It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas caught off guard as more seek handgun permits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Texas caught off guard as more seek handgun permits

www.chron.com

AUSTIN — Demand for concealed handgun licenses has risen nearly 40 percent in Texas in a year, an increase being attributed to many factors, even presidential politics.

Though the exact cause may be unclear, what's certain is that the spike in applications has caught the Department of Public Safety unprepared.

The state is taking a month longer than the 60 days allowed by law to process original applications and 80 days longer on renewals, which are supposed to be handled within 45 days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Are people catching on that poo really is going to hit the fan, so they're stocking up on guns and ammo?

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, we can only hope that people are catching on. I would have thought that if Ron Paul had a chance in any state that it would have been Texas. But then again, McCain's wife could have paid for his election without batting an eyelash, I'm sure.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

It's not election politics which caused the spike. No one in Texas really gives a flip about the figure heads the elites are putting in place.

It's also not the Mexican nationals which are causing the spike. For unknown reasons the Mexican nationals are keeping a low profile.

I suspect many of these permitts will be turned down for petty reasons such as unpaid parking tickets. Dennying people permitts will also not work. When threatened the little people can be very creative at defending themselves even without guns.

Some people have been messing with Texas bad the last couple of years. Things will become interesting if they do not stop.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would not surprise me if many of these applicants live in Houston or San Antonio. Lots of violence in those cities and a person cannot depend on some one else to protect them.

top topics

join