iran would like Iraq multiplied by 10. For the US to get involved in another quagmire would not only destabilize the region but probably bankrupt their national budget.
With Iraq costing 1 trillion dollars think about how much it would cost to invade an occupy a nation double the size of Iraq with a modern military force of around 700,000 personnel plus who knows how many more militia or irregulars.

The Shiite Government in Iraq would loose favor with the Americans and not to mention it would rally Iranians around an otherwise unpopular regime.
You expect could condemnations from the entire Arab World, maybe even boycotts or breaking of trade relations. Foreign fighters would start flooding into Iran and Islamic Fundamentalism to surge in a heartbeat.

And if think Oil prices are bad, imagine what they would like when the US invades a second OPEC nation. Oil would become a luxury for most developing nations and working class people.

Invading Iran would be the equivalent of pouring 50 gallons of fuel onto the bon fire that is the Middle East.

[edit on 11/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
The Shiite Government in Iraq would loose favor with the Americans and not to mention it would rally Iranians around an otherwise unpopular regime.

I visited Iran at the beginning of the gulf war (I am European American but always wanted to visit and thought the window of opportunity might be closing). Anyway I was surprised at the number of Iranians (well those that spoke English) that claimed they wanted the U.S. to take out their government.

I told them I doubted they would feel that way when the bombs started dropping. They all replied basically the same way, saying something about change and sacrifice. I still believe that their “overthrow the regime” ideas would change very quickly when the first pictures of dead/wounded Iranian kids hit their news channels.

Then again they may be able to handle those images better. After seeing the government sponsored music videos featuring bombs and wounded children (all real footage) I am quite surprised the Middle East doesn’t turn out more extremists. Americans can’t handle the sanitized images of the carnage this war as caused; if pictures of 8 year old American kids with their limbs blown off flooded the U.S. TV networks I think our populace would go absolutely nuts.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Anyway I was surprised at the number of Iranians (well those that spoke English) that claimed they wanted the U.S. to take out their government.

I was surprised when 90% of American who speak english better than bush told me that they are being fooled by their Government and someone could help them and take over them and put Bush behind bars or back to the monkey cage where he escaped from...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

good one ,loyal

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

I was surprised when 90% of American who speak english better than bush told me that they are being fooled by their Government and someone could help them and take over them and put Bush behind bars or back to the monkey cage where he escaped from...

If it were 90% we would not be in this mess. : (

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
More than 77% of Pakistani Muslims are Sunni Muslims and there is sizeable minority 20% Shi'a Muslims.

en.wikipedia.org...

They hate Iranians who are led by Shiites. Check your facts next time. If Iran gives anything to the terrorist in Afghanistan, Its just to hurt us not help them because they do not get along at all as seen in Iraq.

Pakistan does not for one second want Iran to have a bomb and probably would want us to remove that threat to them.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

How the hell can you be in Pakistan and not know that most of them are Sunni? Something is fishy with you.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

They hate Iranians who are led by Shiites. Check your facts next time. If Iran gives anything to the terrorist in Afghanistan, Its just to hurt us not help them because they do not get along at all as seen in Iraq.

Did you read the article posted?
This a comment from Pakistan's Foreign Minister. I think his knowledge of popular Pakistani sentiment supersedes your baseless allegations.

Pakistanis don't hate Iran. Pakistan has a strong cultural and historical influence from the Persian Empire, hell if it weren't for the British Empire's invasion of the Indian peninsula, there's a good chance Pakistanis would speaking Farsi today. It was Pakistan's A.Q. Khan who gave Iran Nuclear Enrichment technology.
Pakistan is one of Iran's major trading partners and has a lot of energy interests in the region, such as their recent pipeline deal.

An attack on Iran would greatly affect Pakistan. Pakistanis would be very troubled by an American invasion of a majority Shiite nation, and especially another nation so close to their borders. Pakistan's sizeable Shiite majority would be up in arms over such an attack, and Perverz Musharraf has repeatedly stated he is against any attacks on Iran and considers Iran and Pakistan close allies:
www.thenews.com.pk...

Next time read a thing or two before going off on some bullsh*t tangent with no facts to back it up.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How the hell can you be in Pakistan and not know that most of them are Sunni? Something is fishy with you.

why are you constantly making this an issue???

There are approx 30% Shiite Muslim that means about 35 Million Shiite in Pakistan... 35 Million are enough to create a big mess if they want to...

Also Shiite here and elsewhere unlike sunni are very much associated with each other that is because of our Shiite Ideology.. and I am Shiite Muslim too... there is no one else can better explain this situation except one who is Shiite and living in Pakistan... My IP address can show that to Admins where i am coming from and i don't have to lie...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

great post and very well said.

i don't like people making false or ridiculous statements here and i appreciate you for taking the time to post some fact to open the eyes of some people here!!!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think Iran will see a heavy air campaign this year taking out it's revolutionary gaurd and training camps. Then the nuclear programs will probably get bombed too. I think they might retaliate with Hezboll and hamas attacking israel from at the same time. Once it's all said and done I hope the iranians will establish a true democracy like they had with the shaw only with the religious extremists under control and dis armed. Hmmm. Yea, pakistan needs to be a friend and im glad they are staying neutral.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonhb
I hope the iranians will establish a true democracy

Like the one they had before the Brits and Yanks overthrew it? I'm assuming you are suggesting that the Shah was democratically elected, he wasn't. The mess that Iran is in today is the result of (surprise, surprise) British and American meddling, well done us!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Are you for real? They wanted the US to take out their government? PMSL. Iran and its people hate the US with a passion! I was in Iran last night and they told me that they wanted the flag of Ireland as their national flag, and they wanted Hitler to be their nations Godfather, and they all wanted to be converted to be Jews. What a stupid statement to make about a country that has no love at all for the US. You seem to foget that it was not that long ago it wa the people of Iran who elected this government. Oh wait, an Elected Government in the middle east, Huge oil reserves, DAMN, bang goes world peace.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonhb

There goes that beautiful American word again, democracy! Whilst American is running around preaching this to the rest of the world, you seem to forget that you got very little of it at home. A Judge elects your president, your president fills his nation full of lies, Trillions of dollars go missing, Iraq invade and its wealth stolen (800 million dollars of oil in the first few weeks) another elected government under threat from your country and you want the world to think that America is a great Domocracy! Wake up mate and smell the bul* shi/t.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

I hope you are right and Iran is not attacked. In these days of crazy egotistical presidents and rulers I think we all forget that in Iran and other countries right now there are kids playing in the streets, people having new babies and women pushing prams. Have we all bacame so hard and unfeeling that we discuss who is taking out who first, who will be the "good guys/ bad guys", and we no longer feel the compassion, the empathy and the sense of loss at the murder of the innocent children and families. Maybe it is the right time to get it all over with and start afresh. I only hope those that survive ww3 learn the lessons that we so readily forgot.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

why are you constantly making this an issue???

There are approx 30% Shiite Muslim that means about 35 Million Shiite in Pakistan... 35 Million are enough to create a big mess if they want to...

Also Shiite here and elsewhere unlike sunni are very much associated with each other that is because of our Shiite Ideology.. and I am Shiite Muslim too... there is no one else can better explain this situation except one who is Shiite and living in Pakistan... My IP address can show that to Admins where i am coming from and i don't have to lie...

I have only said that once and how do you get 35% when its 20% and you did not even know that you were the minority in your own country witch is ruled by Pashtuns who yes do hate Shiite ideals. I made my point. India is the country that you are related to the most not Iran. I guess they need better schools over there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join