It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firby = Demon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So... firby toys are these bunny-owl type creaturs that kids play with... they are electronic and talk... ive heard some stories about firby being evil... got any ideas? stories? thoughts?

A Story:

My friend kept it on a shelf... wakes up in middle of the night to find it on the end of his bed... it opens its eyes and hapily chirps, Firby Hungry!... now it is a normal thing that it says but kind of an awkward time isnt it???

REPLY!!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The light sensors on those thigns were crappy. I felt really bad about wanting one when I tosed it out the window. SOmetimes they'd just randomly activate at night. As for your friend, I think he was just yanking your chain.
They were demonic, sure. But only in the sense that they never shut up and were annoying as hell.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by youknowit

I don't know about them being demonic... however my sister's would often scream like Sam Kinnison and that was a bit disturbing. Demonic or not, it's fun to call people and let the Furby do the talking for you, freaks them out every time.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I recall some story a while back ( but I'm going to be a lowlife and not run down the reference, I have to go to work soon and etc.) about I think furbys that came from China that had evil messages in a voice chip like " I am Satan, I want to # you, die America, eat poison, Tibet was begging for it" (okay I made the last one up).
I've heard this story two or three times, about various toys. It makes it seem like Chinese toy-maker serfs have time on their hands and a sense of humor...plus either semi-English-speaking-literacy or universal-language-of-hatred sincerity...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Interesting!...

if furby is evil i wouldnt blame him... people are evil to furbies... furby in microwave... furby thrown out window... furby blown up... firby lit on fire... furby run over by a car......

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes, unfortunately to this day, I STILL have to feed my furby the flesh from virgins.

EVIL, EVIL FURBIES!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

yes perhaps furby is not evil but misunderstood
perhaps he requires interpretation, symbolically
when he says " I will eat your soul!" what he really means is
"You smell Good! I like vanilla!"
perhaps it is our neocolonialist relationship with furby, keeping him confined to the toychest/reservation, that has driven him to terrorism
perhaps there is a little furby inside every one of us

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Me and my friend set one on fire and after wards it was a charred black chunk and it STILL WORKED but only still said some of it's more creepy remarks... and with a new tone in its voice... distorted by the burning... he still has it!... why would you keep it?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

furby's new remark, post-burning, should be, like the last thing Brad Pitt says in FIGHT CLUB..."What's that smell?...".

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Also more popular than evil furbies is dolls... dolls REALLY creep me out but i have never seen one watch me or anything... they are creepy but i dont believe any are evil...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think evil dolls are really just a hollywood thing

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I bought a Firby from Wal Mart with the intention of keeping it for thirty days. Slapping it around a bit all the while verbally abusing it. But the damn thing would wake me up at three in the morning wanting me to feed it. Needless to say I did not take advantage of WalMarts full 30 day grace period.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My sister began collecting these adorable little furbys from the first day she saw one, and collected probably well over 100 of them. They were all over her house, always chatting it up, her daughter was terrified of them, and had to come home from school everyday while her mom still worked till 6, and be alone in the house with all those chatty furbys, she would sit on the porch and only go into the house to go to the restroom. My sister gave up trying to convince her that they were just dolls, and placed them all in the basement , this is where her laundry room was too. One day my sister went down to put on a load of clothes to wash, and all the furbys started talking, and she swore she heard some of them saying 'I am Satan', it totally flipped her out. They buried all of the furbys that weekend.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

You jest!! There are so many things wrong with that story, I cannot even begin to resolve them all

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by youknowit
I think evil dolls are really just a hollywood thing

the reason for dolls to seem evil is because the doll is to the child as the child is to the parent...the parent is supposed is to be kind to the child and in return the child is supposed to love the parent...but intrinsically there must inevitably be some unkindness because the child is powerless...but the child can't much act out hate towards the parent directly, again because the child is powerless...so the child identifies with its oppressor, and plays the role of the cruel parent towards the helpless doll...so the doll holds all the stifled feelings of the hateful child...So when the evil doll attacks it's like a slave revolt in the holocaust of family life...the evil doll is the leader of the villagers with their pitchforks and torches as they storm Doctor Frankenstein's castle...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet One day my sister went down to put on a load of clothes to wash, and all the furbys started talking, and she swore she heard some of them saying 'I am Satan', it totally flipped her out. They buried all of the furbys that weekend.

This probobly is true... i looked into some of the evil things furby says every so often and stumbled upon some information about a shipment of over 1 million furbies that had (as they called it) "defective voice chips"... they said things like Die America, Eat Poison, Burn!, and of course "I Am Satan" the factory owner in china was attacked with a massive law suit and was forced to retire.....

this has also happend with oother toys ever so often like Baby Alive and stuff... so in your story the furbies are not evil China just wants to scare your sister!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Plus if they were demonic them being buried would not stop them! they would come out like zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

wakes up in middle of the night to find it on the end of his bed... it opens its eyes and hapily chirps, Firby Hungry!

that has to be the funniest thing ive heard. lol

i do have a story about them. my sister collected them and at one time she had 8. well this was right before i went into the military and used to stay all night partying and boozing it up. walking into my parents home turning on the hallway light and having 8 furbies at the same time go "bright light bright light hello" at 3 am while drunk...is a scary thing.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
LOL!!!

I would imagine so...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
uurgh... Those things always creep me out >:c

especially the eyes... the evil, lifeless dead staring eyes *shudders*

lol, some funny stories here +flag from me c:

[edit on 10-5-2008 by winchester_rayn]

new topics

top topics