It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Condemn "Threatening" Taser Court Ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Doctors Condemn "Threatening" Taser Court Ruling

infowars.net

Doctors have condemned as corporate "intimidation" a court decision ordering a chief medical examiner to remove any reference to the use of a taser as an antecedent in the deaths of three men. Ohio examiner Dr. Lisa Kohler had noted in her autopsy reports that electrical shocks from Tasers were partially to blame for the deaths of individuals in three separate confrontations with police.
Taser International, now notorious for it's stern legal defense having won 68 out of 68 lawsuits, filed and won a civil suit, forcing Kohler to delete all mentions of the weapons and to term the deaths "accidental".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ohio.com
www.nationalpost.com

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The criminal-government has been threatening doctors (not just 1 of them) to not expose the scientific evidence, which shows electrical shocks from those taser-guns are partly responsible for the death of many victims, such as the victim in that story. Therefore, they don't want the jurors (and the general public) to know that all of those facts due constitute "medical" and/or "scientific" evidence.

infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Police are 'brainwashed' by Taser maker
Psychologist blames instructions
Neal Hall, Vancouver Sun
Published: Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A police psychologist blasted Taser International at the public inquiry probing the controversial use of Tasers, claiming Tuesday that Canadian police have been "brainwashed" by the manufacturer to justify "ridiculously inappropriate" use of the electronic weapon.

Mike Webster accused the company that makes Tasers of instructing police in Canada that when they encounter a person suffering from a "mythical" condition that Taser calls "excited delirium," police have few options other than jolting the person with the controversial electrical weapon, which delivers a five-second shock that incapacitates a person.

"When you think the only tool you have is a hammer, then the whole world begins looking like a nail," Webster told the inquiry in Vancouver.
Excited delirium is not a recognized medical diagnosis, he said, but is a "dubious disorder" used by Taser International in its training of police in Canada and the U.S.

The term is also used by the Institute for the Prevention of In-custody Deaths, which is headed by John Peters, a business associate of Taser International of Arizona.

He pointed out Peters is one of Taser's "star witnesses" in court when the company defends itself against lawsuits alleging a person was killed by a Taser.

"It may be that police and medical examiners are using the term [excited delirium] as a convenient excuse for what could be excessive use of force or inappropriate control techniques during an arrest," Webster said.

"My own opinion on this is that Canadian law enforcement, and its American brothers and sisters, have been brainwashed by companies like Taser International and the Institute for the Prevention of In-custody Deaths," he added.

for the full story
www.canada.com...

I think this Mike Webster hit the nail on the head with his comment:

"When you think the only tool you have is a hammer, then the whole world begins looking like a nail,"

The police are going too far and do not have knowledge of the human body to know when is enough or when is too much tasering...the manufacture plays a key role in the education of the police and should be held liable for the deaths and injuries.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I let a friend of mine in law enforcement taser me just to actualy find out what it was like. After I picked myself off the ground and recovered(it took 20 minutes before I could stand), I told him the next time it happened they better make sure I'm dead cuz' they're gonna' find out the hard way that its torture. They had also be very certain they needed to taser me. Some in this state have tasered people for asking why they where pulled over, nothing else, no threat, a simple question!

Zindo

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Oh wonderful, another example of the moronic government in the States thinking they can re-write what reality is... and everything will be just peachy.

Reality is reality.

If you die from a taser... you've died from a taser. There's no other way to explain it.

But... the government can't be wrong!
How dare reality prove the government wrong.
Doesn't reality know it's place!?

If you keep shoving reality under the carpet, reality will hit you pretty darned hard in the end, whether you like it or not.

This fascist new system has got to go, before they decide bullets can't kill you either.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I agree with the MDs in that if I were the medical examiner, I would not change the conclusions of my report.

I would insist that a clerk should change the report and that the judge could sign the documents or designate someone else to sign them.

The court can rule based on the preponderance of evidence in the civil court that Taser is not liable for the deaths, but medical examiner's conclusions are what they are.

I would not attach my signature to any document to which I did not agree and I have refused to do so in the past and no one could do anything about it, at least on the level that I protested a change in my assessment.

It should be noted that medical examiners are not always right. There are many cases that are reopened because there were mistakes made in an autopsy that were revealed in a secondary autopsy following exhumation of the body.

A recent example is cited below.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: This is a "FOX News Alert." Well, it was homicide. The death of Sergeant Drew Peterson's wife number three, Kathleen Savio, has officially been ruled a homicide. The state's attorney's office in Illinois made the official announcement just a short time ago. Wife number three, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a dry bathtub on March 1, 2004. Savio's body was exhumed three months ago after Peterson's wife number four, Stacy Peterson, vanished. She vanished October 28. Peterson is a suspect in Stacy's disappearance.

Forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden performed an autopsy on Kathleen Savio in November and concluded and announced right here that Savio's death was a homicide. Dr. Michael Baden joins us here in Washington.

Now, Dr. Baden, you said right from the get-go it was a homicide. But something happened differently today. It's the state's pathologist that's now made a — released his findings.

DR. MICHAEL BADEN, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: That's right. I did the autopsy at the request of the family. And my opinion, as we discussed previously, was that this should have been called a homicide three years ago, when this death occurred, because there was evidence that she'd been beaten up, lacerated scalp, before she drowned in the bathtub of the residence. She had no alcohol or drugs on board to indicate that she could have drowned because she lost consciousness. She was healthy. Healthy adults don't drown in bathtubs accidentally.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
ive always been very leery of doctors and im still not sure i believe it 1,000,000 volts pulsed through your body surely wouldnt hurt anybody these doctors may be a little bit off

after all the gov looks out for us so well putting flauride in our water to help keep our teeth clean and aspartame in our soft drinks to keep us healthy

im so sick of all the people in the world who take it as gospel when msm says something or gov endorses it remember my mantra .......if its socially acceptable its probably wrong

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
nevermind!!!!
Zindo

[edit on 5/14/2008 by ZindoDoone]

[edit on 5/14/2008 by ZindoDoone]

top topics

join