It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Numbers: The Economy Is Much Worse Than You Know!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

(sigh)

The myth is the story that is being perpetuated, for profit. You only watched a few minutes of the video, so you failed to notice the overall picture of what this man is saying, and that he is in the unique position to know better than CNN or just about anyone else for that matter.

Let's put it this way, I am all for alternate energy in due time, but not like this. Oil is a finite resource, granted, but we are nowhere near the point of running out. If we really were, don't you think "they" would have started doing something about this twenty years ago?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I think that there is also reason to create the illusion that we are not running out of oil, to stave off the development of alternative energy sources and fuel efficient vehicles. I honestly think the people at the top of the oil pyramid are so power hungry, that they don't care if they are setting the planet up for disaster. They figure their wealth will carry them through, and that if the world fails to deal with this problem on time, in the end, they can wind up with even more power and control over the world.

I don't think we are running out of oil, I think we are running out of easy to access high quality crude. This means that the price of oil will continue to increase. Here is the big kicker, if we start developing alternative energy sources now, then we can dodge having to hand over more and more of our earnings to feed our cars and keep going to work and to the store in the future. AS long as the myth can be perpetuated that we are not running out of oil, people are less likely to start seriously looking for alternative energy sources, and more fuel efficient cars. Pretending that we are not running out of oil, benefits the oil companies more than the other way around.

The sooner we develop independence from oil, the better off we will be.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

A month or two ago I would have been with you in your asessment. But think about this. Supply and demand. Low supply, high demand equals record profits. Artificially shortened supply, and we "voluntarily" allow them to put the squeeze on our food supply. So now they are reaping record profits not only in oil, but food as well. Win win for them, lose lose for us.

And by the way. The lion's share of the profits are not going to the oil companies.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

wether were running out of quility crude or not the people who have the abbility to start production of alternate fuel options for home and vehicles arent doing so in a manner thats useful. look what theyre doing theyre putting all theyre effort in to biodieseal and ethanol because these two energy sources are easily producable and taxable. yet how much have you seen or heared about hydrogen being developed in the last 2 years? why? simply because the fuel for hydrogen is simple water which is a bit harder to control and tax. and then there is the extended range electric and the only one with sufficient range thats being put out so far is the tesla and its weighting in at a whopping 100,000.00 us$. way out of range for your average consumer. then theres allways the conversion kits for cars to run of vegtable oils problem here is that most of them arent effecient or are right out scams so knowing which one to buy is a tricky propisition. and the last thing il mention is that hemp makes a fuel that runs a vehicle well, is easily produced and grows almost anywhere so its production is simple yet growing industrial hemp is against the law in the us .

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hah hah. Wouldn't it be rather sick if the whole 'oil running low' thing IS a myth, just to make it unaffordable to people who NEED to drive?? I mean, people are saying they cannot afford gas to get to work.

These prices speak for themselves. Drivers are being gouged. I think that someone is simply knowing something bad is gunna happen, and trying to funnel as much money to themselves before it does. This whole economy mess, could actually be the BYPRODUCT of fuel lies?

Not sure how it ties into the "housing crisis", but damnit. I don't doubt that is made up as well. This is probably all planned for us.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Poet you have to watch the whole thing to understand. Jack is explaining it to you but to fully understand you need to watch the whole thing. It will open up your mind to another reason why we are getting raped at the pump. Like Locomans signature how do you apply the political KY conservatively or liberally

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The rise in the price of oil is tied directly to fiat currencies. Supply/demand is only a secondary concern.

So now let's price the USO in gold and silver for the past three years. When we do so, a markedly different picture emerges. The USO, over three years, despite having soared by 52% and 115% when respectively priced in Euros and Dollars, has incredibly dropped in value by 11.5% over the same time period when it is priced in gold. This means that oil would actually be cheaper than its price from 3 years ago were we to price its cost in ounces of gold. In other words, if the dollar was on a true gold standard today, nobody would be talking about soaring oil prices.

silverbearcafe.com...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
China is going to dump the dollar after the Olympics - which coorelates nicely with the LEAP article indicating the SHTF in Sept 2008.

It's kind of interesting too how China plans on manipulating the weather to help prevent storms during the olympics (alot of people dont' know about this).

www.usatoday.com...

Not to change the subject

-ChriS

[edit on 16-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't doubt that the oil companies are gouging every last penny they can get from oil, raising prices as much as possible, but that still doesn't change the fact that our planet is running out of the easy to get high grade crude, and this means that we need to re-structure. This re-structure isn't going to be good for the very wealthy.

Any way you look at it, the answer is still the same, start looking for alternative energy sources and efficient transportation. Me, I have a fuel efficient car, take public transportation regularly, and ride my motorcycle or bicycle when I can.

Personally, I'm a giver and not a taker. Just a dab will do ya.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
The rise in the price of oil is tied directly to fiat currencies. Supply/demand is only a secondary concern.

Yes. Also the devaluation of the dollar is another contributing factor. In general it is extremely complicated. There are alot of factors. Not to mention geopolitics on top of all the confusing numbers.

All the experts and economic analysts are all saying different things. Some are saying we shouldn't worry, some are saying we should. The point is that noone really knows what's going on right now. Everything is mostly guesswork based on historical economic data, projections of what will happen geopolitically, short term projections of production from the oil companies, etc..etc..etc... Not to mention each expert's own interpretations and opinions of the geopolitical situation and the global economy in general. This news story below from the NY times states fuel prices will hit $7 a gallon in more or less 4 years. But noone knows for sure...:
www.nytimes.com...

Regardless of all the price-determining factors, the rise of oil prices is simply normal if you take into account oil prices since the nineties. Also, ever since 2007 oil prices have just skyrocketed and the rate of increase is also increasing. The chart illustrates this rather well. Especially the short-term chart.

This is extremely interesting (at least to me):

This chart is from wikipedia.com here:
en.wikipedia.org...

And this one which shows oil prices 2006-2008 (short term)

If prices continue to rise at the current rate, as I said before, gas will hit $7 a gallon in 2 years not 4. I'm not an economics expert or anything but that's just simple math. You can see my thread about this in my last post.

-ChriS

[edit on 16-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This re-structure isn't going to be good for the very wealthy.

On the contrary. Remember the golden rule. He who hath the gold makes the rules. Keep in mind that the very wealthy have always profited by Man's greatest disasters, and usually provokes them. The Rothschilds crashed the London markets deliberately after Waterloo, so that they could seize control and reap enormous profits. They did the same during the Great Depression. Hard times for the people only serves to consolidate power for the elites.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Let's see if I can make this work.

The dark is the good stuff. This paints a very clear picture to me.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by poet1b

This re-structure isn't going to be good for the very wealthy.

On the contrary. Remember the golden rule. He who hath the gold makes the rules. Keep in mind that the very wealthy have always profited by Man's greatest disasters, and usually provokes them. The Rothschilds crashed the London markets deliberately after Waterloo, so that they could seize control and reap enormous profits. They did the same during the Great Depression. Hard times for the people only serves to consolidate power for the elites.

Well exactly. It's the same thing as the oil companies making record profits while oil prices kill people all over the globe due to the worsening food shortage. It just depends on how you look at it. They might not be directly responsible but in a way they are.

-ChriS

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

I used to believe that too but let me ask you something the dollar has "stabilized" in the past 2 weeks. It has not gone down except for yesterday of course but its still well off its lows but yet oil keeps going up. Its not because of supply because the recent reports show supplies are fine. So what else could it be. You should watch the video jackinthbox has because it opens up your mind to what could be the real cause and maybe the complaining oil companies might actually have a reason to complain.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Look guys, whatever the International corp's (IC's) have up their sleeves, the reality is that production of conventional oil peaked in 2005. All increases in production have come from lower quality or far harder to get sources.

trendlines.ca...

The era of big oil is over. This will result will be a huge reshuffling of power and wealth. The great depression created a huge change in the ranks of the super wealthy, as has the development of the internet. The super rich of yesteryear are not the super rich of today. There is far, far greater reason for the super wealthy to hide the reality of peak oil than there is for them to accept it.

If the guy in the video you refer to is a big oil insider. What are the odds that his whole shtick is intended to throw people off of the reality.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

I used to believe that too but let me ask you something the dollar has "stabilized" in the past 2 weeks. It has not gone down except for yesterday of course but its still well off its lows but yet oil keeps going up. Its not because of supply because the recent reports show supplies are fine. So what else could it be. You should watch the video jackinthbox has because it opens up your mind to what could be the real cause and maybe the complaining oil companies might actually have a reason to complain.

I would suggest that the dollar may have appeared to 'stabilize' but everyone knew it was manipulation by the G7. In my mind Oil has replaced Gold as the leading inflation indicator. The PTB have manipulated gold successfully to hide inflation but they cannot do so with oil. OPEC is a foreign cartel that is forced to suffer increased inflation when their product is priced in Dollars.

I think they are tiring of our inflation and will depeg from the dollar in the near future. Then all that fiat 'money' will come home.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

poet your wasting your time on this thread, most would rather stick their heads in the sand and point the finger at the oil companies and Saudi's for the price of oil instead of dealing with the reality of "Peak Oil".

"Peak Oil is a myth" and "We have plenty of Oil" are merely statements of wishes. If Peak Oil is a myth and the United States has plenty of oil why did oil production peak in 1970, even with the north slope it only halted the decline but never brought production back to the 1970 level.

The Saudi's have refused to increase production, because they can't!

It's better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, than ignore, complain and blame others for something that is out of all our control.

IMHO!

Here is an article from National Geographic on oil production. Peak Oil is matter of Geology and will have to mitigated sooner rather later. Ignoring it will make it worst and I am sure the "global warming" and "going green" are cover stories for peak oil to get us to conserve with out alarming everyone!

National Geographic Article - Tapped Out

[edit on 5/17/08 by mel1962]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

The Saudi's have refused to increase production, because they can't!

While I won't deny that possibility, I don't see any reason why they would increase production just because America can't manage their money. Supply doesn't seem to be the issue. Unless we're talking about the endless 'supply' of dollars chasing anything of value.

The more of anything there is, the less it is worth. The P and VP begging the Saudis to increase oil to offset the increase in Dollars is pathetic. We need to get our financial house in order and Quick!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I don't think the P has a clue to what is going. However the VP does, he meet with Matt Simmons author of "Twilight in the Desert" in which he disputes the Saudi's reserves using geology. I think the VP wants to see if the Saudis are at peak and by asking them to pump more maybe a gauge of their production capacity. Certainly if they could pump more they would at these prices after all "Greed is Good"!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If the dollar is becoming fatally devalued and the global economy is spiralling into oblivion, then the rich will NOT be getting richer: their "dollars" will be just as worthless as the disinfranchised poor. This point can not have escaped the attention of the super rich.

I believe the manipulation of the markets, deflation of economy and general political policy changes have been orchestrated; not to increase the wealth of the already wealthy (although that is a perk for the short-term). There MUST be a different goal and I believe that goal is consolidation of power.

When (not if) the global economy completely collapses, the powers that be will introduce a system in which "no man may buy or sell save he have the mark of the beast" (whatever that mark may be). Even if you don't believe in prophecy or the bible in general, you can probably see for yourself that we are heading for a major meltdown that will require some unique overhaul to correct/control.

If you are one of those blowhards that says you'll "shoot the bastards that try to take your stuff", let me present this idea: Will you even be home when the bastards come to steal your stuff? Will you be at work trying to earn enough money to get stuff and pay for the house it all sits in? Will you have your gun with you or will that be stolen out of your house too? Will you take on, single-handedly, the 15 armed guys in flak jackets kicking in your door because you're one of those food-hoarding, gun-owning, defiant non-conformists?

Our economy is based on a flawed system. In order to be profitable/solvent, costs must be kept lower than the price you pay to make your widgits. SOMEONE has to make less money than you do. We used to have slavery; now we have hoardes of illegal immigrants. Next, we'll have slavery again, only this time it will be on a massive scale and not sugar-coated as in "wage slave". Actual slavery in which your life is valuable only as long as it serves the needs of someone else. Look up the definition of the word "authority" and see if it sounds like anything you want to submit to. Power/control/authority is the goal, not more money.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join