It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ok, so I am still a newbie here, but I'm trying to understand those who are running away from America. While I can understand the inclination, the logic of the plan escapes me. If the plan is one world government (aka, New World Order), then where can you really run to? The only valid option, in my mind, is to stand and fight--not to let them take everything that we hold dear. But I'd love to hear someone else's logic for chasing rabbits somewhere else. Don't get me wrong. Our country is absolutely going to hell in a handbasket, and while I believe that there is little we can do to stop it right now, I also don't feel that running to another country that is no different is the answer either. All fascist governments come to an end, and this one will, too. It won't be pretty, but it will end. I would rather be one of the ones who fought back and lived through it than to be telling my grandchildren that I ran away from the most important fight of my life.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I would just try to go someplace remote/ sparsely populated (to reduce risk of harm or injustice to myself and also lower the risk that I might pose if I accidentally suspected something of someone who might turn out to be innocent) then choose to become a "Stateless Person" while any potential Civil Wars or Anarchy is occurring. Though being a Stateless Person during such times would be extra dangerous as it is fully possible that I could be seen as an enemy to any and all sides in the "Current Situation"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A One World Order will be the new WAY upon Earth, whether you like it or not. Resistance is futile. Resistance will result in your expulsion from humanity.

You do understand the whole point behind a united One World Order is to create fairness and equality for all ~ and that means all of Earths citizens. This mindset that a small minority gang of elitists (US citizens) are entitled to a majority of the Earths limited resources must stop ~ and will ~ one way or another!

Of course this will mean a drastic change/reduction in the lifestyles of the sprawling suburban US elitists, but it is for the good of the rest in the world that are living in squalor, and you can sympathize with that, can't you? The days when you elitists could out-bid the poorer nations for food and oil and other natural resources are almost over.

Suck it up buddy, the One World Order is coming, whether you like it or not. And when push comes to shove, know this: I will be an armed and dangerous soldier for the OWO, and I just might be one of your neighbors ~ waiting ~ waiting for my orders to spring into action.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Ya know, I used to think that way, too. But then I realized that if there were a way to make us all equal, communism would have worked and it would have spread like wildfire. Unfortunately, we are human, and that means that we want what we can get for ourselves. We are not equal, and we do not care about each other--at least most of us don't. The world envisioned in Star Trek is a fantasy. There will always be an elite class. The only way to balance the scales is for those who are not of the elite to use the power of their numbers to keep the balance. Until we do that, we deserve the way that we are treated by the elite because we are allowing it to happen.

On the other hand, I understand why you would want to steer clear of the fighting once it starts. Part of me agrees with that, too, but that is because I have children that I want to protect so that they can live to see the Constitution reinstated and the freedom of the people restored. My family comes first, but I know that my husband will be one of the ones to fight for what we both feel is right.

It would be nice if people were basically good, but we are not. We are selfish and greedy, and we cannot deny our nature. Altruism is not an evolutionary concept and it is something that only comes out when we feel pushed. To expect us all to be altruistic on a daily basis is idealistic. I guess I have lost the ability to be that idealistic.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125
I'm not suggesting everyone will be personally living equal lives ~ I'm simply saying we need to equalize the playing field for every human upon Earth! There will always be the have-nots, because they simply don't DO FOR THEMSELVES like the haves that DO. What I'm saying, for example, is that the whole world should be playing with the same One World Order currency, in a world without fences and borders, all playing by the same rules. Down with ALL sovereign nations (gangs)! (in other words, no longer will nuke-nations rule the world and push the rest around to get what they want)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yeah, that sounds good on paper. Unfortunately, it just does not fit the world in which we live. Yes, people should care about each other and they should be interested in the welfare of humanity--not just the welfare of their own people or community. However, I think that if we look at Burma or Darfur (just two of the most well-known examples) that we can see that the world, as a whole, is nowhere close to being ready for this kind of one world government. While we are waiting for the rest of the world to catch up (which I do not expect to happen even in my great grandchildren's lifetime), I choose America, and I think that when the Constitution is followed to the letter, it really is the greatest country in the world--at least for an individualistic, capitalist society like ours. One of the things that I think many people fail to understand is that America works for Americans because we have been conditioned to believe in the experiment. We are individualistic, so freedom becomes paramount. In societies that are more community or family-oriented, our system will not work because they cannot change their entire philosophical outlook overnight. And even if they could, the probably wouldn't. Different systems of government are necessary because of the vast differences between the people in different countries.

So maybe my outlook is somewhat skewed toward the here and now, and I admit that. I prefer to look at the reality of the situation, hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
By the way, my husband says that you can run if you want, but leave your guns behind for someone who will use them!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No worries I'll leave my Super Soaker Water Gun behind and fully loaded if someone as use for it in Sit X or an Invasion ^^. Shame I have nothing stronger than that.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

"All animals are equal" always converts itself to "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". Citations from "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.
I fear that this New World will be far worse then old corrupted one.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Zero,

I'm wondering if you are referring to the NWO or their replacements after the people rise up against them? Machiavelli seems to refer to this in his "Circle of Governments," which suggests that this is the natural order of things. We go through cycles varying from monarchy/dictatorship to democracy, but we never seem to actually get it right. I hope that we can at least improve on the current model at some point.

Scarlett

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

Rebellion? Well, it is to a scary option too, but NWO is much much scarier. And i am not sure that rebellion will work. General public will receive its "bread and circuses" ,media will do its brainwashing and any failures/tragedies will not be heard of. So only few would be possibly motivated to actively overthrow the system and since the need for manpower in military/enforcement will decline in next decades due to robotic technologies - Machiavelli and other,later political ideologists will be completely obsolete. Once government will not need to worry about people in its armed forces - it is free to do what they wish.
Do not get me wrong - i think that people who stand behind this NWO idea were/are idealists and do not wish to do much harm. But i feel that it will be a tragic mistake to make world one big "happy" prison. Not to mention that i do not trust the management...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm with you on the mistrust of the management. However, I do think that once things get bad enough, there will be a rebellion. Most fascist governments have the elements of their own demise within the system, so I'm optimistic that the people will eventually tire of it and see the necessity for change.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

"All animals are equal" always converts itself to "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others". Citations from "Animal Farm" by George Orwell.

Animal Farm was required reading for an english class I attended during my 7th grade. I can't help but wonder if this book is even permitted into the curriculum in this day and age...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'd doubt that it is. That's why I chose to get my MA and teach college. I love the fact that I don't have to deal with parents who think that they know everything or want to stick their heads in the sand. My students are adults, and I'm thankful for that EVERY DAY!!! LOL

new topics

top topics

join