It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Animal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey as you can see im pretty new to ATS and i joined because of a skunk ape article i saw. This seems like a good place to get some info. on a creature i heard in my back yard. Unfortunately i wasnt able to get a video because the thing just walked by and left but; the creature did let out its "call" and to me it sounded like a velocia raptor from Jurassic Park sort of screeches and clicks (im not saying i think it was a velocia raptor that was just a comparison). I saw the creatures sillouette and it was 2 to 3 feet tall and was walking erect, from the posture id say it was a mamal because it didnt move like a reptile it kinda walked like a small bear sluggish and clumsy. When i looked for tracks in the morning i noticed my garbage was torn up (though my dog is often the culprit) and i found no sign of a track. If anyone has any ideas let me know what you think, thanks.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
First of all where are you located geographically?Another question what wildlife you have in that area?Something 2-3 feet sounds either coyote,blackbear or maybe a raccon,Answer those first 2 qs and that would help.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think you may have answered your own question there. Small bear sounds right to me. Especially by your description of its call.

Check out the 2nd and 3rd link on this site Animal sounds and see what you think.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Okay, i own 42 acres in myakka florida it is sorta like swamp land very damp and covered in palmetto trees. There are black bears in florida but they are not found near this region at all, and the noise i heard definitely was not a bear.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well there is black bears in florida,and if they are in your region i dont know but there are also the florida mountain lion or called swamp puma etc.Sorry people talk about this skunk ape and its so hard to believe something like that being there.But again what do i know.These days whats impossible yesterday is possbile today.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is simply the impression I get after reading the initial post, the reply's, the OPs previous posting and many other threads like this one.

You seem to be fishing for the 'skunk ape' answer.

I have seen a couple of threads like this over time. A description is given, reactions are produced and those reactions are dismessed outright if they aren't what the OP wants them to be.

I am willing to bet that if I had not said anything and someone came by suggesting that it sounded an awful lot like a skunk ape, that the OP would willingly and without question accept the answer...

...because that is the answer he/she is looking for.

Other suggestions are hushed aside; waiting for that which is already thought.

The only other post from the OP (at the time of this reply), is as follows:

Originally posted by Myakka_King22
I noticed your video on youtube, you see i am fascinated with the skunk ape and have seen him on my property twice. I have 42 acres in myakka and i use "slop" (old fruits and meat to bait skunk ape slop is what i call it). I like this website because there is so much information on skunk ape, alot of it not true, but i did notice one thing about your skunk ape in particular that tells me this may make tis video not be as false as some people think. In your video the creature has short hair which, short hair is essential for skunk apes in this hot humid Florida climate. Many skunk ape hoaxes show skunk ape with long hair which is a characteristic of a sasquathch or a bigfoot wihich live in cold climates where long hair is necessary for survival outdoors.

The sections I put in bold are important (I felt).

I am not saying that the OP is attempting to commit a hoax, far from it. I believe that he/she truly believes that they have seen this animal (perhaps they did).

However, it would seem that the OP is, like others, searching for something which confirms his take on the experience: it was a skunk ape.

We all want confirmation in our beliefs. I just think we shouldn't let them become our blinders.

edit: used 'bigfoot' instead of 'skunk ape'.

[edit on 5/11/0808 by spines]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well spotted... The OP seems to have convinced himself and if he has seen the skunk ape twice as he claims why come here to tell us about something he didn't see instead? Sound like a bear to me and his "skunk ape bait" sounds like it would be mighty tempting to bears too.

top topics

join