It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wigi Boards... Fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Some people have started their channelling careers through the use of an Ouija board. One that springs to mind is Seth who was initially contacted by Jane Roberts through the ouija board but later through direct contact.

Spirit Channelling
In late 1963, Jane Roberts and her husband, Robert Butts, experimented with a Ouija board as part of Roberts' research for a book on ESP. According to Roberts and Butts, on December 2, 1963 they began to receive coherent messages from a personality who eventually identified himself as Seth. Soon after, Roberts reported that she was hearing the messages in her head. She began to dictate the messages instead of utilizing the Ouija board, and the board was eventually abandoned.

www.hauntedamericatours.com...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yeah right on Milton Bradley. Ouija boards are a trick of the mind. It's a fear control device. Your consciousness speaks for itself. Your channeling your energy into what you wish. And you fear what your afraid of. So in terms of the mind. You have full control of the spirit. My fears will never be harnessed by cardboard and plastic.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I own a Ouija Board (it even glows in the dark!) and have used it very few times. It could be taken that the 'movements' on the pointer are a super natural experience or a subconcious one.

I have friends that see it and immediately want to play with it.

It is NOT a game of checkers, it is a tool. Far from a toy if used properly.

Casual users have problems with the boards when they have no foresight of what they are going ask if they do open the door and rudely walk away from it without closing the door.

I read up quite a bit about the boards before I got mine. It is MOST important to greet your guest with RESPECT and to bid farewell with RESPECT. Not everything that can communicate through the board is neccesarily human or previously of flesh. DO NOT summon an entity to come speak with you if you are not conciderate enough to thank them for their time and offer a sincere farewell.

BEWARE of deception. People go crazy when using the boards because they put so much faith into them that they quit listening to themselves. An entity who may come through as friendly and forthright may possibly start lieing and become malicious. A clear head of what is what is a must.

It is for entertainment but it is not a toy. Treat the board itself with respect. Use it while SOBER.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wigi boards are typically made by Parker Brothers game company. The same makers of Monopoly. If you have hotels on board walk, do you really own real estate ???? It's just a game, nothing more...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by jfj123]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by youknowit

Actualy the board is nothing but a printed design glued onto a peice of cardboard by a company.

The mystic stories are a sales product to sell there boards and it has done well. Best thing to do is visit there plant and see them being made. The spoke element is mind generated and can be what ever you think.

Jim

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Not sure if it's real or not... I've been told by my parents not to mess with one. me and a friend tried it one time....i timed it just right, when i took my fingertips off the device, it was him moving it. Nothing ever happened though. However, I do believe there are things out there you do not want to stir up.
Since we're on the topic of stories....my mom told me a story about a "wigi" board. I remember begging and begging her to hear it, but she refused to tell me until I was a little older. Well, I'm 32 now, so I only remember bits and pieces about it. But here it goes.

First of all, my mother is a very religious woman. She went to a religious university in Indiana. While they were down there, someone came up with a "wigi" board. Can't remember is she partook (sp?) in the festivities or not. But her friends played one night, nothing was happening....so they put it away and went back to their rooms. They all woke up to violent screams in the hallway and the doors leading outside opening and slamming shut. They went to look outside and see what the heck was going on and she saw this big fiery hand dragging her friend over a hill to a lake not far away. One of her friends called the police and she and others ran after the girl. When they came up to her (this is the part I remember she get all flustered and really bothered and shaky), the girl looked like she was beaten up by a group of people. She had deep cuts, bruises, her head was split open, there was blood everywhere. The girl just laid there she said, not responding to anything. It didn't even look like she was in pain. Anyway, ambulance came and took her to the hospital. She was there for about a week healing.
Anyway, whether its real or not, its kind of chilling of the potential that that thing can bring.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't know if it's true but I'd like an explanation for it...I refuse to let a ouija board near my house now...back in college me and a friend used to do it...and we know each other well enough that neither of us were moving but it moved! I'll give u 2 examples of what it said that scared us..

1) we were sitting in her room and asking random dumb questions about guys we liked...when it started just circling and going nuts...it started spelling out words...it spelled out my cousins name and another name who we didn't know any one by...and it spelled car accident...so I called my cousin up who was in a different town and just casually asked what he was up to...and he said he was going to drop of ______ (the other name the board spelled)...well we just # our pants! I told him about it...he got paranoid and he quickly dropped his passenger off and went straight home...it's weird b/c neither me nor the girl with me had ever heard of this person he was with before

2) Same night...it started spelling out another word...over and over...and I couldn't figure it out...and all of a sudden my friend started crying...and I was all confused like what...she was all omg that's my brother's name (her brother had passed away years ago) -- that I guess could have been subconscious but it was just weird...and it kept saying that (assuming it was her brother) that he's there with her, he's watching over her and that he's happy...well that freaked her out

3) And another example ...we were joking around on it again with a bunch of other friends but me and the same girl had our hands on it but we wren't looking at it and it spelled out a bunch of stuff ...but our friends didn't tell us but said just wait and see if it happens on halloween...on halloween me and my friend stayed at another frineds house handing out candy while they wre in class and we got smashed ...and ended up needing babysitting from a male friend of ours...and by 9 we were passed out....supposedly my friends tell us that's what the board said...that we'd be getting drunk on halloween, too much so that a friend will end up helping take care of us that night and by 9 our fun should be over ....I know it coincidence maybe...

I don't want to believe it's real but alot of weird stuff like that happened that makes me think otherwise...although what we could never figure out was that we didn't even need a board for the marker to move...we tried it on carpet, floor, car dashboard and the marker would still move...like we had no control over it...to this day (6 years later) we both still ask each other if the other moved it b/c we just refuse to believe it could've been real.... that's my story

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh another few things I remembered ( I posted earlier with the examples)...we were always afraid to leave it mad...there were times it seemed like we had a bad spirit and everytime we'd try to say bye it refused to let us go and we were too scared to take our hands off...and so for 1/2 - 1 hour it would just do circles around the board and we'd have no choice to keep our hands on it...it would zoom to one side and stop instantly before it fell off the board and then zoom to the other side or it would just make circles over the alphabet...I'm going with that it was probably our subconscious...I hope...otherwise I'm scared...since then I'm a paranoid mess...I can't sleep in the dark, I have nightmares, I have sleep paralysis, wake up screaming, I jump at the slightest thing...so yeah I'm a mess now since my ouija board experiences

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i used to do it with my friend at school, we made our own with writing the letters and numbers on a piece of paper and using a pen to both hold onto and point. we used to talk to this spirit called Elf, he was 50 and a rapist, i dont know if i believe him but thats wat he told us thru the board. he said he would perve on us in the shower :S . to make sure my friend wasnt cheating i asked her to ask the board a question she didnt know. ( where was my best friends grandfather burried) she covered her eyes and only she was holding the pen. and the answer was correct!! it was a strange energy that would move our hands like it was controlling us. kinda fun in a way but i would never do it again and i would never do it in any ones home.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Either way though, i don't think its a healthy thing for people to contact dead spirits like their relatives- it is not good for the process of grieving and moving on, and i think psychics and similar such people who claim to be able to contact dead relatives for people are at the end of the playing a game that is cruel and for profit.

If you do believe that such a board can work though, then i warn you of this- i remember reading somewhere a long time ago (i can't remember which book it was for now) that demons sometimes pose as the dead spirits of people which relatives try to contact via the board, so that they can gain attention and thus energy and become more powerful. If this is true, then its a dangerous thing to do and should be avoided.
If the board works, then why would you want to use it knowing the dangers that surround it- why would you want to give energy to demons and whatnot?

But i really don't know if it works, although i don't particularly want to find out myself. Once when i was a student at boarding school, me and my flatmate and some other girls made a board to see if we could contact anything with it- the cup started moving and spelling things out though, and we all freaked out and stopped using it there and then and left it at that. As ever though, i can't say for sure if anyone was pushing the cup/pointer, so who knows if it was really "working".
But either way, regardless of whether its simply a matter of the unconscious mind being spoken, or whether it really is spirits and demons and whatnot contacting us from the other side, the board is not something i want to play a part of. I am happy in my life, i know my goals and aspirations, and i prefer to sort out my problems on my own or with the help of real living people- i don't need any magic/supernatural boards for me to find answers or fill in gaps in my life etc. Although i miss my dead father, i'd rather let him rest in peace- if an afterlife really exists, then someday i will meet him up there and tell him all about my life then

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Did he perhaps leave a window open in the room? Could a person or an animal, say a raccoon have crawled in the window to cause the damage?

It just sounds a little to convenient of a story while they were messing about with the ouija board.

Racoon hahahahah LMAO hahahahaha silly racoon caused so much damage....also could have been a crack head?

On a serious note, did the whole board thing nothing happened so i threw it over the fence into the neighbors yard...waste of time and money.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My story with a ouija board is like a million others so no reason to tell it, but I can only say this: leave them alone. We have no business trying to contact the dead or whatever/whoever is lurking on the other side. I think most of us have protection if we are dabbling with them and don't realize the possible aftermath but it can be dangerous.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There is no evidence they work the way people think they do. There is a bunch of evidence that points to them working through a phenomenon called the Ideomotor effect.

I'd wait for some hard evidence before assuming these things work, regardless of your own personal experience (as one's own experiences do not mean squat on the grand scheme of things, they can only act as a basis for a hypothesis, not the foundation of a theory).

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've been tempted lately to buy one, but have been hesistant. I know logically that they're nothing more than cardboard and paper, but the thought persists in the back of my mind that maybe they somehow act as a focal point for supernatural forces.

I seem to naturally attract things like ghosts, and the few experiences I've had with them scared the crap out of me! But for some insane reason, I'd still would like to know if ouija boards really work..

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I've been tempted lately to buy one, but have been hesistant. I know logically that they're nothing more than cardboard and paper, but the thought persists in the back of my mind that maybe they somehow act as a focal point for supernatural forces.

I seem to naturally attract things like ghosts, and the few experiences I've had with them scared the crap out of me! But for some insane reason, I'd still would like to know if ouija boards really work..

Lloyd they really work, don't take my word for it, consider that millions of people have had experiences with it, and a lot of them regret it. I bought one when I was about 24 years old and my sister and I used it, and got more than my money's worth. But that was 26 yrs ago and I don't think I had ever heard about them possibly being dangerous in those days, if I had I don't think I would have bought it. I thought it was just a toy but it's not.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My sister and I were so caught up in it that we were really freaking out, and somehow we found the phone number to the Edgar Cayce Center in Virginia. I can't remember what we were going to ask them, but whoever I talked told me to get rid of it immediately, to cut it up and dispose of it, and he was very serious about it. He knew him telling me that scared me so he wouldn't go into very many details about it, but I got rid of it pronto. Some crazy stuff happened while playing with that. It isn't worth the risk.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

It sounds like you've had a couple of bad experiences with Ouija boards. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind. It's not like life isn't hard enough without inviting disaster on yourself.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is not bad if you know what you are doing. There are certain things you need to do so that you do not encounter this bad spirits as you call them. The reason you hear bad stories about this it is because of the mis-use of this boards.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I see that inspite of some very rational answers to questions here that persistent ignorance still abounds. I ask you, why do you cling to this willful ignorance? You ask a question then insist that your way is the way it is. Why are you doing this when those of us who are educated on the matter are telling you otherwise?

Repeat!! There is no inherent power in the paper and plastic.

Alll phenomena are the result of your very own mind!

Humans are all naturally split minded, having a conscious mind that is aware of a limited amount of information and a subconscious mind that is aware of everything, and contains all the memories of everthing that you have ever experienced, and everthing that has ever happened around you. It is also connected to all other minds, and this is the reason you can get info from other people in the room, and some that are not in the room.

The split mind also has all the elements of both evil and good. It is your will and your choice to entertain either one of them. Your choice is what creates your life's experiences. Thoughts and images that you continuously dwell upon become real.

If you get evil, it is because you are thinking negative, evil thoughts.
You should become aware of your own thought processes.
If you were to just sit in silence and close your eyes, you would see/hear the same evil or whatever "messages" you would get from any tool such as the ouija board. If you use a board for any length of time you will notice that you get the message before it is even spelled out.

Instead of inviting the evil in you and around you to surface by asking such a stupid question as, "are you satan", why dont you ask if you are in contact with your "guardian angel"? If you get a "no", tell it to go away.

The beginning of the "ouija" experience can be highly entertaining. Don't take what it says too seriously. It can spout a lot of total nonsense.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by OhZone]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Yeah but the whole problem is that most people who play with them are young and have no idea what they are getting into. Kids don't know what kind of entities they could be letting into their home. I don't know what good they could ever do, because even if you seemingly have a good spirit communicating, you don't know that it isn't a wolf in sheep clothing just telling you nice things then all hell breaks loose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join