It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im voting for Mccain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
McCain is the worst of the worst. It's extremely unclear to me why anyone approaching the age where one should no longer drive, should be given the keys to The White House to run this country. We can't give them to the "other" party either. We do have other options, people. It's not a "wasted vote" if your guy wins. Here are at least 2 of those other options...

Is this man John McCain’s worst nightmare?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jon1117
Speaking of jokes, look at your signature. I'm not giving anything up, it seems like your trying to take it. (I'd like to see you try)

These words

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety
-Benjamin Franklin

Think about what that quote is actually stating. I believe these are good words to live by.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

McCain has said he wants to keep the US in Iraq for the next 100 years. That's one of the top 20 moronic comments in the history of the world.

He also said that he would like to have Darth Cheney as his vice president. That statement is also in the top 20.

For those 2 reasons alone, and there are hundred more, I would NEVER vote for him and I also consider him a sellout to his brothers in arms in the military. What happened to "never leaving a soldier behind" ? He wants to leave them all behind in an endless quagmire in Iraq.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Dr.Ron Paul is a pro lifer as well.He is also a staunch conservative and strick constitutionalist.I have watched this field of canidates and have become quite ill at the prospect of any one of them being elected.

Please consider a write in vote for Ron Paul. It's not to late to turn this country around if enough people will make the hard choice.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Mccain is a perfect example of what has in effect, destroyed the republican party. He is lying, flip flopping, sleazy career politician and an ill tempered elitist. I'd rather be drawn and quartered than vote for him. I see Hillary is the exact same as he, only with bigger calves. I'd like to trust Obama, but I can't.

I'll either write in Paul, or vote for Barr.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
your voting for Mccain?

my condolences for the country that you are helping to kill.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by easynow

Dr.Ron Paul is a pro lifer as well.He is also a staunch conservative and strick constitutionalist.I have watched this field of canidates and have become quite ill at the prospect of any one of them being elected.

Please consider a write in vote for Ron Paul. It's not to late to turn this country around if enough people will make the hard choice.

yes i know Ron is pro-life and i voted for him in the Florida primary. what i dont understand is why he did so bad here in Florida...i think he got 3 percent of the vote. there seems to be so many people that like Ron and i still cant figure out why his numbers were not better Nationwide.

like i said before...i dont like the choices we are faced with but since i have to vote for someone and i want my vote to actually count... so as of today i am going to vote for McCain because he is pro-life.

i completely understand why writing in Ron Paul's name is a good thing. but on the other hand if he really wanted to get my vote all he would have to do is run as an Independent or Libertarian. since he is going to stay on the Republican ticket with no chance of winning i see writing in his name as a vote for Obama.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Voting merely on the credit of "pro-life or pro-choice" is very dangerous for many reasons. Firstly, many subjects are important to keep our country stable, and in our unstable times, we should start to take notice of stability, before we go back to core beliefs. What if you don't have a stable country in the future to share your faith in?

Pro-life is what got Mr. Bush elected, and what has he done for pro-life? He has actually had a hand in killing many many innocent lives since elected. So when you thought you were voting for pro-life, you were indirectly voting for a massive loss of life. What is better?

Abortion will never be repealed completely, however our country is not destined for longevity, especially if we don't take some time to focus on stability.

We are presently unstable, and tunnel vision on pre-life is actually counter-productive to our country's chances at survival.
In my opinion, as always.

AAC

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

thanks for your reply but,

Mr. McCain...pro-life

Mr. and Mrs. Obama...pro-choice and a track record of supporting late term abortions

wich one do you choose ? you can spin this all you want but the choice is very simple.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by easynow]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The problem with voting for a candidate on such issues is that the president will never be the decider. He or She can only nominate supreme court judges who may or may not over turn the current laws. There is now a conservative majority on the supreme court and Roe vs. Wade is still law.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Well, I guess if abortion views are your only criteria for being the leader of the free world...

...I'd still go with Obama.

I'm pro-choice myself.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would never vote Republican, nor would I vote for McCain for any reason. He is clearly too old, he isnt even in office and has had a sex scandal! The man is a warmonger, and he has a quick temper. Have you seen his face? The way it is red all the time? He looks unhealthy, a real turn off in my president.

The biggest issue I have with McCain is that he is not prolife at all, he is prodeath. No one can claim prolife status if they support the death penalty, and the war. He is my nightmare candidate.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
it is not the only criteria in deciding my choice. and yes i know the President doesnt have the power on his own to decide the Law.

a candidates stance on abortion... shows me what their morals and value's are.

if you cant respect an unborn baby...how can you have the morals to lead this country ?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You might want to pick a different way to measure.

I myself am pro-choice, and I think I have very high morals. Not to mention my goal in life is to be able to answer a specific question "How many lives have you saved?" with the response 'TMTC'.

'Too many to count'.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

so are you telling me that you support late term abortions ?

anyone that can justify that has no business in the White House...imo

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

if you cant respect an unborn baby...how can you have the morals to lead this country ?

Your logic is off. If a pro-life president leads this country into disarray, and a pro-choice president makes the country prosper, which would you choose?

Bush = Pro-life = USA Disarray

AAC

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

If you are religious and you should believe in not judging another, because only God has that right. Wouldn't it be better to mind your own business, and let people decide for themselves, considering the myriad of circumstances that you're not privy to?

That is the other side of the "fair" argument, btw.

AAC

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Originally posted by easynow

Your logic is off. If a pro-life president leads this country into disarray, and a pro-choice president makes the country prosper, which would you choose?

Bush = Pro-life = USA Disarray

AAC

your logic is off...

your making assumptions on future things that have not happened.

you think Obama is your save all...your in for a big surprise

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

There's more important things to look for than late-term abortions.

You seem to be ignoring everything else one should look at.

How could you ignore so much, over an abortion choice?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by easynow

If you are religious and you should believe in not judging another, because only God has that right. Wouldn't it be better to mind your own business, and let people decide for themselves, considering the myriad of circumstances that you're not privy to?

That is the other side of the "fair" argument, btw.

AAC

i am not judging if anyone is going to heaven or hell here so stop comparing apples to oranges thank you.

Wouldn't it be better to mind your own business, and let people decide for themselves, considering the myriad of circumstances that you're not privy to?

i could say the same to you...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join