It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is ruining my life...waaa waaa waaa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else who is a member here on ATS/BTS...but I am soooo sick of the boo-hooing going on right now on this site....we have the "old guard" of the site in new threads pining away about how "ATS isn't what it used to be"...it seems like 3 times a week now in BTS we have old members begging the rest of us to tell them why we worship them, why they should stay, when they tell us they are leaving the site, they don't tell us "new" members why they are leaving, they site obscure reasons such as "well ATS is taken over by the guvmnet, or by 'disinformation agents' etc...

I for one am sooooooooo sick of this for many reasons....first of all, there's not one single FACT to back up these wild claims....

2nd of all....just because you "have had many friends" on here that have been banned, doesn't make it a conspiracy, it's NOT ALL ABOUT YOU, or your friends, who OBVIOUSLY break the rules of this site to GET BANNED.

3rd...and the most IMPORTANT thing that you whining idiots NEVER bother to consider, is how much WORK running a site like this must be....all of you who whine and moan and think the government is watching your every post here on ATS lol...why don't you try thinking about HOW this site even works? Do you even ONCE consider how many man/woman hours go into just policing one TOPIC let alone the whole site?

Do you SERIOUSLY think that Springer, Overlord, or anyone else you consider to be in "on the conspiracy" have a spare 30 minutes to monitor your small thread about the "illuminatii'?

Use your heads people....SHEESH, it's AMAZING to me what adults are capable of, bitching and whining and moaning, endlessly...about this and that injustice...when, it's just like the TV, if you don't like it, CHANGE THE CHANNEL or the WEBSITE!!

Sorry about the rant lol...but my GAWD people, get a grip on yourselves...I know we've all had more then enough...of the hoaxers etc....but, when the darn regulars start acting like the 3 day old accounts and whining, there's something wrong here, and it isn't with the site. Just my rant minus my 2 cents lol

[edit on 10-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I agree with everything.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I agree, I sometimes get tired of the "ive been here longer than you" mentality. It's not like that makes one Iota of a difference whether or not someone is a good poster.

This site runs well in my opinion and there are clearly defined ways to deal with just about any situation that arises. The membership has grown by leaps and bounds and I meet new members every day that have something good to contribute.

The whole CONINTELPRO conspiracy is tired my friends. If you guys get proof post it, otherwise please let that dead horse decompose.

I gotta add I thought that the topic title was going to talk about something completely different. I was going to say man ATS addiction sucks and I think the betty ford center has a wing set asside for victims of ATS Addiction.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Star & Flag!

You my freind have put into words what ive have been longing to
Thank you very much!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

The whole CONINTELPRO conspiracy is tired my friends. If you guys get proof post it, otherwise please let that dead horse decompose.

Do you really think counter-intelligence operatives would ever be dumb enough to leave people with proof of what they do?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Everyone makes mistakes especially government employees. Gotta remember that the same people that work at the DMV work for the government. You think a cushy government job inspires a great work ethic?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I also agree, the drama factor is running amok around here...

Don't drink the water it might be contagious!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yep, I agree too..... and well said L.A.

And as for the government owning ATS...... I mean come on people... really!!!

Sometimes I feel sorry for the owners here, even after everything theyve given us, a fantastic site, great staff, and free membership we still turn against them.

Time to let the government issue die, its getting boring... and as for the older members we dont live in the past (the good old days) we live in the here and now.

S&F

JQ.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I fully agree with the (OP).

However, everything must be looked at fully so it can be proven or disproven.

Remember, the moment we disallow a topic, ANY Conspericy, is the moment we start to lose what we have here.

Disprove all the silly rumor's, but do it with logic and fact.

Now lets hear it for the ATS dancers:

:clwnd nc:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well if this site is owned, run, or "infiltrated" by "government disinformation agents"
then "they" are still running a darn great site in my opinion.

And yes, I understand this is a conspiracy site and all, but, for people to go around accusing the owners of stuff like that, they ought to at least have a logical argument for why they believe this, facts would be nice too besides the fact that all of their FRIENDS are banned...which, in my opinion doesn't speak well for someone's judgment in choice of friends that they can't even follow simple guidelines of conduct.

There was recently an episode of this going on in Twitter as well. A member who got banned on ATS but was still in Twitter going on and on about this same old crap, that he/she was banned for no reason, that it was all a conspiracy to silence them, then they began ranting for two days and posting some sort of rival site over and over until I finally got disgusted and blocked them so I didn't have to even waste time reading their idiotic posts.

Anyway, I figured I'd be blasted for this rant, glad to see I am not the only one who is sick of the whiners and the Attention/Sympathy Hounds out there.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
UFO's, God, Bigfoot and every other conspiracy theory in here will be proved or disproved long before we could ever know an ATS conspiracy existed. I moved on to what I CAN help reveal.
And if it WAS true... who better to help us reveal the truth behind this myriad of curtains than another man behind a curtain who "tugs" at them all...and has been doing so for YEARS. Either way, better the devil you know and I don't bite the hand that feeds me.

Some threads just seem like wasted space. Most topics already have masses of unanswered questions, plenty of debate and they all take time to manage "like LateApexer mentioned. Not surprising we're in the dark with so many people running around tossing lightbulbs at eachother and nobody taking time to plug them in. "Hand me that one over there, and give me a leg up!"
"aaaaaaah, now I see!"

As for "who's been here longer"...newbies or old timers.... it just don't matter to me!
"It ain't wot you got, it's the way that you do it", right? and if you don't like it change it or don't do it. Remember, ATS comes with an "ignore" button, a "search" facility and a "log out" button, all of which should be used at the appropriate times.

Great post, ..star & flagged

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hey LA. Well said. I guess it just depends on what it is that a member is hoping to gain from this site. It's become very obvious that some just aren't getting the answers that they are seeking. To me, ATS isn't a place for answers, but a place for ideas. Well, except for that one Pheonix thread, you know the one I'm talking about, that one got some answers.

To me personally, ATS is a great site to gain some knowledge, meet some cool people, laugh, get the latest and greatest breaking news and ufo sightings, torment the mods, chit chat a little, and have an excuse not to do laundry.

But, in all fairness, everyone is entitled to a good rant now and then, that's why we have that category. Some members just need a good pick me up or maybe some perspective. But I suggest that if they are, indeed, so unhappy with ATS, then they should just step away for awhile and reexamine (uh, is that a word?) the reason why they are here in the first place.

Rush

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
am I the only one to notice the irony of a thread complaining about people who complain?

Welcome to the internets, where people get worked up over trivial issues, this thread included.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
Welcome to the internets, where people get worked up over trivial issues, this thread included.

Hi scientist. With all due respect of course, I guess that's why we have a rant category, so people can rant about whatever they want, no matter how trivial (or not), or they would call it the "Rant About Only Important Things" category. And what may seem trivial to you may not be to someone else.

Rush

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
not trying to negate the rant or anything. Just figured I would point out the contradiction - it's how I replenish my chi.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its the same on any site that's been around for a while. Over time, the early members slowly start leaving and the ones that are left inevitably start pining away for the 'good old days'. They tend to have their own little group and feel that all of the newer members are somehow inferior to them and feel threatened once their group is no longer big enough to bully the noobs into submission.

I haven't seen as much of that here on ATS as on many other boards, but elsewhere, its usually the reason that the long time members start whining.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
am I the only one to notice the irony of a thread complaining about people who complain?

LMAO! You got me there scientist lmfao....good one, have a star for pointing out the irony of the obvious on the internet LOL...long may we all rant and rave!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
hey, if you check my old posts, believe you me... there are some rants there that put this one to shame, heh.

i dont think ats is ruining anyones lives... internet addiction and isolation, perhaps. My only complaint with ATS is that it's too liberal on speculation and moderation, and not liberal enough on topics. But don't get me started, especially on the rant board!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by scientist]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
things are getting messed up. don't know what, but there is too much complaining about it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hey, wise guys, i've been here since the dawn of time and you must respect me.

Just kidding.

As far as drama, its been here since i signed up- and i mean REAL drama, curtains parting, the entire thing! Shakesperean drama

I think what happens, and i am guilty once in awhile, is that we all have baggage at home in our private lives and then we LOG IN.

Then there's a tendency to rip apart everyone we dont agree with, have feelings of insecurity, bla bla bla.

I think if we feel this way we should just stay away from this place.

And this isnt a babysitting service where moderators will make us all better either.

What i am doing now is, if i'm in a foul mood, i stay away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join