It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Suggests Offer Maybe Clinton Can't Refuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Obama Suggests Offer Maybe Clinton Can't Refuse

www.huffingtonpost.com

On Friday, Barack Obama publicly raised the possibility of helping Hillary Clinton pay off more than $25 million in debts, including the $11.42 million she loaned her own campaign to keep it afloat in recent months.

"Historically after a campaign is done and you want to unify the party, particularly when you've had a strong opponent, you want to make sure you're putting that opponent in a strong position so that they can work to win an election in November. So, obviously, I would want to have a broad range of discussions with Senator Clinton about how I could make her feel good about
the process and have her on the team moving forward."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Heh Heh Heh!!! Like they say there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I can imagine Clinton both sputtering and purple at this move and seriously considering it as well.

Now that's smart politics.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That money could really help Obama in his presidential campaign. Giving any money to Hilary at this point could be campaign suicide for November.

Even if his heart is in the right place, it doesn't seem like a wise decision at this point.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I don't know... he's flush with cash and if he gets the nomination that will literally open up all sorts of resources for him. It may very well be an extremely smart move.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'd be willing to donate Clinton a box of tissues. And a shovel.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
will this be the first time a cadidate campaign has been bought and paid for?
she should feel like such a hooker if she takes the bait.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The offer is so backhanded and morally crushing to Hillary...........I LOVE IT!!!!!

In the end though, they're all trash!

Peace

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I assume Obama would only make this offer of help if Clinton was defeated or willing to concede the nomination. In that case it would be a generous move on the part of Obama and the Democratic Party, and would help cement good relations between them. Hillary's career is far from over, even if she loses in the primaries this year, and she could well be in a position to return the favor somewhere down the road. A good move, Barack.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You know I usually find the Huffington Post to be a descent source, but I think that the ides that Obama would help pay Hillary's debt from this statement is a bit of a stretch. I think he said this just to pry the door open to the thought of having her as a running mate. This could calm the fears of some of Hillary's supporters who have said they would vote for McCain if she didn't win the nomination. In that respect it could be a brilliant move, but I doubt he would give up funds that he will need in the general election.

Anyway, if Jay Leno is right, she might get help from the other side.

they say the Clinton campaign is out of money, and today, Republicans said, 'How much do you need?'" --Jay Leno

politicalhumor.about.com...

Funny stuff, but seriously, I bet Rush Limbaugh would kick in a few bucks to try to get his dream of riots at the DNC.

new topics

top topics

join