It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with the asteroids lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Im sorry can we stop the bickering.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Who wants to chip in to hire a hitman to knock off cookie?

You could always just put the hit out on his comp.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
are you people kidding or really going to hire a hitman to bump me???? what kind of hitmen? internet hacker hitmen or physical hitmen with muscles?

if its internet ill just pull my cable modem off for a month if its physical ill call the police

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
are you people kidding or really going to hire a hitman to bump me???? what kind of hitmen? internet hacker hitmen or physical hitmen with muscles?

if its internet ill just pull my cable modem off for a month if its physical ill call the police

I was just kidding.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

I was just kidding.

oh....you people scare me....thirsty going to get sprite...chop chop everyone get back on topic...

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
yes lets get back on the topic .

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
But are there really more of them out there than before, or is it simply that we are just getting better at finding them?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
hmm better at finding them I dunno about Im talking about the NEO'S NEAR EARTH OBJECTS weve been getting a lof of those lately but why???

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
its an interglatic pool table. one thing hits another thing hits another thing...well you get the pic

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A few many thousand years ago, there was a Great Conjuntion of worlds, including an immense Star-like influence which resonated through the planets. Could this be the legend of Planet X?

An interesting story describes these events of old:

"Straining my eyes through the illimitable plains of either, I perceived a long line of worlds, stretching in direct and almost endless continuity. One immense star was wheeling into place, silent, sublime, awful!
The seraph spake: "When Gu-ardor moves into line and the comet reaches the Moon, a convulsive thrill will undulate from the Great Centre to the infinite regions of outer space."
His eyes turned to the Dial, and, following their inclination, I perceived that the index was slowly sinking to the lowest point of the great circle, beneath which, in letters black as night, I discerned this inscription,

"THE HOUR OF DOOM"

The Shadow still moved moved forward till it reached the crystal dome; at that instant Gu-ardor touched the line, the pointer on the Dial trembled to the Hour of Doom, one light of the Burning Seven whent out in gloom, and a throb from the Great Centre quivered through the limitless expanse of the all-embracing Soul.
The Wan Planet felt the shock; weakened in its centre by the labor of the Devas, it reeled, shivered for an instant, then the incoherent mass burst asunder, and the fragments, flying wildly, were scattered in space."

(Implying that the immense star called Gu-ardor could actually be the Galactic Center.)

-Seola by Mrs. J. G. Smith 1878

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true but sounds good to me :-) Our solar system is located on an outer band of the Milky Way galaxy. As our sun and solar system rotate a long with the rest of the solar systems ( billions of them) located in one arm of the spiral galaxy we call the Milky Way. Our sun like the rest does not follow the leader so to speak in a smooth straight course. It also moves above and below the galactic plane. Sort of like an apple floating in a tub of unstill water. The movements however take millions of years and coincidently the last time our sun was located in the center of the galactic plane it rides along was about 65 million years ago and we all know what happened about that time. Not sure where we are at this time but it would be interesting to find out.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
hmm better at finding them I dunno about Im talking about the NEO'S NEAR EARTH OBJECTS weve been getting a lof of those lately but why???

because we have things like NEAR and LINEAR to find these things now. most of the comets the find have periods (time to complete one orbit) of tens or hundreds of thousands of years. even some with millions of years periods

Originally posted by Kriskaos
Usally um comets orbit the sun im not sure that asteroids do too. I and when was the last time asteroids were in the news about 2 times a month. Im getting a program that has orbits of comets and asteroids.

a good program would be any one of the Starry Night products. it does comets, satelites, planets, asteroids, and whatever you want to put in it. plus information on millions of stars, nebulae, and galaxies.

also, there are several websites that can show you the orbits of major satellites, comets, and asteroids.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Skeptical Believer
Not sure if this is true but sounds good to me :-) Our solar system is located on an outer band of the Milky Way galaxy. As our sun and solar system rotate a long with the rest of the solar systems ( billions of them) located in one arm of the spiral galaxy we call the Milky Way. Our sun like the rest does not follow the leader so to speak in a smooth straight course. It also moves above and below the galactic plane. Sort of like an apple floating in a tub of unstill water. The movements however take millions of years and coincidently the last time our sun was located in the center of the galactic plane it rides along was about 65 million years ago and we all know what happened about that time. Not sure where we are at this time but it would be interesting to find out.

this is true. i completely forgot about that! you must be an astronomy/science person too!

[Edited on 2/28/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hmm stary night is ok but The nine planets is 3d you can even zoom way out to the edge of the milky way and you can download updates when they discover new systems etc.

As far as conjuction it could play a role remeber back in 99 when almost all the planets were aligned well there was some asteriod activity then too. Also didnt they discover that chunk of mars in 99 in artic? So with planetery movements you will get serious changes in gravity this will attract bodies like comets and asteroids.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Incase someone hasn't said it yet....

THere aren't more, its just now we are looking. The more we look, the more we see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join