It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im voting for Mccain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by easynow

There's more important things to look for than late-term abortions.

You seem to be ignoring everything else one should look at.

How could you ignore so much, over an abortion choice?

look i already said the abortion issue isnt the only thing deciding my vote here. fyi i am not ignoring anything.

you seem to be avoiding the question i have posed...

do you support late term abortions ?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
your making assumptions on future things that have not happened.

Not happened yet? Have you not noticed the bush administrations destructiveness? It IS happening.

you think Obama is your save all...your in for a big surprise

I am not an Obama supporter, btw. But it looks like someone was making assumptions.

AAC

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Not happened yet? Have you not noticed the bush administrations destructiveness? It IS happening.

your previous statement assumed McCain as a future bad guy...so lets make sure this is in the proper perspective.

Your logic is off. If a pro-life president leads this country into disarray, and a pro-choice president makes the country prosper, which would you choose?

Bush = Pro-life = USA Disarray

since i have to choose between a guy that is pro-life and a guy that is pro-choice i choose pro life because maybe he has some morals and will at least be thinking of saving lives.

I am not an Obama supporter, btw. But it looks like someone was making assumptions.

well you got me fooled then...

since your so opinionated why dont you tell us who your gonna vote for ?
or do you not live in the USA ?

[edit on 11-5-2008 by easynow]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I vote Ron Paul.

I play devil's advocate, pretty much because I don't understand your position. It doesn't make sense to vote for a president that can't necessarily do anything for your cause, and perhaps just said it to get your vote, all the while he's planning his next invasion where thousands more civilians may perish.

Just because someone may agree on one footnote, doesn't mean they are like-minded. Case in point, Bush believes in pro-life, however he's an idiot that de-stabilized our country, imo.

AAC

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I would like to think that Obama would be able to pull them out, but regardless of his promises, whomever is president will not be able to pull out all the troops. They might bring some home, but we will have to maintain a presence there, which was I believe was one of the objectives all along, even though we were told the war would only last a few months.

For me, I think we need to hold those people accountable for misleading the American public into this war in the only way we have. If McCain were to win, that tells the politicians that we agree with what has been done over the last 8 years. If he looses, then they will know why. Votes are the only things these people really care about.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

No no no no no no no no. McCain is the WORST candidate.

No no no no no no no no. Obama is the WORST candidate.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
www.politics1.com...

man .. you beat me to it!
I was going to post that!

It isn't just Obama v McCain folks ....
Vote for the RIGHT person .. not the least worst.

you cant seriously think any of those others could actually win ?

Since when do we vote based upon who can win?
It's supposed to be who we think the best person is for the job.
We should vote for the person who we think is best ... so we can sleep well at night.

Originally posted by MountainStar
I'm voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write his name in.

Amen!!

Originally posted by Unit541
This guy is a liar. .

So are Hillary and Obama.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
It's extremely unclear to me why anyone approaching the age where one should no longer drive, should be given the keys to The White House to run this country.

Ageism.

People age differently. McCain at 70+ is healthier and sharper of mind then I am at 46. Look at his DNA .. his parents ... that tells you what to expect physically and mentally as he ages.

He is a one term guy for sure.
HE is not too old, even though I would be.

Originally posted by tmbandt
Mccain is a perfect example of what has in effect, destroyed the republican party.

Actually, I think it's the far right religious conservatives that have.

Ron Paul .... what i dont understand is why he did so bad here in Florida

Lack of $$$

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Ihe has a quick temper.

That's a very legitimate concern.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Wouldn't it be better to mind your own business, and let people decide for themselves,

That's the same as saying of one person murdering another - wouldn't it be better to mind your own business and let people decide for themselves if they want to commit murder? Same thing. Abortion stops a human heart from beating. The victim has no voice and no say. He or she is just painfully murdered.

There's more important things to look for than late-term abortions.

yes and no. It is a very good measure of a society to look at how they treat those most helpless within it. Unborn children are the most helpless. To approve of partial-birth abortion .. and to hint at approval of infanticide (Obama did) ... is a strong statement and is a good measure.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

you cant seriously think any of those others could actually win ?

post by FlyersFan ...Since when do we vote based upon who can win?
It's supposed to be who we think the best person is for the job.

i understand your thinking but unfortunately there are only two candidates that will actually have a chance at becoming President. i consider my vote more useful in helping to decide wich one of those two win.

post by FlyersFan ...We should vote for the person who we think is best ... so we can sleep well at night.

i will sleep really good for the next four years if i know my vote helped in someway to keep Obama out of the White House. ...

[edit on 12-5-2008 by easynow]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Wouldn't it be better to mind your own business, and let people decide for themselves,

That's the same as saying of one person murdering another

Um, no it's not on so many levels. First, it was referring to a vote, not whether or not I believed abortion is right or wrong. It has already been said that presidents don't have that much power on the subject. And why we're on the subject, do you really think it's murder? Cultures in some countries kill their newborns once finding out the sex, and if its a girl they'd kill it because of the burden that comes with being a women.

The entire point of my post was to reveal the danger in voting on single story-lines. There's a bugger picture, to some I guess.

wouldn't it be better to mind your own business and let people decide for themselves if they want to commit murder? Same thing.

What? Are you serious? They do that anyway, do murderers normal consult people before they do it? That's nonsense. There is only one judge, and people making exceptions to that rule is trouble for everyone. Ye without sin, cast the first stone.

Abortion stops a human heart from beating.

So do unjustified wars. But no one wants to vote based on affinity for things like, Oil, Greed, Extortion, Lies, and deception. But hell, that abortion issue sure is a tell-tale sign of evil.

Didn't GOD invent free will? It's like people never read the Bible.

The victim has no voice and no say.

Neither did the Katrina victims.
I bet you believe we can have it both, huh?

He or she is just painfully murdered.

I don't think anyone openly supports late-term abortions. And at eight weeks, pain is not an option.

AAC

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

i will sleep really good for the next four years if i know my vote helped in someway to keep Obama out of the White House. ...

Please, look at what McCain brings to the table before you decide this above quote.

A man who supports torture, and a perpetual war that will push us into a 3rd world country, and a corporate tool. A man who voted against bringing aid to Katrina victims.

Please, think about things like this.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If I had to vote today, I'd probably vote McCain too. It hurts to say that though.

Hillary is pure evil. If you haven't seen it, go rent the movie Election. This is a great representation of Hillary Clinton. She will lie, cheat and/or steal to get into office. If Hillary was on the ballot against Satan himself, I'd still have trouble voting for her.

Obama is a slick politician. There are several reasons I could never vote for him. One, he's publicly stated that he will raise taxes. Two, the entire reverend incident revealed his true character to me. I see two possibilities for that situation. The first is that he's straight out lying. You don't attend a church for decades and not realize that your pastor is a pretty hardcore racist. The second is that he's not actually a church going Christian and is just saying he is to pander to the Christians. Regardless of which one it is...he's a liar.

McCain - He's very old which is concerning. He's stated that we will be in Iraq for the long haul. Definitely more of the same...but is more of the same actually better than what Hillary or Obama will do?

Given these three I'd vote for McCain. I'm hoping something changes between now and election time so that we have a better choice.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Please people, Insan Mc Cain is not what the USA needs.
Hey, I think We The People need to boycot the Elections.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

A man who supports torture, and a perpetual war

He has called water boarding torture (which it is) and said it has to stop.
He has NOT called for a perpetual war. He said he wants a presence in Iraq, like we have in Japan and Germany, and ONLY if the Americans can be there safely.

do you really think it's murder?

When one person stops another persons heart from beating just to make life easier for him/herself, then OF COURSE it is murder. If it were self defense to save him/herself then that's another story.

Cultures in some countries kill their newborns once finding out the sex,

Murder.

Are you serious? They do that anyway,

Are you serious? 'They' rape anyways so lets legalize that.
Are you serious? 'They' are pedophilies anyway so let's legalize that.
Are you serious? 'They' kidnap anyway so let's legalize that.

Ye without sin, cast the first stone.

No where did I judge a persons soul. I stated a fact. Stopping someones heart from beating is murder - with very few exceptions.

It's like people never read the Bible.

Actually I have read it and continue to read it. Did you know there is a quote in there somewhere (OT) that people used to go to their Jewish priests to get the meds to cause abortions?

But the bible has nothing to do with this. I'm talking science. Look at an ultrasound. The baby sucks his/her thumb. He/she opens his/her eyes. They play with their toes. They FEEL PAIN. I'm talking science.

Neither did the Katrina victims.

Um .... what's that got to do with anything? I musta missed something here.

[edit on 5/13/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

i wouldn't vote for another republican, they have lost their way. they either support the wealthy and corporate, or the religious right. they could care less about the middle class or poor. they have become the most self-centered, un-patriotic, let-them-eat-cake, i-got-mine-so-f-you, type of politicians since the harding administration. only if i made over $300,000.00 a year would i vote for a republican, then i know i would be taken care of.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Mccain is George Bush V.2.0

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CzErased
Mccain is George Bush V.2.0

That's what the obama team wants everyone to think.
Truth is - McCain isn't a conservative. He's barely a moderate.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

interesting, how in the bloody hell does barack obama controls Mccain mouth and voice?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Fannie, you may want to check that again.

It's not just Obama's team that shows this, but it's mainly McCain himself.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

so let me get this striaght...hundreds of thousands of people have lost their homes, the middle class is being decimated by rising costs compared to stagnant wages, 47 million people with no healthcare, a war that has cost thousands of american servicemens lives, and hundreds of billions of tax dollars; american kids that are collage graduates having to compete with low wage grad transplants from other countries. and your basing your decision on abortion??? you're a republicans wet dream.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Fannie,

Oh berti .. I kinda like that!
We are like an old married couple, with cute nicknames for each other.

It's not just Obama's team that shows this, but it's mainly McCain himself.

McCain provides fodder. Definately.
However, he isn't BushII. Bush wasn't even Bush I.
Cheney runs the administration and the country.

McCain, if elected, would be a one term lame duck.
He wouldn't have Cheney's connections or power either.

I also stand by my statement - McCain is NOT a conservative
and I'll add that his potential policies stink.

(btw ... At this point I'm voting for Ron Paul, come hell or high water ... or anti-christ, or TEOTWAWKI or comet strike or McCain or Hillary or anything else.)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join