It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cointel Pro within ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

I agree 1000% Dave:

They will have to drag my FREEDOM OF SPEECH from my cold, clammy dead hands. Too many soldiers paid the ultimate price to give me that right.... and no one is ever going to take it away from me.

I'm glad i'm not the only one that just doesn't give a crap who reads what I write. This isn't their site because by my freedom to speak as I please, I've made it my own. (Yes, civility and a few things are up front in the rules here, but they're just common sense rules, and the only speech they stifle are those who lack a way to express themselves without being rude.)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
All this BS so infuriates me..... I am going to do a rant on this on the next ATS MIX show!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Is ats a cointelpro ally?
Answer:No, sometimes they encounter (sensitIve materials) however. The relationships they built are from fundamentals not inspirational derivatives.

Does ATS GET ATTENTION FROM GOVERNMENT?
ANSWER:Yes, only when they talk about species evolution..

Why?CERTAIN EXPERIMENTS HAD ARRIVED FROM GOVERNMENT PROJECTS. Surgically or genetically altering the makeup of a human. To meet space travel outside our solar system for surveying purposes.

Note to self leave species evolution out of topics.

Not lets push into the next avenue.
MOST LIKELY SENDING CLONES INTO DEEP SPACE.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I really don't understand why people are making such a big deal about the possibility ATS is being bought or run by some counter intelligence program for the government. I personally don't think that is true but even if it was how would it change anything?? Almost everything posted on ATS is by members. As long as you are posting within the rules you agreed to when joining there is nothing ATS can do to you. If ATS was in the habit of destroying threads and banning members for no violation they would only be hurting themselves.

I do however think that it is possible that people within the government visit this website and might even be members who post. Does this make ATS bad?? Not really, in fact I would say it makes debate and discussions even better. Who better to go up against then one of the people from the inside. They are just going to make you work that much harder for "real" proof and if you are up for the challenge might even work out better in the end.

I can think for myself (as I am sure many of you can) and if there are government lackeys spouting off disinformation and trying to sway me then good luck to them. I'm not going to worry about it.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
While I do not believe ATS is involved in COINTELPRO the reality is many members are.... just like any other conspiracy site or 911truth site.. Even if ATS is owned by the goverment does it really matter? If I were you don't worry about it Just don't engage in any forum that speaks about a revolution.. thats bad news.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think one of the things that unites all of us, also can sometimes divide us: paranoia.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I dont think ATS is any more than what it seems to be....

As have been said earlier, the content on ATS is user generated, and as such, we the users are responsible for what we post on here.

SO, Springer and Simon probably have their own conclusion and feelings about much that we, the users post on here, but what i have seen during my short time here is that they do not actively participate to influence threads in one way or other.

I dont think that any government that is interested in spreading disinformation on here would contact the owners of this place to be allowed to do, either by bribing them or threathing them.
They would just register users accounts, and use them freely to spread any information they want.
And by so contributing to this place, perhaps not in the way we would want the government to do so.

Could ATS be sharing disinformation? Yes, very probable, since all information on here is user generated.

Do the owners of this site have their own agenda? Ofcourse, they want to make money, to keep this place alive and to be able to generate other sources for us users here to use.

I have to thank the people behind this place, the mods, SME's, CM's, And the owners for creating this great place for us, and also that they make it work as smoothly as it does!
Thank you very much, keep up the good work!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hey, folks. ANYTHING is possible. I notice that this topic pops up on ATS every four to five months. It's good that you question what you see and read on ATS, but you'll need to be careful about assigning motive. As the hard questions. Insist that people show their homework, and look at the sources yourself on your own time.

Good citizenship really isha rd. It means being observant so that you can spot the fakers and the trouble makers. It also means being dilligent, which menas thinking for yourself and doing your own homework.

The "good" provacateurs always start out sounding very authoritative. Some are event passionate. In the end, they betray themselves by their motives, which means their intent. We see people on ATS all the time who just wanna yank your chain.

SkepticOverlord himself has mentioned all of this at least six times since I've been here. You've gotta have your B.S. filter set to "high" when you come ti sites like this. You've got to think, and do it on your own terms. Say what you mean. Mean what you say.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Do you know what is funny? The origional poster TheDuckster did not say that she bought into the whole ATS/ConIntelPro conspiracy. What she did was to open up this thread to discuss this topic in a meaningfull and adult manner.

Which is why this thread is still open. Because as a membership we can discuss this issue as adults and garnier much needed wisdom about the matter.

Frankly I don't think the management of this site has anything to do with any alphebet XYZ agency. I really don't

What does suprise me is the fact that they would deny such rediculous accusations. I mean seriously if it were me I would care less. But they choose to defend themselves and in doing so they have time and time again adressed this issue with the members of this site.

So in the course of meaningful and enlightining dialogue in an adult manner I have one thing to say

And NGC2736...
S.O. isn't Dick Cheneys cousin, I proved beyond a shaddow of a doubt that he played Darth Vader shesh!

Sorry, anyway so that everyone is clear TheDuckster just wanted to bring this issue to light for herself (without researching the dozens of other threads where this bunk was already disproven) and ask in a sane and reasonable way if what she read had any iota of credence. Which it doesnt.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SUNRAY06
For those of you with time and inclination unless you have access to the IP logs or the server side logs of the people who connect and post here how are you going to know for sure.

We don't keep such logs, and haven't for over three years.

No server logs for the web server? Is it in a database instead? How could an IP ban be performed without knowledge from the connection? Something is being recorded even if for trouble shooting, isn't it.

It was good to see the original question posed answered with a 'NO' from an owner.

edit: add left out 'isn't it'

[edit on 5/10/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My site is a lot smaller than this and I know for a fact I've got half a dozen government agents, CIA, DIA, NSA, on it, so I'm sure that they are here as well, not so much from a control as an information gathering perspective, and not just ATS, they're everywhere.

However, I read somewhere that ATS is owned by Bob Bigelow? Is this true?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
First of all, the OP made some good points so I don't understand why he is taking so much heat. The fact that everyone is quick to call him crazy is suspicious in itself! The way John Lear, Zorgon and others got treated is also very suspicious. Why are they not posting here anymore?

Frankly, I don't know who controls 'The Above Network, LLC.' but it could very well be a cia front company. In fact, I would be somewhat suprised if it wasn't. I think all(or at least the majority) of conspiracy discussion forums are either owned/controlled or deeply infiltrated with COINTELPRO agents. Its almost pointless to post any topic as the same trolls never fail to derail the thread, call you delusional and you'll be lucky if you don't get banned in the process of trying to defend your opinion. Thats the reason I seldom start any topics.

Thats my opinion. Sorry if I offend anyone but as the mafia says...nothing personal dude...just business.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

HEAD OF C.I.A in Colorado Springs, and F.b.I in Phoenix Arizona, these places must hold some type of power for them to be so well inhabited by intelligence.

These are areas I would be wondering what kind of stories have popped out from?

"I want a lock on everybodies location and I want it now damnit"

Where is DIA, CSA AND OTHERS LOCATED, NOW THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING IF WE COULD HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION PROFILING SOME OF THESE POSTERS FROM A.T.S ?

ATS should start there own intelligence agency cracking down on the spies.

Mods or management you should unleash some of the REAL DEAL CASE FILES, that you know to be vaild on ATS.

That would be sweet.

I am all for ATS you know that.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Monitored...most likely. Infiltrated...doubtfull. The program to start message boards can be had for free. I am an administrator to two other boards and no one visits me to tell me how to run them. Except for major offenses of TOS you can post darn near anything that you can imagine here. For this many people to come to one place to interact in the manner they do without worry is a true virue of the freedom we REALY have. The only reason they moniotr sites like this and others is to see if anything really important is being said that might be really top secret.

I had a friend once that loved to write. In 8th grade he wrote a story he totaly made up about Fort Knox an its defenses. He submitted it to our teacher at the time. Just so happens this teacher was stationed at Fort Knox when he was in the service. This friend came so close to the actual defense system in place that the teacher had to notify the Army. They showed up at the school and questioned John for about two hours. In a very nice way ,by the way. No intimidation or threats, John explained how he thought it up and they agreed that it was hapenstance not a leak. The same thing could happen here. It might be a good thing not nefarious!
Zindo

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
2 Years ago I made reference to ATS in a show and called ATS "Disneyland For Nuts. It was a comedic tongue in cheek comment which I have retrieved from time to time on interviews, etc. but adding that it is a site that has grown on me, consumed my passion and has introduced me, IMEO, to some of the smartest, most intelligent folks around the world which a number of them, I am proud to call my friends. Does ATS have it's share of idiots, lunes, whack-o's and every alphabet agency known to mankind? Yes. But as sure as I am of that, I'm equally sure that Washington DC's nuts, whack-o's and lunes IN OFFICE far outweigh what we call home here.

Agent X over the past months has shared with the ATS MIX audience the actual numbers of SPOOKS that visit here on a monthly basis. As Carol Ann would say THEY'RE HERE!. But do they have a damn thing to do with what transpires from a management standpoint which includes the Amigos (BOB WHO?) and the moderator staff. Not only NO, but HELL NO!.

So the question was asked "why respond?" I can't answer for the others.... but for me I refuse to have my home here at ATS be lied about in any way shape form or fashion. As someone much smarter than me said one time......

Either LEAD, FOLLOW or GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY! I refuse to be silent when BS is thrown around in our house.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Dude...Have you listened to ANY of our ATS MIX podcasts? Have you paid attention to ANY of SkepticOverlord's or my threads and podcasts where we OUTLINE the FACT every Intel Agency on the planet is READING AboveTopSecret.com?!

Doh! Why wouldn't they?!

Gad...

What floors us about this particular, weekly question/accusation about whether or not we've sold out to the CIA/FBI/NSA/DIA, etc... is the person who started this thread... she MET US ALL, in PERSON, in NYC at the Media Event that we risked EVERYTHING to put on so the MEMBERSHIP'S ideas (NOT OUR ideas, mind you, but the MEMBERSHIP'S ideas) had a better chance of getting MORE ATTENTION.

I understand someone who has no clue, wondering about this this but PLEASE...

Seriously, this is beyond rude, this is beyond ignorant and beyond patience.

It's TRUE, no matter WHAT WE DO it's never enough, no matter how open and up front we are it's not enough.

No matter... We will continue to run The Above Network, LLC in an honest and open manner anyway, those with the intelligence to see it for what it is will GET IT and the rest? Well...

Springer...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nookster

I sometimes wonder if they think we are all crazy why do they bother posting on such sites? It sounds so absurd it hardly makes any sense to me.

If you go to the ufo board you see: 'I wanna believe but...I just can't'
You ask them why not and they say: your sources are not credible.

Billy meier is a "stooge", Mr. Greer is a "fraud"...yada, yada, yada.

You give them pictures but they are always "photoshopped". You give them a video but its always "out of focus lanterns or ballons".

You tell them a story...its always a "hoax".

You show them some moon pictures but all they see are "rocks" and "craters".

They want the truth but its never good enough for them. They always find a few "flaws" somewhere. I guess if you don't want to believe you will come up with a million excuses.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Im probably very much late for this, but he asked a question. He wasnt insulting about it, and since John Lears stirred things up here at ATS thanks to his 4 hour interview which drove everyone here mad with ideas of ATS being a front for the CIA and what not, I think its a fair question, not that if ATS was a CIA...what did He call it? a Collection point? why would they ever admit it?
Skeptic, you energize all of us to ASK questions, to DENY ignorance... how can YOU possibly ask him? So what he was in NYC, maybe he was inclined to ask questions after the LARGE posting over at the Lear Thread. Maybe its a long shot, but I think we've been known to dabble in longshots from time to time.

More to the point its probably been answered by now but i wanted to make my feelings known about it.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Dude...Have you listened to ANY of our ATS MIX podcasts?

Oh yeah, most of them.

I especially liked the James Gilliland one

Have you paid attention to ANY of SkepticOverlord's or my threads and podcasts where we OUTLINE the FACT every Intel Agency on the planet is READING AboveTopSecret.com?!

Doh! Why wouldn't they?!

Gad...

Of course they are, I totally agree with you. (And am not quite sure why you're shouting at me?
)

And not just reading it, but posting on it, too! A lot!!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Decided this one can wait.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by kthulu]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join