It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANB Financial Closed; Third Bank Failure Of Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

ANB Financial Closed; Third Bank Failure Of Year

www.foxbusiness.com

ANB Financial N.A. of Bentonville, Ark., was closed by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation was named receiver, the FDIC said late Friday. This marks the third bank failure of the year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
And the snowball grows.....

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
And no one cares......

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

No one but the employees who were led down a path of misrepresentation by the CEO and Board of Directors...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh we care. But there's not a blessed thing anybody can do about it. It's like waking up in the passenger seat of a car going over a cliff; screaming or praying are the only two choices, and neither one repeals the laws of physics.

And I live in Arkansas only a little over an hours drive from this bank. The effects will hit here hard, I would guess. People are pretty jittery.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

theres one more option light a smoke and enjoy the free fall, thats what id do . its all circling down the drain and instead of worrying over something i have no personal control over, ill just watch as it all colapses & hope me and my wife survives to dance on the ashes of a burning world.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

Yeah, i know the feeling.

And the sad thing is, I haven't seen a word about this on the local news. I found out from my wife's cousin, who is branch manager at a small bank in Ft. Smith. It's more of that news that isn't let out much. Gotta' love the controled media. NOT.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
i agree the amount of important news that "slips by" the msm is insain. once you start looking for it the trends become very obviouse, the economy is in trouble all of a suddenly the msm stops reporting on major econimical news. the war has become unfavorable to the population and suddenly all the news stops reporting the bad news coming from or dealing with the war. its so easy to see the amount of control, spin, misinformation,disinformation and outright omission of information that i have trouble understanding why most people seem to not notice.

you notice that this is a small bank so no fed coming in to bail it out. hmmm isent that convienent.

top topics

join