It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has my forum-thread been removed because bad reviews?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Would any of you please kindly tell me why a recently established forum-thread, which has been viewed over 8,500 times since last morning, would be taken off your homepage, so soon?

The topic I was referring to:
EXPOSED: Luciferians/Freemasons: Barack Obama & Ron Paul

It has more flags (11 or more), views (8,472 or more), and comments (101 or more) than any other forum-thread listed as a "Hot Topic" on the homepage of this site.

Are the moderators of this website not willing to permit or put that subject on the homepage of this website because there have been hundreds of complaints about it, thus far?

[edit on 10-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Dude, it's still there...

I can find it by clicking the link and searching for it...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

That thread is still open for discussion. Probably what happened is another thread has overtaken it and so it was automaticaly replaced by another thread.

I doubt it has anything to do with complaints or the issue it deals with. It most likely was just automaticaly moved in place of another thread. No biggie. The thread is still open and people can still read it and respond to the issue which in my opinion is more important. The discussion.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's actually right at the top of the secret societies forum...

You need to chill and just look for it...

Just coz it's not on the front page don't mean it's been hidden away.

peace,

MSP

edit: can't spell.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChadAndrewATS
... taken off your homepage, so soon?

The process is automated.
No one is making arbitrary decisions.

Every day the top/hot threads of the day (last 24hrs?) get listed on the homepage. Then, about a day later the hottest threads get listed for that day etc...

Skeptic Overlord would be the person to explain the technical details and formulae etc used to make all the magic happen.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Gools]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
here you go...

proof, sir...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The most flags in a 24 hour period....the flags that were applied to your thread were likely given at the beginning of the 24 hour period when you first posted...so the lack of flags in the latter half of said 24 hour period is what resulted in other threads being highlighted on the home page (because they received more flags in the designated time span, not necessarily overall).

It is an automated process, designed to give notice to a variety of threads that ATS has hosted that people were impressed enough to flag....

Do you think Obama and Hilary are thrilled to be unseated on the front page of every newspaper because of the cyclone in Myanmar/Burma?

It happens. Your thread is still going strong.....

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

I'm not dude, and I didn't come for you to tell me to chill out. My last question was for people, who actually manage the content on the homepage of this website, nothing more, and nothing less.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I see what you mean. Thanks for your relevant answer.

link   
Let's please keep this inquiry civil....it is a matter of not knowing the automated protocol and should be settled at this point...yes/no?

Edit to Add: Right on, Chad...
Good thread, by the way...

[edit on 10-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

link   
edited due to mod comment...

I think you've said it better than I could.

Thank you.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yes, whatever you say, boss.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
well you got the advice of a super moderator and a forum moderator both of whom have been at this site for quite a while and know what they are talking about.

Sorry bout your D Ego being brused by your enlightining thread being moved from the home page but thats what happens on a board as large as this one.

welcome to the site.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Yea, I see what you mean. Thanks for answering my question.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I don't have a 'd Ego'. That's a man-made term. Keep it to yourself. I didn't attack you.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

I do appologise but I do tend to defend people when they get attacked for no real reason. Especially when all they want to do is give you helpfull information.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As the original question was answered and this thread is tending towards personal discussion...I am closing it.

Chad...If you have any other questions or comments regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to contact myself or another member of the staff.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join