It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between religion and faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
We Christians have the Bible, the Jews have their Tannakh and Muslims have their Koran, What have these books turned us into? If we could read them and undertand them, there would be no need for religion, but Religion reads and interprets adds and forgets, even destroys the fundament and keeps a capstone of nothing. Religion and faith is in conflict. For if you believe what is in your books and feel you can live with that, f#ers come amd destroy your world by making the gate smaller and the windows greater, no matter what your IQ is they won't believe you when you show them the system made by 70 priests after Babylon

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Not for nothin' but, huh?

I get this:

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
If we could read them and undertand them, there would be no need for religion

But then you wrote:

but Religion reads and interprets adds and forgets, even destroys the fundament and keeps a capstone of nothing. Religion and faith is in conflict.

I don't know about the 70 priests of Babylon, but I surmise that you're taking at issue the scripture versus the interpretation of that scripture. Well.... that's just what any organized religion is for: interpreting the scripture.

Are you suggesting that we have no need for "priests" and/or "scholars" -- who take the time to study the scriptures all day and all night -- to tell us what they think it means? If so, I disagree. Study is important, and most of us don't have the time or desire to pour over the texts enough to gleen a deeper meaning. We pay them to do that and to report back on their findings.

Of course, their interpretations can be as numerous as their own numbers, so we need to follow our own "spirit guide" to help us to decifer the "true" meaning.

In short: We're screwed.

new topics

join