It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

changing faces?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wow! I love this thread! So much in here I don't know where to start. As for auras, I've seen them since I was a kid as well. Usually it happened to me at church. I'd be bored out of my mind and just be staring at the speaker and suddenly there it'd be. I can make them appear if I want to though but I have to be in the right mood.

As far the face changing thing, I've heard tons of similar reports. I actually had an entire book on it once but I think my parents threw it out (with a bunch of other stuff I treasured) when I moved out of their house. My dad is pretty closed-minded and didn't want any of "those kind of books" in his home. Wish I could remember what the term was for that. I'll do some searching and get back to you though.

One thing I do remember from that book though is that some people have the ability to project their appearance on others, or even create a remote physical identity, usually one of which is not responsive to other people while the other is functioning. They sort of switch on and off, sort of like a literal "multiple personality" disorder in the physical sense. That's where the idea of being in "two places at once" comes from. One such instance of one of these fellows reappeared on earth in fully physical form after his death and scared the willies out of his widow before "crossing over" as they put it. All of these said instances happened in cases where dozens or hundreds of people witnessed the event. I really need to find that book again.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to enter to tell someone about this but I was so excited this happend, I had to tell someone, hope you don't mind. Okay so, last night I cleared out my negative energy as I was getting ready for bed ( I am new to this and am more aware of what the mind is capable of and am getting crazy stuff more and more) I am reading this wonderful book "A Second chance to say goodbye" . I did a quick 2 min. meditation, and said some special words, then asked for protection from nagative enities, and thanked the guides.
( I am still unaware of exactly who they are.) I asked the spirits from my life to come to me in dreams when I fell asleep. No one in particular, but I did have someone special in my mind. ( My grandma ) Well, 10 mins later I went to the kitchen to turn the light out, before I got to it the light started flickering unusually, got dimmer dimmer then went out, and came right back on then it stoped. I got a picture of my grandma in my head then felt warm with love and then.... I saw something, I'm assuming an orb? I have never seen one with my own eyes ever, just with the camera? The main color was yellow then it had rings around the outside like of purple/blue, a few colors, but the yellow caught my eye, it was my grandmas favorite color. It was trippy. I never thought I would use "trippy" in a sentance in my life.haha . Yes, I was awake not dreaming, and no I was not drinking or doing drugs. When I saw that light it moved and when it did it looking like 4 things instead of one then when it was moving slower it was more visable as one, then I walked to it and let my hand reach for it...nothing. Then I got this hot sensation over my body like something was warming my soul. Has anyone experianced something like that? Or is this alot of coincidences.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWN313

hi again unknown...... my mother has seen something very similar, she was in bed reading, when she saw an orb above her bed.... she also got the warm sensation, and the orb got bigger, she described it as like a ball of energy, swirling...it was a blue colour, shes seen it about 3-4 times.. me on the other hand, im a wimp when it comes to ghosts/spirits and although ive definitely felt a presence, ive never been confronted by an orb/spirit........ maybe as your opening your mind to all this stuff, things are coming through for you, whatever it was, i think youve had a very special experience

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac Tanner Madsen

thats cool! .... glad someone can shed a bit of light on it, i literally wouldve have forgotten about the whole thing, but its the fact that this woman/family friend is soooooo close minded on the whole subject, that it threw me that she would be so consumed and stumped by it..... and i saw her face when she 'saw my face change' it was complete shock and fear.... she avoided looking at me for days afterwards!..... i didnt feel any change or aware that anything was going on, she said my hair changed and everything, but it was only for a matter of seconds... very odd!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

I remembered one term for it is an "astral double" which can sometimes be projected on another human or simply be seen in ghost form. Usually an astral double simply stays in non-physical astral planes but occasionally will travel into the physical plane for any number of reasons or even by accident. Some of this comes from Theosophy, which has its "origins" in Madame Helena Blavatsky. If you're Russian, you may know her as Елена Петровна Ган.

en.wikipedia.org

In Theosophy, an eidolon (Greek ειδωλον: image, idol, double, apparition, phantom, ghost) is the astral double of a living being; a phantom-double of the human form; a shade or perispirit; the kamarupa after death, before its disintegration. The phantom can appear under certain conditions to survivors of the deceased.

(click link above for more)

I'm still looking for that book I mentioned. I'll keep you updated as I continue my research. This subject has got my attention again.

Edit: To clarify.

[edit on 19 May 08 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I would say that's odd. I've never had anything like that happen to me, but I've heard plently of first-hand accounts in person and on ATS. I know that a big part of the Mormon religion is that when Joseph Smith died, supposedly for a moment Brigham Young looked and spoke like J.S. while he was speaking and that's what essentially kept the religion from dying off. There were hundreds of people there when that happened. Doesn't make ME believe in their religion (even though I was raised in it). It just makes me think there's more going on there than even the members of the LDS faith comprehend.

Anyway, I don't want to go too far away from your particular experience. I just wanted to show that it's not as "uncommon" as it might seem (as far as bizarre events go).

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I had a disturbing experience on the opposite side of this issue. Not long ago, I was having dinner with my sister, and when I looked up from my plate, she didn't look or act like my sister anymore! It was as if another woman of somewhat similar appearance had suddenly taken her place. I even asked her where my sister had gone!

Yes, I had been stressed about seeing her because she had not visited me in over 8 years since she'd borrowed so much money from me, but now she was inexplicably more than eager to visit me. Moreover, that afternoon, I had caught her in a falsehood, denying something she had said that was part of our "family lore", but she acted totally innocent and surprised that I would suggest such a thing. It was something quite offensive but totally hilarious she had said in public years ago. But she flatly refused to admit having said it. Needless to say, the enjoyment of our recollecting came to a halt.

There is only one person left alive who was there when she said it, and I am going to call him tomorrow, and without any leading questions, ask him to tell me what he remembers she said. If his story matches mine...

I think my experience at the restaurant is called momentary prosopagnosia, because after excusing myself and going to the restroom to be sick, my sister was again "herself" when I returned, and there was no more recurrence of the "changling" effect.

I do not know what I saw - whether my brain malfunctioned, short-circuited, or my sister is no longer really my sister - does anybody know the term "walk-in"? Okay, I know that's off the deep end, but there are many things about her that are not the same...actually, much better. She's started her own successful business, she has a steady calm relationship, and she's very positive (that's NOT the sister I used to have).

Unfortunately, I screwed things up because, in a dark mood, I FB messaged her about things she had done to me in the past that still hurt, and though I quickly deleted it - not soon enough - she intercepted it, and the old bitter sister was back with a vengeance and tore me up.

And then a calm, poised sister soon followed with a serenely-written message, saying she has to distance herself from me for the time being.

Not only have I seen two different people, I feel like I'm dealing with two different people.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
OP,

Have you ever heard the term transfiguration? My medium Great Uncle once did this in front of my Gramphs. He described it to me as like another face being superimposed over the top of the person's. His brother went from blond and blue eyed to oriental with a mandarin mustache. Gramphs response was to laugh, out of nerves and his brother quickly returned to normal and refused to ever do it again. Apparently, this is something that mediums can do by choice and they let a guide or spirit use their energy to show themselves.

Having seen my partner (who is a big 6'2) have a thin wispy- haired face, of entirely different colouring, become superimposed over him and step away- maybe there is something in this idea of a walk-in? We were shopping in Covent Garden on the middle of a busy Saturday, so not expecting or thinking of anything of the sort.

Perhaps this is what happens when spirits step-in? Whether invited or not. Maybe you are sensitive but have not developed or are not fully aware of your capabilities? Did you ever do any research on the apartment you stay in in Spain? You mention a couple of strange incidents such as the door locking. Has anything else happened since?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Please do not be upset about this.
I have been seeing peoples faces changing for about 30 years. It tends to happen to me in clusters, then it might not happen again for a year or so.
I never told anyone about this until about 5 years ago for fear of being labelled mad. I am so glad that times have changed and people are beeing more open about these things.
I have seen peoples hair change colour/style. Eyes change colour, different clothes. Sometimes they might have a hat on!
I have come to the conclusion after all these years, that it doesnt mean an awful lot. Nothing extraodinary happens after Ive seen this.
I will say though, that this person probalbly has gifts that she is reluctant to use.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sounds like Transfiguration to me..we used to practice this, on occasion, in my Psychic Group. I saw some amazing 'changes' to group members' features. It is a way for Spirits to make themselves known, by using our energy to show themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mindq

So Ive finally found a name for this, transfiguration. Thank You.
I was actually told by a medium once that I was seeing their past lifes, but that explanation didnt sit right with me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join