It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Earth weight Increase since ever the Evolution began?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Alright, let me give you an example to make my case. In my opinion building up a skyscraper would not increase earth weight it would be like placing small pieces of stones at one place.

Now what about Humans and other species who had not existed on earth... now they are all in abundance If they have led to increase earth Weight. ?

In my opinion If we are the result of evolution then it should not increase earth weight.. However If adam was descended from heaven to earth and every human being has got soul then it should have increased earth weight..!!!

Please share your knowledge and information on this subject.. thanks!

[edit on 10-5-2008 by LOYAL]

[edit on 10-5-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

I can't really understand you, but to answer the title, the weight of the earth is always increasing slightly because of all the meteors and space dust falling on it. It occasionally loses weight when we launch satellites and space probes away from it, and we lose some mass from gas being blown off the upper atmosphere by the solar wind. Overall, though, the crap falling out of space amounts for more than the losses.

We don't gain any mass through any biological process. It makes no difference how many animals or people are alive. The only thing that changes the mass of the earth is stuff falling on it, and being thrown off.

A person masses no more than the material that went into making them. Souls either do not exist, or are massless. Don't see why you'd believe a soul has mass anyway.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is something I have been meaning to ask myself to see what others think.

I saw the following vid on youtube that states that plate techtonics are not responsible for the continents being were they are and that the earth is in fact "growing" from the inside out as the centre expands.
They claim that plate techtonics is some sort of scientific lie.

The plate techtonic people say that the earth is not growing.

www.youtube.com...

BUT It got me thinking.

As well as the space dust,asteroids and comet debris that is being added there is the cosmic particles.

Most studies into particle physics have to be performed underground at great depth so that the particles that hit the earth are filtred out.

These patrticles must add to the earth.Not on its surface BUT at the depth that they come to rest below the surface.
The amount is huge and over the millenia of earths existence must have added greatly to its original size from the inside out.

The earth has got to have grown as a result of these particles.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Did you see them]

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The stuff living things are made of comes from nature, you can't have something grow until it's come from somewhere else first. That's why you die if you don't eat, that's why the planet had a carrying capacity which is what we are running out of...

So no, life wouldn't make the earth heavier.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
These patrticles must add to the earth.Not on its surface BUT at the depth that they come to rest below the surface.
The amount is huge and over the millenia of earths existence must have added greatly to its original size from the inside out.

The earth has got to have grown as a result of these particles.

The heaviest of those particles are protons, electrons, and alpha particles. Electrons are dissipated, because the earth cannot maintain much of an electric charge. Protons and alpha particles combine with electrons to form hydrogen and helium respectively. They don't penetrate very far at all, and can in fact be stopped by a sheet of paper. After becoming hydrogen and helium, they, being lighter than air, rise to the top of the earth's atmosphere, where they are ionized by incoming solar radiation, and blown off of the earth's atmosphere. Because this has been going on for billions of years, and equilbrium has been reached, and we gain no mass due to this process.

Some mass comes in, just as much goes out.

The rest of the particles are absorbed by the earth as energy, and only contribute to heating the surface and outermost layers of the earth. They do not add any meaningful amount mass to it.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Space dust does add tons of material on earth every year. Read that in some science journal years ago. A scientist did do some precision measurements at a hospice and determines a 'soul' weighs approximately 4 ounces. How true? Don't know.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Space dust does add tons of material on earth every year. Read that in some science journal years ago. A scientist did do some precision measurements at a hospice and determines a 'soul' weighs approximately 4 ounces. How true? Don't know.

The last part is more or less an urban legend. The mass of the soul was measured at 21 grams, by some 1800s era researcher, but nobody was ever able to replicate their results.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602

would the change in weight not just be due to expenditure of air and bodily fluids upon death

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
first of all, it would be the mass of the earth. earth has no objective weight because weight is mass affected by gravity.

anyway, life comes from the existing matter in the earth (read up on the carbon cycle)

however, particles from space are added, albeit at a very slow rate, would add slightly to the earth's mass.

top topics

join