It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continuity of Government Exercise Underway!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

U.S. Tests Response To Set of Calamities

www.washingtonpost.com

Thousands of key federal employees are being whisked from the Washington area by helicopter and car for a three-day test of their ability to run the government from remote locations during a disaster.

The exodus, which began yesterday and will continue today, involves the White House and other parts of the executive branch. Congress and the judiciary are not part of the exercise, which is being overseen by the Department of Homeland Security.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-5-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is off and running right now. How do you feel about that? Are you ready for this thing to go LIVE! This will be the largest drill since those that took place on 9/11 - Let us hope for the best and keep our eyes open. I just finished reading an article in the magazine RADAR, that my friend pointed out which details the COG and the LIST and it was titled "The Last Roundup"

It is worth mentioning the Senate and Congress are not taking part in this exercise.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What kind of disaster on a national scale gives you two or three days to evacuate?

It ain't nuclear war, It ain't terrorists hijacking planes. Not incoming missiles, not hoards of enemys dropping from the skys and landing on the beaches.

That would only be sufficient if you were preparing for the event, before triggering it yourself.

It's interesting that the Congress will be umm. . . not participating in the continuity drill.

Say a prayer today! Drill, maybe. Maybe not.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What caught my attention was Mount Weather, I know we have discussed it on several different threads yet I think if you are interested here is a really well done thread on the place. It is amazing to say the least.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Martial Law, here we come! All dissenters will be swiftly dealt with!

3...2...1... till the false flag attack happens.

Starred and Flagged!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm with you! This one wreaks. What kind of exercise do they hope to carry out in 3 days. Maybe it is a abbreviated exercise. I guess we will find out soon.

Prepared for the worst, yet hoping for the best.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Could someone tell me why a drill by our government to sustain that government in the case of an emergency would indicate impending martial law?

Does anyone think that there have never been such drills or that at no time in the past has national martial law been declared in relationship to such a drill?

Is there a reason why we should not support the continuity of our government?

Since the late 1990s, every federal agency has been required to have a plan to quickly resume operations after a catastrophe. But the response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks raised doubts about many agencies' preparations.

This week's "continuity of government" drill is one of the largest by the federal government since 9/11, officials said. It is part of a national eight-day exercise in which officials are responding to a cascade of nightmarish events. The drill started Thursday, with terrorists sabotaging a tanker carrying poisonous gas in Washington state.

Next, suspected nerve gas was accidentally released from a government stockpile in Oregon. The disaster script also calls for a devastating Category 4 hurricane to roar up the East Coast toward the District, where officials will be getting word of a terrorist threat to the capital.

Officials leaving the Washington area will work from temporary offices in Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland for periods ranging from a few hours to two days. Others will work from home.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 2008/5/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

It's omission of the Congress and Senate is probably where I would start with that.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Well perhaps it would not be prudent to evacuate the entire government for a whole week for the purpose of a drill.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to completely disrupt government for a drill to maintain continuity of government during an emergency.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Great argument and I agree in retrospect, but we still have phones right? They are NOT being included in this exercise. One can hazard a guess that this exercise will represent a decapitation of the Congress and Senate (such as a Terrorist attack on Washington) leaving the executive free reign to run roughshod implementing everything they took the time to put in place over the past few years.

just spitballing here

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Let me also remind you that the "COG" and what it entails has been kept from the eyes of the members of Congress as was pointed out by Mr. Dafazio!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Is there a reason why we should not support the continuity of our government?

When we are referring to this Administration, the simple answer is yes, we should not support it... not even in a drill... it's like some kind of sick joke. Knowing that it's this Admin. -- that's the only reason one should need.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Grady,
I actually starred your post above, for seemingly obvious reason...

"Could someone tell me why a drill by our government to sustain that government in the case of an emergency would indicate impending martial law?"

A valid point, nonetheless.

But..

Originaly post by: KMFNWO

It's omission of the Congress and Senate is probably where I would start with that.

Would certainly seem the same - a valid point. (?)

Not to seem all doom and gloom or that hell and high water are in the forecast, but it would seem a bit odd that the "evacuation" and "continuation" of Gov [exercise] entails the "head" yet not the "body". (?)

$.02

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, I don't want to say that everything will be fine, because we all know how bad things can get in a real big hurry, but I don't expect "false-flag" attacks or one "going live," although any attack can be called such by those who are so inclined, and I don't expect national martial law and certainly not based on the information found in that article.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My primary purpose for sharing this post is simply to get people to be just that little bit more vigilant during these unusual events. that really is all there is to it. Just pay attention to whats going on around you particularly when these kinds of exercises are taking place.

As it has been said - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

... nor do I.

Though, history would seem to cast doubt and intrigue amongst those so inclined to ponder such ... No?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yep. Big red flag. Good find

Here's the next step:

MILITARY POLICE INTERNMENT/RESETTLEMENT OPERATIONS
FM 3-19.40

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yes, there is a reason that we should not support the executive branch's current plan for the continuity of government. THEY WILL NOT SHARE IT WITH CONGRESS!!! While that does not prove some sinister plot, it should raise an eyebrow or two. Connect this with Bush's ability to declare martial law (a power that he has taken in violation of the Constitution) AND the fact that we are daily told to be afraid, and it is not a huge leap to think that they could be planning another 911. They're not doing this to protect us or even to protect our government. They are doing it to protect themselves and their own interests.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
How much is this costing the tax payer?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88
How much is this costing the tax payer?

We the People aren't allowed to know. Congress isn't allowed to know. But worry not, it's for your own good. The executive branch and the shadow government will take good care of us.

The U.S. House Homeland Security Committee wanted to examine classified material on Continuity of Government. But when they asked the White House to see the secret documents, THEY WERE REJECTED. Why?

Because Congress would not even be sitting at the table under a non-constitutional COG form of government. COG only has plans for an event in which most of Congress is incapacitated. Suspect?

The Seventeenth Amendment is the law in what we can and cannot do to replenish our government in the event of an emergency. It does not include a provision that allows the executive to run off into their billion dollar bunkers and seize control of the country. But does that really even matter? The Continuity of Government Commission states that it can suspend the Constitutional form of government, cut elected officials out of the loop, and allow the government to tell the media what it can and cannot report.

See sig.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by METACOMET]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join