It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British intel: China preparing for nuclear war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
The report about the Olympic torch reaching the top of Mt. Everest was positive. And it was in Western press. Is that good enough for recent?

Was it? I might have missed it between all the warmongering articles. And maybe I should not take ATS as a reference for what news is shown
My bad, coming here too often makes me depressive and over-dramatic

Or is it something the biased Western MSM could not ignore? Interesting article in the Pakistan Daily: China First

China First
Friday, 09 May 2008 18:53

To all Pakistanis: When Beijing Olympics came under attack, a Chinese mountaineer took the torch to Mount Everest. That’s the kind of Pakistani citizens we need to create.
Pakistan—They tried to take China down. So the Chinese citizens took China to the top of the world.

Just when everyone thought they had pooped on China’s big summer Olympics party, ordinary Chinese citizens who love their country came up today with something to shock all critics: They took the Olympic torch to the highest mountain peak of the world, Everest. That’s a first in the two-thousand-year history of the Olympics.

Match this, China haters!

When CIA and MI6 were busy in burying Beijing Olympics in news headlines under the fake crisis of Tibet, ordinary Chinese citizens came up with an idea that no news television network of the world could ignore. Olympic torch atop Mount Everest for the first time. Who could bury this story? The Dalai Lama will have to fly to Jupiter to match this one.

[edit on 10/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Does anybody notice where the Original source article came from? Worldnetdaily? I remember a while back they ran stories about the Batboy from Brazil, and the Dinosaurs that live in caves in North Dakota. When you show me a article from a reliable source, then we might take it without a grain of salt.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Secret military bases are nothing new as we are all aware.

It makes me laugh how other countries literally panic at the thought of someone else playing the same game.

So, digging up one of my old threads I'd like to introduce those who have not seen it, the UK's bases that were secret but have been revealed. I'm sure there are plenty more British controlled bases around the world that nobody knows of, especially in places like Gibraltar.

Secret UK military bases

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Yeah, the French helped end British rule at the Colonies by showing up after the war was over!!

The French then stuck around and fought the Indians for Quebec (French Indian War).

WOW,
you really need to brush up on your history,

The French and Indian War, 1754-1763 was over more than a decade BEFORE the American revoltion.

The French provided tremendous economic and material help to the continental army.
And if it werent for the large french intervention in the later stages of the war, and their overall engagment of english forces around the world at the time the colonies would have been brought back under royal rule.
The American revolution was just a small uprising for the crown, as it was engaged in the world's first world war.
The french and british and their allies were fighting all around the world at the time. And the French used the situation to occupy british forces in the new world whlie they engaged them in other parts of the world.

Oh and of course the Chinese are preparing for nuclear war, the communist regime actually does want to dominate the planet, in the name of the Glorius People Revolution.
But they couldnt possibly win, everyone loses.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Aaaahh, yes a Frenchmen.

Such an ignorant statement. I'd actually respect your response, but France has done absolutely nothing but be protected for those that would try to invade it by countries like China and others.

Funny how France has virtually no military to speak of and doesn't know what its like to lose so many in war.

Americans lost more lives protecting your country from Nazi Germany than your country ever lost on its own protecting yourself or someone else. It is simply because your country doesn't do it. Worthless!

I am alone so it's FrenchmAn

Wonder why you had to turn that into an off topic ranting, but ok, tell me what country is gonna invade France anytime soon ?
Last time I checked France had a military (there's French soldiers in Afganistan helping your country to "spread democracy" or to kill OBL can't remember).
But you know I spank my wife, my 2 kids and myself everymornings because almost 70 years ago French government decided to surrender...

On topic, why do you think it's bad when China does something and ok when every others "developed" countries do the same ?
There's U.S. troops in around 135 countries, can you say the same for China ?

PS : You can go as hard as you want on France, I let pratriotism for the sheeps, thank you very much.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Marmelade]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
France sent 20 or so soldiers to help the US, yes, i'll give you that.

No one is invading France right now, as there is no full-blown invasions going on. During a WWIII scenerio, i'm sure France will look as ripe for the taking as ever.

Do you want another Cold War (or Nuclear War) between SuperPowers? You would also feel the ramifications. A fight for New World Order by either government. There is no room for two SuperPowers in the World, never has been. If there has to be a NWO (which I do not want), i'd rather the US be in charge and not China if you know what I mean.

You should want less Nukes and Nuclear powers in the world.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
More than 1900 troops :p
Nuclear active warheads / country
USA : 4075
Russia : 5830
France :

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake The Chinese are supposed to have been planning for a while now, I mean who actually thinks the missile shield is for Iran it's for protection against China. All this secret diplomacy with the Russians who are onside, is about installing the strategic defence in the Russian far east. Maybe?

Well that kinda makes sense... China's high demand for Oil is no secret and Russia does have alot of Oil, Minerals, etc etc... I mean, Russia is building up it's military base again to protect their resources from foreign hands... Why do you think they have not joined the EU and other treaties etc??? because that would give others access to their resources and the Russians like to keep it all in their hands only...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Is this the same Brit/US intel that brought us Iraq's WOMD's hmmmmm I love the way you guys buy into the smoke and mirrors, everytime!

[edit on 11-5-2008 by mlmijyd]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Hardened Submarine Pens and a new class of Nuclear Submarines are not a prelude to war and not reasons for everyone to start sh*tting their pants.

The US has underground Military bases.
The US has SLBMs.

So what if China's military is starting to modernize?
Why does everyone have to exaggerate the Chinese threat, like the US did with Iraq?

America and China are so intertwined economically and so dependant on each other for financial security, if either one declares war it'll bankrupt them both.
I seriously doubt the Chinese are going to forfeit their status as the world's factory and start attacking Taiwan or the US.

Everyone's dependence on Chinese production is what's fueling their Industrial Boom, they don't want to stop that and they realize military action is a good way for themselves to get boycotted, embargoed and sanctioned which would only hurt their economy and stunt growth.

Even though their Party motto and principles are Communist their Market and Economy are not. They need the West. They need the US as a trading partner and as an outsourcer of labor.

And btw, as somebody mentioned before WorldNewsDaily is one of the dodgiest sources you can find for breaking news. I would take this info with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The US built the Chinese economy first and foremost (and still is, thru the huge trade-imbalance as the primary catalyst).

Aaaahh, yes a Frenchmen.

Such an ignorant statement. I'd actually respect your response, but France has done absolutely nothing but be protected for those that would try to invade it by countries like China and others.

Funny how France has virtually no military to speak of and doesn't know what its like to lose so many in war.

Americans lost more lives protecting your country from Nazi Germany than your country ever lost on its own protecting yourself or someone else. It is simply because your country doesn't do it. Worthless!

Your overzealous patriotism is not welcome here.

China has the right to protect it's own interests. All the other super-powers in the world have been building secret bases, so what makes it such a surprise that China is?

As for the obvious ignorance and racism you show towards France. France has the 3rd largest nuclear stockpile in the world, it has the 8th largest airforce and the 5th largest Navy.

Oh, and I think you'll find far more French people died in World War II than Americans.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
what china has is something not all the nuclear powers have - a second strike capability , india , pakistan, israel and north korea do not have this - so in the event of the big red button is pressed - they can hit back.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
Let's not forget about what China *may* already know...
Just something to look at.

I think it's relatively well understood that everyone spies on everyone and that many nations cooperate to spy on each other's citizens in a effort to bypass laws that prevents them from spying on their own citizens. What may not be so widely known is that China is lesser partner of Russia and that combined they are more than capable of posing both economic and old fashioned strategic threats to US security.

China and Russia spying at Cold War levels : US spy chief

Russian spies 'at Cold War level

Spying by Russia, China near Cold War levels: U.S.

So basically stop blaming the Chinese and keep your attention on the country with the actual military muscle. The Chinese ICBM forces might be a bit larger than admitted but they are in no way comparable to what we KNOW the Russian federation operates.

Stellar

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Aaaahh, yes a Frenchmen.

France lost 567,600 The United States lost 418,500

On a per capita basis France did about four times more than the Yanks who were only there to make money - you embarrass your self your infantile assessment and parochial narcissism.

Self adulation is meaningless beyond yourself - the only assessment of any worth comes from your peers - and America is well and truly at the bottom of the pile - comments like yours only deepen the hole.

A once proud nation reduced to petty insignificance - the world looks upon your nation with pitty.

The good people of America need to stand up and do more to restore your nations pride and seek the respect of the world - it is lost.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If I were the leader of a foreign country observing the behavior of the United States, I'd be putting important assets as deep underground as possible as well.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm glad more people in ATS make sense and not ignorant as the OP and are not only spreading those fear & warmongering messages across the internet to my screen.

Don't be even surprised we have built "secret bases" under the Gobi desert or the Himalayas, which are most likely wellknown in the spying network of the world if they exist (don't be naiive and claim that only China is spying).

Every sovereign country on Earth should be prepared for any calamities of whatever kind, especially those who are being targetted by certain evil powers.

[edit on 11/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nookster
If I were the leader of a foreign country observing the behavior of the United States, I'd be putting important assets as deep underground as possible as well.

Agreed.

There is a perception in China and Asia, amongst many of the circles of power, that the same western families that funded the Nazis in WWII are in control of Israel and America.

Not a real problem on its own, save for the added perception of these two nations being set on hostile and expansionistic campaigns - using the War on Terror as a Trojan Horse.

I would not want to be living anywhere in the northern hemisphere if this is continued by the incoming government.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

The US built the Chinese economy first and foremost (and still is, thru the huge trade-imbalance as the primary catalyst).

That fails to address the fact that many large American companies have outsourced American jobs to China to exploit the emerging markets there, as well as the cheaper labour of course.
The US didn't build the Chinese economy, greedy corporations and banks did and it's China that has been buying up US bonds and $Billions to prop up their investment.

The US, the people, have built China because we buy the products from them. How far would all the "greediness" of corporations go if the people stopped buying the products? The wealth in that country came from the pocketbooks, debt more or less, of our country. Do you know why we can outsource jobs over there so easily? It's because China manipulates their currency so that no matter how horrid the trade is off, which would balance the Dollar and the Yuan, the price of their imports will be dirt cheap, which bleeds the value of our currency. China also needs the USA so they can employ their 1.3 billion population.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Although a lot of valid and logical points, but I'm not so sure of this perception of conspiracy behind the Nazi. After all the common people in China and Asia did not really directly dealt with the Nazi in the WWII.

However, we do have fresh memories of the Colonial period ruled by the empirialists from the West, including USA. And what the USA is doing for the past years is not much difference from then. The difference is that it was done openly and publicly back then. Now under the disguise of "war on terror", "human rights", humanitarian "aids", military "protection" and economic "cooperations".

It will take a while with a new president to change this perception, so we can gain respect for and don't need to be afraid of USA again. Hell, the American people deserve much better than only a fear&warmongering administration, someone who clean up the mess at home first before looking outside....

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Although a lot of valid and logical points, but I'm not so sure of this perception of conspiracy behind the Nazi. After all the common people in China and Asia did not really directly dealt with the Nazi in the WWII.

However, we do have fresh memories of the Colonial period ruled by the empirialists from the West, including USA. And what the USA is doing for the past years is not much difference from then. The difference is that it was done openly and publicly back then. Now under the disguise of "war on terror", "human rights", humanitarian "aids", military "protection" and economic "cooperations".

It will take a while with a new president to change this perception, so we can gain respect for and don't need to be afraid of USA again. Hell, the American people deserve much better than only a fear&warmongering administration, someone who clean up the mess at home first before looking outside....

My understanding of this comes from various conversations with insiders, and relates to those in the circles of power, and their perceptions. A look at the voting patterns at various UN levels reveals also where the line in the sand will be.

btw - I LOVE your cartoon/signature thingy!!!!

peace

Duncan

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join