It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British intel: China preparing for nuclear war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

British intel: China preparing for nuclear war

www.worldnetdaily.com

Defense analysts for the British intelligence service MI6 believe China is preparing for the "eventuality of a nuclear war." The conclusion follows evidence that Beijing has built secretly a major naval base deep inside caverns which even sophisticated satellites cannot penetrate ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
First a secret underwater Submarine base and now an entire secret Naval base deep inside Caverns. China must really plan on making the US pissed and feel a strong need to protect their equipment from Nuclear strikes.

The US built the Chinese economy first and foremost (and still is, thru the huge trade-imbalance as the primary catalyst).

Our next President should stop this. Remember, Obama support China engagement, even after all the BS that has been pulled.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

The US built the Chinese economy first and foremost (and still is, thru the huge trade-imbalance as the primary catalyst).

That fails to address the fact that many large American companies have outsourced American jobs to China to exploit the emerging markets there, as well as the cheaper labour of course.
The US didn't build the Chinese economy, greedy corporations and banks did and it's China that has been buying up US bonds and $Billions to prop up their investment.

So China has some secret bases (not so secret now are they?) and underground bunkers. So what! The US has the same, so does the British government and military, the Germans, the French, the Russians...etc...etc...

Preparing for nuclear war? The same one we have been preparing for, for the last few decades?

That's the leaderships preparing, the ones with their fingers hovering over the launch buttons. The rest of us get to fry or die from the aftermath

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow China is really evil, I mean they feel a strong need to protect their equipment from nuclear strike!! What do you think other countries do ?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
China is not an enemy to fear. Both sides flex their muscles to show off how big their pipes are. When it comes down to it, if they had to annihilate us they would be losing too much money. Their economy would not be able to handle a war against the US. That would mean that they stop selling goods to the US, and perhaps the allies of the US. They will have riots in their streets because many people will get laid off and will be hungry. I am sure China has considered this, and if their economy did not depend on ours then they would probably be doing more muscle flexing.

Rank Country/Region Volume % Change*
1 United States 302.1 15.0
2 Japan 236 13.9
3 Hong Kong 197.2 18.8
4 South Korea 159.9 19.1
5 Taiwan 124.5 15.4
6 Germany 94.1 20.4
7 Russia 48.2 44.3
8 Singapore 47.2 15.4
9 Malaysia 46.4 25.0
10 The Netherlands 46.3 34.3

United States is their best trade partners and followed up by Japan. If both countries would stop buying from China then China will have a major loss on their hands.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Aaaahh, yes a Frenchmen.

Such an ignorant statement. I'd actually respect your response, but France has done absolutely nothing but be protected for those that would try to invade it by countries like China and others.

Funny how France has virtually no military to speak of and doesn't know what its like to lose so many in war.

Americans lost more lives protecting your country from Nazi Germany than your country ever lost on its own protecting yourself or someone else. It is simply because your country doesn't do it. Worthless!

MODERATOR-NOTE:

Please review ATS Discussion Etiquette

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Good point Equinox, but think the West is becoming more dependent on China than China is on the West. They are becoming quite self-sufficient to say the least.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Well it is a balanced relationship. We supply our useless money for their useless products. Everyone is happy.

But China is taking precautions in protecting their equipment. In case something should happen, they are not left in a situation where their defenses or power could be put at jeopardy. It is an understandable step taken by them. It does not mean the world is going into a nuclear war. It is better to be safe then sorry.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Aaaahh, yes a Frenchmen.

Such an ignorant statement. I'd actually respect your response, but France has done absolutely nothing but be protected for those that would try to invade it by countries like China and others.

....apart from helping the Americans end British rule and establish the republic.

No need for such personal attacks and unpleasantness, especially when it displays such ignorance.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah, the French helped end British rule at the Colonies by showing up after the war was over!!

The French then stuck around and fought the Indians for Quebec (French Indian War).

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Well it is a balanced relationship. We supply our useless money for their useless products. Everyone is happy.

Balanced
Yeah, I guess that trade-imbalance with China of billions per year now is balanced alright.

Man, no wonder the US became the leader of the Free world. It is opinions like yours that let things manifest themselves until it has to be dealt with directly and hope its not too late in doing so.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Your right and I said it as a joke.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The British Intelligence again and their famed integrity in unearthing incriminating facts about the enemy . I wonder what student's thesis they lifted it from this time.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is it just me or is China the new focus of MSM hate proaganda? Sure China have a miserable human rights issue, but I have to question the TIME and why now?

We should ALL take a great look at WHY we are focusing there, and not say the middle east, where the # is hitting the fan.

Afterall, China was never on the "axis of evil" , perhaps the NWO forgot that one. Wonder who will be after China? Pick a country.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Of course China may be looking at this as a means of population control. Hoping that any war will reduce there very disproportionate male to female ratio.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Let's not forget about what China *may* already know...

FBI Fears Chinese Hackers Have Back Door Into US Government & Military

F.B.I. Says the Military Had Bogus Computer Gear

Just something to look at.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Is it just me or is China the new focus of MSM hate proaganda?

No not just you, and the Chinese know this as well. When is the last time you heard something positive about China in the Western MSM? This was observed by Chinese Netizens in the world and now even ordinary Chinese people in China AND all over the world can see it. If you do look around then you will see why there are so many Chinese anti-Western Media protests over the globe recently ongoing.

References for recent anti-China propaganda.

Under Bush, a New Age of Prepackaged TV News
Western Media Fabrications regarding the Tibet Riots
F. William Engdahl: Risky Geopolitical Game: Washington Plays ‘Tibet Roulette’ with China

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The report about the Olympic torch reaching the top of Mt. Everest was positive. And it was in Western press. Is that good enough for recent?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The tunnel vision of the far right (another WND propaganda piece, yay!) is amazing.

The US spends more on it's military than the rest of the planet, and yet we are constantly treated to scare pieces about the "Chinese military buildup" - which is notably a buildup of their ability to defend their own backyard.

Is it just me or does this seem crazy to anyone else?

When China has twelve carrier battlegroups and an amphibious power projection capability that's even half the US's, or a intercontinental bomber capability, or intercontinental airlift capability, I'll be concerned that China is trying to do anything but hold it's own in it's own region...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There's alot of people on both sides who are creating the groundwork for war.

It can be stopped, I mean look at Iran we should already be in there wrecking the place and it got stopped thanks to the military rejecting the whole idea.

The Chinese are supposed to have been planning for a while now, I mean who actually thinks the missile shield is for Iran it's for protection against China. All this secret diplomacy with the Russians who are onside, is about installing the strategic defence in the Russian far east. Maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join