It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who think George Lucas can't write. Think again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hello all, Lucas is an incredible writer, he just wrote this intro to his clone wars action 3D animated movie, coming in August. It's basically the plot to his clone wars backstory as seen in a new hope. He wrote this himself, so read it and please tell me he can't write, because He did a good damn job explaining the backstory.

An Introduction: Part I
By George Lucas

"For a thousand years, the Old Republic prospered and grew under the wise rule of the Senate and the protection of the Jedi Knights. But as often happens when wealth and power grow beyond all reasonable proportion, an evil fueled by greed arose. The massive organs of commerce mushroomed in power, the Senate became corrupt, and an ambitious politician named Palpatine was voted Supreme Chancellor. Most disturbingly, the Dark Lords of the Sith reappeared, after a thousand years of seeming absence.

In the midst of this turmoil, a separatist movement was formed under the leadership of the charismatic former Jedi Count Dooku. By promising an alternative to the corruption and greed that was rotting the Republic from within, Dooku was able to persuade thousands of star systems to secede from the Republic. Unbeknownst to most of this followers, Dooku was himself a Dark Lord of the Sith, acting in collusion with his master, Darth Sidious, who, over the years, had struck an unholy alliance with the greater forces of commerce and their private droid armies.

The turning point came when Count Dooku lured the unsuspecting Jedi into a trap on the desolate planet of Geonosis. Having just discovered the existence of a clone army that had been secretly commissioned for the Republic ten years earlier, the Jedi were well prepared when they confronted the Separatists on Geonosis, but their victory in that heated battle was pyrrhic. It would prove to be merely the opening salvo in a war that would spread like fire across the galaxy and engulf thousands of star systems in the legendary Clone Wars....

Having already been granted emergency powers in the face of the growing threat, Chancellor Palpatine used his ironclad grip on the Senate to seize even greater authority, all in the name of security. To address the urgent military needs of the Republic, he enlisted the Jedi Knights as generals to command the Clone Army. The Jedi valiantly accepted the assignment, though never having served as military commanders, they were unaccustomed to the wages of war. Their ranks, once sufficient to serve as guardians of peace and justice, were spread perilously thin in the face of this unthinkable challenge. Their relationship with Palpatine grew strained. At the same time they felt their own power waning even as their most promising new apprentice completed his training and stood poised to fulfill his destiny as the chosen one who would bring balance to the Force.

The Clone Wars raged for three long years, tearing the Republic apart and spawning countless tales of heroism, bravery, treachery, and betrayal, as heroes on both sides fought to defend their ideals. As dedicated as the Separatists were, their resolve to create a new order to replace the failing Republic, the Jedi were equally determined to preserve the Republic and defeat the Sith, who they understood all too well were the masterminds of the Separatist movement. They believed in the Republic, still deemed it a Republic worth saving. Their faith, which gave them superhuman strength in the face of the mind-boggling power of the enemy, had yet to be shaken."

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

He has a gift for creating stories, but not writing. They are two different things.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by JPhish]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
He has a gift for creating stories, but not writing. They are two different things.
[edit on 5/11/2008 by JPhish]

But Jphish, he wrote that prologue up there. if he can't write then explain how he wrote this?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
pssst do yourself a favor padewan and encase that above referenced material in quote brackets and reference your source for T&C stuff.

Yes I do love the star wars films (not as much as our young padewan) but they are cool.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

you're taking me the wrong way my friend. I'm just saying that his technical writing ability is on par with an average writer. F. Scott Fitzgerald is a great writer, but in my opinion a sub par story teller. Lucas is a sub par writer, but a great story teller.

top topics

join