It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cointel Pro within ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Doubt totally that it is owned or controlled by CIA, NSA, alphabet - would be counter productive - like most of these sites it would be well monitored with the odd disinformation or propganda - of this there can be no doubt - nor would there be any way of the owners / operators to know.

I have done extensive research into Government psyops and propaganda using companies such as hills and knowlton, rendon, all stemming from edward Bernays and Lippman - and do not think for a second that there is a massive campaign being waged for your hearts and minds through extremely nefarious sources - however it would be utterly counter productive to OWN a site like this. It would be totally obvious and fail immediately.

The amount of psyops done on this site should be immediately apparent through the quantity of counter information put forward regarding Israel and the Bush asministrations activites in the middle east when any free thinking - realistic individual knows how the truth of the situation.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Be mindful of the fact that this site mainly features user generated content, within the T&C which cover civility and decorum. As such, it wouldnt even matter who is or is not behind ATS. The content is determined by you and me.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi Ducky,

It takes a lot of courage to post a thread like this. Even though in your heart you are trying to protect ATS and it's members, it will be seen as an attack by those who do not have the eyes to see the same worrisome incidents as you do. I am so glad to find out you are female. I really do believe that women are far more intuitive about things like this than men.

Every member here has the right to question any involvement of ATS with the Government. With Bush's new Presidential Directives that say that any type of activism is a form of terrorism... and seeing that it will probably be a post made on this site that will put the nail in our coffin if Martial Law is imposed... yes, we should have every right to question Management about any and all collusion with Govt Agencies. I am sure S.O. and Springer have answered this question so many times that they are sick of it, but I am also sure that they realize that if the members feel they are not safe and protected here, they will not post. The truth is that anywhere you post could get you added to a Gov list, but ATS is the only place I post such statements... so hence my worry about ATS.

Oddly enough, it was the Secret Societies forum and the Masons that first set off my radar to the thought that ATS could be involved with COINTEL propaganda, and still does. I just avoid the entire Secret Societies area now because it is too highly suspect for me.

While we are on the topic of bad stuff that happens because of being a member of ATS... has anybody else noticed an increase of spam since they signed up for the DIGG and Twitter sites? I traced mine back to DIGG. Even though in the preferences I had made the selection to not show any of my personal information... they were posting my real name, age, sex, email addy, and location to the whole world. Double check your settings on that site... I just erased everything and will not use that site ever again. I also got rid of Twitter just in case it was an personal information collection site also.

Also, do not forget that there are many who read the the posts here on ATS that are not members. Because of a recent John Lear post I made, combined with my email being available on the DIGG site... I got email from people I had never even known. Luckily most of it was supportive (the bulk of the negative stuff coming from ATS members - and I totally understand where they are coming from), but it really woke me up to the reality that ATS is very far reaching, and that not everyone who reads your post is a member. Add to the fact that I can not remove info from my profile page for some reason... be careful what you post! There are some very strange people out there in cyber-land. Knowing what I do now... I wish there was a way I could go back and edit some posts where I revealed a little too much about myself or circumstances.

Good luck with your quest Ducky.... and be careful out there. To thine ownself be true.
yr

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUNRAY06
For those of you with time and inclination unless you have access to the IP logs or the server side logs of the people who connect and post here how are you going to know for sure.

We don't keep such logs, and haven't for over three years.

Originally posted by cornixman
Sorry if this sounds pedantic Mr Overlord but I fail to see any vicous lies, how can a question or a doubt be a lie?

In the opening post...

Originally posted by TheDuckster
...read ALOT of stuff that was so 'against ATS...
I want to know the truth.
What about?
"Was ATS approached by guverment intel of any sorts/bought out?

Clearly, the thread author has been spending some time reading the high volume of off-site lies and fabrications about me, our business concept, and our labor-of-love, AboveTopSecret.com. It's out there, and not hard to find. It ranges from horribly nasty lies about me, Simon, and Springer; to libelous flights of fancy about who we really might be.

I'm shocked and saddened by the implications and questions of the opening post because the author was invited to be part of our grand "Revolution Party" on November 5th, 2007 where we revealed our ambitious plan to use ATS as the catalyst to build a new kind of media company, where the users have total control. At the time, she seemed to be genuinely proud to be a part of ATS and participate in where its going... and met all of us and spent time understanding our passion and motivations.

It seems no matter what we do, no matter what personal risk we take in making this happen, there are those who would desire to believe the worst.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh I dont know. I don't think that this site has anything to do with any alphebet soup agency. But here is the real dish about it.

EVERY SINGLE POST YOU POST IS AVAILABLE FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO VIEW!

Yessiree thats right. Every post you make is easily available for the government to look at and read. Also it's quite possible that the government has several people imbeded as members of this site for the espressed perpose of being conintelpro agents.

Who they are? I don't know.

Does site management know? I doubt it. (I mean they probably are aware of the possibility of agents being members. But I doubt seriously they have been contacted by any government agency or are government agents themselves)

But remember this is a public forum, and as such anyone including government agencies can and do view topics on this board.

And dang nabit how come I never know when theres a spify meeting somewhere where the amigos are at? I would love to go!

[edit on 5/10/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Oh joy...here we go again....

But it's time...the consistency with which this gets brought up again by people who think they are plowing new ground is amazing.

wtf-ever.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Valhall]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have noticed that when I post on ATS about what is happening to me in my life I am met with much disbelief and responses from what I would call disinformation agents. I have been called delusional and when I respond and say that I have found others who experience the same thing as I do, then the disinformation agent will then call me and the others who I network with all religious wackos.

I am person who has become a target of organized stalking/harassment and when I mention this on a site like this, I immediately am faced with the responses from the peanut gallery that I must be delusional.

I do not believe that ATS is involved in COINTELPRO, but I do believe that agents who use CIONTELPRO tactics are on forums like this and their job is to create as much doubt as possible about the person who is making a claim such as I do and also to discredit that individual in the eyes/readers of all who view a thread.

I consider it a challenge when I run up against such a disinformation agent and I have successfully caused them to shut up and move onto the next target.
I consider it a game of skills and I treat much of my life as a game that was forced upon me...a game where I win the battles. If all the perps in my life disappeared I would be very sad as I like the excitement that they create for me. They turned my dull boring life into a exciting reality game where delusional spies/agents constantly interact with me in some kind of bizarre or negative way. I find it quite entertaining and they make me laugh out loud.

Disinformation agents are all over the internet, get used to it and have fun with it...that is what I do.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Do some research on the source of the allegations with the same due dilligence and everything will fall into place.

Do alphabet agencies visit here? Of course. Do they possibly create accounts for Disinfo purposes or other reasons? Probably. Are They and ATS collaborating? Absolutely not in my opinion.

Please look into the Cointelpro claim originator's background. Where are they now, and why?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Look, ATS is one of the biggest sources, if not THE biggest source, of classified, sensitive information on the whole Internet. Information about the IllumiNazis and their absolute top-level agendas, information about the ET presence at Earth.......

It would be absolutely foolish to think that ATS isn't being watched VERY closely by counter-intelligence people.

It would be absolutely foolish to think that it's perfectly safe to participate here.

Of course ATS is infiltrated by counter-intelligence people - not a very difficult thing to do when it's free and anonymous to sign up

As for whether the staff themselves are compromised - they'd never in a million years admit to such a thing if they were........

I personally don't think they are, but I also think it would be very foolish for THEM to assume they aren't being watched very closely - especially when they have a whole bunch of sensitive government documents sitting in a vault

You guys are walking on some seriously thin eggshells....... be careful!!!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
You guys are walking on some seriously thin eggshells....... be careful!!!

?!? Reeheeheeheeley? Im pretty good at walking on eggshells. kinda a hobby of mine. You live in a house with two women and a 5 year old and see what walking on eggshells is like

I mean seriously? The credibility of most of the posters here (especialy me) is wanting. In my opinion there are right now only two threads that I have seen that would warrant the government looking into.

Now heres the issue. The ones that created these threads have posted them in a very public place. That being said these posters are probably under watch but theres not a whole lot the government is going to do about it. They really can't The sudden disaperance of these posters would be a serious red flag to the membership of ATS.

Because these two posters are regular posters that frequent this site daily so a disaperance of these two would be odd.

The worst thing one can say with information is (I haven't told anyone) Heck thats a death sentance right there. The proper response is (I have told EVERYONE and they KNOW where I AM!)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
?!? Reeheeheeheeley? Im pretty good at walking on eggshells. kinda a hobby of mine. You live in a house with two women and a 5 year old and see what walking on eggshells is like

I mean seriously?

Yes, seriously. Information is dangerous business. You don't want to believe people get threatened and killed over information? Fine, it's your loss

The credibility of most of the posters here (especialy me) is wanting. In my opinion there are right now only two threads that I have seen that would warrant the government looking into.

Now heres the issue. The ones that created these threads have posted them in a very public place. That being said these posters are probably under watch but theres not a whole lot the government is going to do about it. They really can't The sudden disaperance of these posters would be a serious red flag to the membership of ATS.

Because these two posters are regular posters that frequent this site daily so a disaperance of these two would be odd.

Right, going around arranging for ATS members to have "terrible accidents" or "suddenly snap and commit suicide" would be too conspicuous - so instead they are just heavily debunked, all the time.

The worst thing one can say with information is (I haven't told anyone) Heck thats a death sentance right there. The proper response is (I have told EVERYONE and they KNOW where I AM!)

Right, and the same concept applies to HARD DATA.

Sitting on it is DANGEROUS

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Personally, I haven't been here long enough to lay claims about threads like this appearing over and over. I suppose on theoretical level i would expect no less.

I am somewhat dismayed at some of the negativity with which his comments were met. This environment, if meant to be anything other than mental masturbations, must be capable of greeting any kind of skepticism with enough respect to allow it to be fully vented.

I think it's safe to assume that some of you out there agree that the opportunity to exchange ideas and what limited 'evidence' we have to share is not exactly 'forthcoming' on the internet at this moment. The owners of this site may or may not have at one time exposed their 'members' to intelligence analysis of an 'unwelcome' order, but that potentiality existed both then and now, despite their intentions. After all, this is the internet, and given enough resources and time, anyone could develop posting profiles on everyone here; and most of us know the 'anonymity' factor is at the very end of the technology rainbow.

It appeared to me that this website - intentionally or not - created opportunities to engage in the collation and analysis of information that we can take advantage of ourselves. Let's face it, if we wait for the media and those traditionally responsible to 'put two and two together' we could be waiting until the end of time.

Whether the site owners have engaged in efforts to 'protect' us is a matter of trust, (no offense SO, but reality is what it is.) There is a possibility that they too are more than just 'commercially' interested in the venture, but that is neither necessarily noble nor malicious. Someday I'll drive into the city and perhaps be fortunate enough to meet with them or their staff. But even then I know that they have as little reason to accept my sincerity as I have theirs.

Eventually the 'leap of faith' must be taken that there are somethings in this world that are worth fighting for, there is still some reason to hold on to hope for the sake of what's good and positive. Discussing on a thread whether this brainchild of the owner's is a tool for such an and is sort of empty. What will make it so is us, not them. Of course since they participate as well I think it's up to them too, but frankly, they don;t have to participate if they don't want to, and neither do we.

Those inclined to distrust sites such as these should simply restrict their activities accordingly. I will not, trust or otherwise. I cannot lay claim to acts of patriotic heroism fighting 'the man' and I do not have the freedom to risk my future to that end for I have people who must depend on me. But that doesn't mean I have to 'shut up and lie down.' If all I can do is talk, then talk I will, and I will continue until time or circumstance silences me. My freedom to express dissent exists in my personal 'reality' whether big brother likes it or not. This is my person, my thoughts, and my life. So here I have found a place where some will kindly tolerate my rantings and ravings about the mis-steps that surround our lives. I will not abandon it for fear of the very thing I am speaking out against.

Obviously, I don't think we should necessarily throw up our hands in surrender. What's the big secret? So COINTELPRO thinks it can 'use' the contents of this website, GOOD, maybe two or three of their people may start to see what we see... Maybe the governments own tools will begin to 'question' their own participation, and the truth as to whom they serve.

I don't participate here because I particularly love my own writing style or think that it validates my own ideas. I won't admit details now, but my mind has been changed on certain issues because of this sites discussion threads. And to me, that's worth the risk; because if there is one thing I do not wish to risk, it the possibility that 'I never knew' could contribute to sufferings of others - as of late 'I never knew' is an increasingly common denominator when addressing the people in our lives.

TheDuckster has made a claim to have recently encountered much anti-ATS material. Evidently it was enough to prompt the creation of a thread which I suspect has not been exactly a 'friendly' experience. Please share your sources, I am vane enough to believe I am ready to analyze and dissect any line of reasoning. I will identify it's axioms and premises and determine if their objections to this site are ideological (which I suspect they usually are) or otherwise (which is not outside of the realm of possibility).

Rather than run from the possibility, I would run towards the challenge. I need to know, and I think we all want to know, if there is any party who is motivated to discredit or mar the dream that at least I (hopefully 'we') have about what we as a group of concerned people can accomplish for everyone out there who simply are lost in episodes of American Idol, or too in love with the talking heads to question the reality they seem to embrace.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Look, I live in backwoods town in the very middle of rural America. I was asked to join the staff here a few months back, and there were NO secret oaths to the Illuminatti, NO ritual sacrifices (Though I did have a few ritual beers toasting the promotion.:roll
And no government agents have been around inquiring about me. (And trust me, in a town of 720 people where I really do know everyone, I would hear about any inquiry.)

Owned/run by the CIA? I don't think so. Any agency that set up such a site would ruin it by trying to direct things too much. And despite what some of the more paranoid members think, all we mods go by are the T&C rules and whatever common sense we can muster up. (I'm sometimes lacking in this area at three in the morning while suffering from insomnia.)

I speak my mind on any subject that comes up. Not because I don't think anybody from the XYZ agencies are reading, but because I do think so. I refuse to be intimidated by some bugaboo outfit monitoring this place. It's about as close as I can come to yelling across the fence at 1600 Penn. Ave.

It's not the actual "something" being done that is used to control people, it's the fear of the "something" that is used. As long as there are enough people worried about some government agency taking action, then control is maintained for the many. When you loosen up and say in your heart, "I prefer truth, with all it's risks, to stupidity with all of it's false safety", you gain a new sense of freedom.

I could care less that SO might be Dick Cheney's cousin, (just family reseblence there SO.
), or that there are very likely agents of one flavor or another running around. If I and enough other people shout about the truth here, all "they" can do is report it to their bosses and try to find a way to counter it. Once the words are out there, doing something to the person saying them is not worth the effort.

As a matter of fact, I'm glad there are agents browsing here. They're only human, so they're not immune to catching the bug and desiring truth. We may be subverting "them" from the inside. Hell, I bet they come here to learn what other secretive agencies are doing, as all of them like to keep secrets from each other as much as they do from the general public.

Are we being watched? I have no doubt of it. Do I give a rat's patootie? Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I could care less that SO might be Dick Cheney's cousin, (just family reseblence there SO.
)

Oh man! That's just rude!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

A perfect test, really. If he was running XYZ agency operations here, he would now have me...

Wait aminute, somebody is pounding on the door.

I'll finish this when

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornixman
Sorry if this sounds pedantic Mr Overlord but I fail to see any vicous lies, how can a question or a doubt be a lie?

In the opening post...

Originally posted by TheDuckster
...read ALOT of stuff that was so 'against ATS...
I want to know the truth.
What about?
"Was ATS approached by guverment intel of any sorts/bought out?

Clearly, the thread author has been spending some time reading the high volume of off-site lies and fabrications about me, our business concept, and our labor-of-love, AboveTopSecret.com. It's out there, and not hard to find. It ranges from horribly nasty lies about me, Simon, and Springer; to libelous flights of fancy about who we really might be.

I stand by what I said Mr Overlord, there were no vicious lies in the OP's post about anyone, just a question.

I'm not saying that ATS has knowledge of infiltration but I don't think the OP deserves any stick for posting how she feels if she herself has made no accusations. The fact that she shook your hand 6 months or so ago shouldn't mean that she is never allowed to have doubts about ATS ever again.

Sounds reasonable to me but then again what do I know?

[edit on 10-5-2008 by cornixman]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Look, I live in backwoods town in the very middle of rural America. I was asked to join the staff here a few months back, and there were NO secret oaths to the Illuminatti, NO ritual sacrifices

ROFL, just because the IllumiNazis haven't been "initiating" the staff doesn't mean they aren't watching them

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
you guys drive me crazy...... does FREEDOM OF SPEECH ring a bell with any of you? In the last two years I have read, applauded, put on the ATS MIX shows..... hundreds of member threads and topics ranging from religion, sexual preference, hemp ropes, abductions, aliens, UFOs, 911, soul catchers, cattle mutilations, underground cities in the USA, presidential candidates, secret agents and on and on and on.

This BS about the possibility of the LETTER BOYS running the show here is absurd and ridiculous. I am friends with the Amigos and not one time have they told me or my partner Johnny that we couldn't do a show about any subject that was on the site (and yes, we have done one or two on the Masons..... and added a bit of humor to boot)..... so, again, this BS notion that some mystical entity is telling us what to do is, just that, BS. Jesus (pronounced HEY ZEUS)... Johnny and I even ask Skeptic in his weekly ATS MIX show segments, controversial qustions from banned members AND he ANSWERS THEM. Not one time did Bill ever say "Let's not do that one".

I too have seen all the BS that is on other sites and by folks that were friends of mine. Now here's the thing. There is stuff on ATS right now that IF we were controlled by the LETTER BOYS all of that stuff would be killed immediately because it would not conform to a perceived mission, which is to DENY FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

I chose ATS back in 2006 because I was blown away by the intelligence of the community and the topics. I still am today. But I have strong issues with this nagging BS that just never seems to go away and the stubbornness of those that believe this Co-Intel crap.

Sorry, I am not a patient person, especially when it comes to stupidity amongst intelligent people that I respect and admire...... but I have long since believed that topics like this are a waste of human resources, because the bottom line.....

Those that believe it...... STILL WILL.

And.....

Those that don't...... STILL WON'T.

Personally.... I'd rather go see Iron Man again.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

DR, no disrespect intended to you or any of the rest of the staff.... I can't speak for others but I personally am just trying to make a distinction between counterintelligence spooks owning and running ATS, and counterintelligence spooks infiltrating and monitoring ATS.

Mark my words, everything that happens here is watched..... exact same thing with the Disclosure Project and Project Camelot and all other sites that "make big waves".

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

DR, no disrespect intended to you or any of the rest of the staff.... I can't speak for others but I personally am just trying to make a distinction between counterintelligence spooks owning and running ATS, and counterintelligence spooks infiltrating and monitoring ATS.

Mark my words, everything that happens here is watched..... exact same thing with the Disclosure Project and Project Camelot and all other sites that "make big waves".

You are preaching to the choir..... as controversial and outspoken as I have been in the last 2 years on the internet... you can bet your sweet bippy they have a file on me. But here's the deal..... I don't give a rat's ass.... I'm not going to stop saying how I feel on subjects or threads or comment on the idiots in the government and the decisions that they make on a second to second basis. They will have to drag my FREEDOM OF SPEECH from my cold, clammy dead hands. Too many soldiers paid the ultimate price to give me that right.... and no one is ever going to take it away from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join