It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation needed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hi All, Just had to join to get an explanation to my sighting on thurs 8th May 08 1555 B.S.T If anyone can shed any light on this i'd love to read about it. I saw 4 parallell jet streams in the sky, all moving same speed together from south to north direction over Newbury in Berkshire U.K. At first i thought it was an air display so i went to grab my binoculars. When i focused on the jetstreams i was astounded to see there was nothing at the front. Totally invisible. There was a faint rumble of engines but no visual at all... There are many air force bases around here but i wasn't aware they had made a completely invisible jet and i thought The Stealth was only un detected by radar... 3 other guys didn't see the jet either, but saw the jet streams... I've been an Air Hostess for 18 years now and seen many a sight, but this one was amazing... Any ideas. Jo

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi, the only thing I can think of are so-called 'Yehudi lights'.
Link
These are lights which "match" the colour and brightness of the aircraft surfaces to that of the sky (the background).

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Do you mean they were leaving contrails?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jojo21

You probably just couldn't see the aircraft, and I think they were Hunters from Delta Jets, Kemble as they had 4 aircraft flying formation to Abingdon (just North of where you spotted them) and back all this week in preparation for the airshow season (Abingdon was their first airshow last weekend, and its a nice short run for Delta Jets).

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Protege

Many Thanks for your reply to my un visual sighting... never heard of Yehudi lights so you taught me something new!!! Cheers. Jojo21

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardPrice

Oh my God, I've just put your name in lights when i didn't need to... Still very new to this website thingy! Just wanted to say Thanks for offering me an explanation to my plee... Cheers.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Clearly what you saw was a Sukhoi T-50 visual stealth aircraft. CIA borrowed one from the former Soviet Union. uk.geocities.com...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by planeman

Cool, I'd prefer to think it was something exotic like that... Does it have 4 engines? It really was controlled flying, just wish i had photographic evidence. Thanks for the link. Thats just how i imagined it to look. What on earth would it be doing over Berkshire uk... Greenham Common stopped being a live U.S Airforce base a long time ago!!!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Clearly what you saw was a Sukhoi T-50 visual stealth aircraft. CIA borrowed one from the former Soviet Union.

I'm not entirely sure if any of that is right. The item in the picture is the movie mock-up of what appears to be a fictitious MiG-31 "Firefox" from the movie Firefox. In fact, the aircraft was not borrowed by the CIA since 1) They'd never lend it anyway and 2) It isn't real.

The T-50 is Sukhoi's in-house reference number to the PAK-FA prototype, not yet flown, rolled out, or even seen by our wandering eyes.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm confused, are you trying to be funny? Because I'm under the impression that you would know better.

By the way jojo, watch the Clint Eastwood movie "FireFox" And you'll know why I would planeman's post funny.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkpr0

Well... so many explanations on an invisible flying object!!! Something made those contrails and i'm at a loss as to know what it was really. My binoculars are good quality yet it appeared there was nothing in the front, where the aircraft should've been. Not even so much as a glimmer of a plane. Excellent visibility that day, cloudless sky, 3.45pm, other aircraft in view as i live on flight path to Heathrow, London. Thanks for taking the time to reply though. Cheers. Jo

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Hi, wouldn't dream of being so flippant re such things i know totally nada about, but if it made you smile then i'm delighted to be of service!!! I'm just glad i dragged in witnesses to my invisible sighting otherwise i'd be questioning my sanity right now! Jo

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's a little something you guys might be interested in.
I can't find it right now, but recently Flight had an article about electromagnetism and visual stealth. According to one source, they were able to cover all areas of the spectrum and were moving to more advanced things with it.

Found the article, it's electroluminescence not magnetism.

Article

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Guys, Berkshire is on the flightpath to RAF (now MoD) Boscombe Down where the Defence Extraterrestrial Research Agency (DERA) is located. This research is now in the Private Sector under QinetiQ.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Now thats more like it... electroluminescence loving you work Zaphod without question, my fave explanation ... so far. Deeply concerned i may be turning all geeky!!!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

WHOA... This is brillopads and far more exciting than a night out in Sleepy Seattle. No idea i lived so close to my own Area 51. Note to self... Must divert attention Skywards more often! Thanks to all you geek freaks out there who have offered such plausible explanations. Just wish you'd all seen it too. Jo

top topics

join