It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is ruining my life...waaa waaa waaa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sinema

Why do people rubber-neck at a car wreck even though they don't want to see brain matter or blood and guts?

Same principle I guess, it's hard to look away. Look at the popularity of the Jerry Springer Show.

Also when I started this rant, I was talking about a different sort of thread, one that seemed to be contagious, which was the "Oh I am leaving ATS, no one cares about me, no one reads my post, oh whoa is me, ATS used to be a great place now the newbies are wrecking everything and all the old members have left...so I am quitting ATS...goodbye cruel world etc."

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Hello, Apexer. Sorry to bump a thread that was dead. I was laying in bed last night thinking about this (Yes, I am a nerd who lays in bed at night contemplating things I see on ATS) and was trying to think about the 'old timers' who raise issues and concerns. Surely we are all tired of whining and complaining but this is what I thought about concerning the current phenomenon of whine threads and why the ranters sometimes actually do deserve the benefit of a doubt and shouldn't be so quickly dismissed.

I generally gloss over the complaints of newbies but what about the ardent and long time supporters of ATS who raise complaints? How are we to look at this? Like this:

When people don't care about something, they are prone to walk away without a thought. The fact they are willing to face confrontation and insults in order to raise their concerns can possibly speak volumes about their love and dedication to ATS. Think of it like a relationship. When you know it's over and don't care that it's over, the best course of action is to walk away. But when you have invested much time in the relationship and are still very dedicated to your significant other, you are still willing to and even still want to 'work it out.'

I think what needs to be done in the case of ATS rant threads is differentiate between the petty whiners and those who truly do care about ATS and desire to 'make it work.' And of course, just like a relationship, sometimes that requires a heart to heart talk between the involved parties and honestly expressing your concerns in order to reach an amicable solution.

Just a thought. It's not always the case but it can be.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
I don't know you and wasn't talking about you
[edit on 17-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

this is the EXACT same thing i think whenever particular members try to give me bull
around here.

<< 1  2   >>

join