It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British intel: China preparing for nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wonder how many of those "secret underground bases" we have.

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

"NO! ONLY AMERICA CAN HAVE UNDERGROUND BASES!"

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Insiders in the circle of power certainly know more and probably have a good understanding and knowledge of the agenda and should know the real powers behind all these acts. Otherwise their intelligence agencies really suck, which considered the increasing paranoiid reports about cyber-attacks, hacking and spying it is doubtful. They know how the game is played, and pawns are set, it's unfortunately a game with only losers at the end.

I was referring to the common people, no doubt our leaders use our fresh memories of the history to keep us awake. I mean it is easier and more effective to use a past common humiliating historic period which everyone has a consensus on than start a new twist in the soap telling everyone about the secret evil powers conspiring a sinister plan. Remind the people of the Opium Wars and everyone see why there was a riot in Lahsa. Remind everyone of the eight-nations invasion of Beijing and everyone are prepared to defense their home's interests with all means.

This said, very interesting development is the uprising force by Netizens of different nations. For example, the Chinese Netizens all over the world (at Home AND especially Overseas) jumped and are still jumping into the defense of China the moment we smell danger for the Chinese people. I believe even our current Chinese leaders were stunned how fierce and fast information travels around the globe nowadays, and how fast counter-attacks were done on the obvious propaganda by the CIA(NED) and MI6 for the past two months by patriotic Chinese all over the world (even 2nd+ overseas generations). Practically everywhere you see counter-attacks on the anti-China propaganda, and global anti-biased/racistic Western media demonstrations organized. No destablization in China! The trademark of the empirialistic Bush admin. They only created more Unity! Seems like these evil powers need to take all these Netizens very seriously now, especially those "brainwashed" Chinese born and raised Overseas. I have a doubt how they will try to annihilate this force, maybe only using the propaganda to label all Chinese Netizens as paid Chinese agents.

Anyhow, with this force I do have faith that more and more ordinary people over the world could see the real truth behind the clouds. And the American and World Netizens should also do the same at home and wake up more of these sheep and the dangers that we are facing.

P.s. I love it too, that's why I doubt I will ever change avatar again

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

a secret naval base in caverns... that sounds so 1970s James Bond like.

just how many vessels could be mothballed in hollowed out mountains?
2 or 20 at most i'd guess,
but the illogic of not having their naval power out there on the wide seas
where the vessels can evade detection, tells me this story is most likely an embellished fiction.
All other nations send their naval missions on extended maneuvors to keep them in tiptop shape and in diverse locations rather than moored in another PearlHarbor situation.
Oh, & just being unviewed by satellite does not make this subterranian naval base undetectible or sabotage proof, all the infrastructure required to operate a system of caverous naval bases would be vunerable,,,
the power lines, the waterlines, the roadways, the pipelines for fuel,
all are easily crippled and any interruption of these needed service/supply lines would make the underground naval bases an instant coffin

thanks,

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Yeah, the French helped end British rule at the Colonies by showing up after the war was over!!

The French then stuck around and fought the Indians for Quebec (French Indian War).

Your severe ignorance is showing. Read your history. Shame on you. You should have paid attention in history class. Sister Rosetta Stone is going to smack you up the side of the head with her catechism now.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
China is not an enemy to fear. Both sides flex their muscles to show off how big their pipes are. When it comes down to it, if they had to annihilate us they would be losing too much money. Their economy would not be able to handle a war against the US. That would mean that they stop selling goods to the US, and perhaps the allies of the US. They will have riots in their streets because many people will get laid off and will be hungry. I am sure China has considered this, and if their economy did not depend on ours then they would probably be doing more muscle flexing.

Rank Country/Region Volume % Change*
1 United States 302.1 15.0
2 Japan 236 13.9
3 Hong Kong 197.2 18.8
4 South Korea 159.9 19.1
5 Taiwan 124.5 15.4
6 Germany 94.1 20.4
7 Russia 48.2 44.3
8 Singapore 47.2 15.4
9 Malaysia 46.4 25.0
10 The Netherlands 46.3 34.3

United States is their best trade partners and followed up by Japan. If both countries would stop buying from China then China will have a major loss on their hands.

To be honest with you, none of that matters. American busines will always go where it is cheap and they will make the most money through savings. Hell, you country is built on the lowest bidder method. Secondly, if America took on China, by God you would be opening a can of warms you could never deal with. Both for Manpower and a means for defence. Hell, the least time Americans started a war in that end of the world, the Vietecons kicked your ass, and that was with little in the way of defence.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Good point Equinox, but think the West is becoming more dependent on China than China is on the West. They are becoming quite self-sufficient to say the least.

errr.....wrong.. China's major problem is, that its economic growth isn't sustainable, and that it is entirely dependent on the EU and US economy's.

80% of the US economy is generated from internal commerce, and only 20% is exposed to the world outside the US. No other large country is this self-reliant economically.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

Please provide us with the facts and figure to suppoort what you have said. Let us see the evidence, for what I can see, China seems to be set up pretty well. And is in it fu7nny that America send so much of its business to a communist country, the very people that they are said to hate. Its ok to hate the Commies, but if you get cheap business from them, awh well, the jews will understand!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi There,

Our next President should stop this.

This is what raises my ire! Who the hell do you think America is...the king of the bloody world? When will Americans who state this "...our president must interfere in the business of other countries..." get it in their heads? You don't have a say in the running of other countries. You don't have the right to tell other countries what they can or cannot do.
The above statement is so rancid with hypocrisy; it beggars belief, and shows a incredible amount of naïveté. Nor did America build China's economy, the Chinese did it themselves. Yes, they may have done it with the aid of American (and other foreign) businesses squealing to do cheaper business in China, thereby giving the 'finger' to homegrown American labour by resourcing abroad.

Meanwhile, America spends trillions on defence every year. It has stockpiled weaponry of all kinds, conventional, biological, and nuclear, but when another country wants to do the same for itself, it cries foul!

Let's see...we have Burma undergoing an unprecedented disaster in its history, hampered and being made worse by a regime that is totalitarian and far worse than Saddam's ever was. Yet, where is America saving the people from such a repressive state? I'll tell you where...it is nowhere to be seen. Oh! Wait a minute...my mistake...there's no oil in Burma...no point going there then is there? To hell with the Burmese! Hang on a second...there's a Chinese fellow weilding a catapult...quick...send in the Marines Mr. President! Deny them their oil...uh, no oil there, oh okay, let's nick all the rice...we can starve the bastards until they give up the catapult. Talk about double standards...and you wonder why American's are sometimes perceived in a bad light.

So what if the Chinese are making fortifications? Just keep your dammned nose out of other's business. If war comes...then it comes. If there's any justice in the universe, our species will blast itself into extinction; because we've made a piss-poor job of doing the right things for all the wrong reasons for the profit of too few...and I'm sick of it!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Remember the last jet fighters in Iraq during the first Gulf War.
Protected in bunkers. Ha Ha the US can't take them out, just as long as we keep them locked up. See we still have a threat you can do nothing about!

The underground sub bases have more to do with satellite photos than protection. We do the same thing, build and supply under cover. The cameras only get to see the body styling, not the machinery. If you are lucky they don't even see the coming and going. It makes a hard count of assets more difficult.

My only regret with China is that I wish they were acting less like us.
For instance they had a chance to not buy into the automobile fiasco.
They could have shown the world how to do it better, transportation without cars. They only saw the TV commercials dangling in front of them, and bought it!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I bet Russia would love to see China go down the tubes. I do not see China going to a shooting war with the USA any time soon. They are at war with the American people by taking jobs from USA to China.

They do not have to shoot us; all they have to do is poison us with food and drugs that are sent to this country. I think this has already started.

All you need to do is know when they are under way to sea. So what that they are in caves.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by CLT1985]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Can I just jump in quickly and point out the obvious...

EVERY country on the face of the earth prepares for the eventuality of a nuclear strike.

We all create drills, worst case scenario plans, and yes, we ALL build bunkers, fallout shelters, and nuclear shelters for military personnel and equipment.

Even CANADA of all places plans for the eventuality of a nuclear strike... and they are the only country on the face of the earth to have successfully completed a total nuclear disarmament.

If British MI had said something like "China planning for nuclear war in the near future." Then that would be news... but like I said...
EVERY country prepares for the eventual nuclear scenario.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join