It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cointel Pro within ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Duckster has been a great contributor to this site for some time.

For whatever reasons she is feeling what she is feeling I am sure it can be worked out with some time and some talk.

I do understand that alot of these threads have been cooking of late and I understand the reluctance to "go there again", but I respect this woman and I hope her concerns can be worked out so once again she will feel comfortable and part of this community.

Geez, she misspelled a word, get off of it, how many times have each of us missed a bad spelling???

Duckster, I hope you find the peace with the site you need. I felt similar to you not oh so long ago, I have since decided to let those feelings go and move on and I don't regret it or feel that I am going against my heart or instincts on this one.

Remember that some of the things that make you wonder are being put out there by some folks who have bad feeling here because of personal issues and breaking the rules. It is not a perfect world and alot of the banned folks really insulted the main staff here in some inappropriate ways.

Some of my friends have also been banned for some things that seemed not so important yet are clearly stated in the T&C as no no's amd I am sorry that they aren't still around. If I owned the website alot of folks would be gone!!! Really they are more tolerant here than my soft hearted self would be when it comes right down to it.

I hope you decide to stay and get the benefit from the membership that I myself have choosen to dwell on instead of the possibilities of something being awry. Like Mr.Wuppy said, always ask questions it is a strength not a weakness, just don't bite the hand that feeds you too hard!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So then... why on earth do you give any credence to the viscous lies about us?

Technically, I didn't give credence to anything Sir. I bascially just created a thread, to which certain matters played prevellence.

~Ducky~

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hi Ducky glad to see you back. You were sure lucky to meet S.O. and the gang in New York.
I don't believe any of them could be bought out. If that's considered brown-nosing than so be it. It just that I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

ThankYOU so kindly for your words! Very much appreciated!

just don't bite the hand that feeds you too hard!!!

I don't. And have a GREAT RESPECT for this site.

~Ducky~

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wow so the rest of us who weren't placating your paranoia are ignored? You disappoint me Duckster. Are you simply a "look at me...I don't get enough attention" sympathy hound.?

I sure hope you find peace and come to grips with the thought that ATS is out to get you and employing guverment agents lol.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm very new and very young compared with most of you.

Yes, I spend a lot of time on line because I'm alone a lot.

Every issue on these boards is issue I see at free speech sites a lot of places.

I don't see censorship but I do see "containment" limits.

Obviously, the owners of this site have a point of view of their own.

And that's all I have to say about it.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
if i owned a fairly large website full of people voicing their dissent for the US govt and they came to me, used a few scare tactics, and threw some money at me, i would probably choose not to go up against them.

This thread isn't supposing that crazy of a question. If the good old govt wanted to monitor the ip #'s of some controversial posters and keep an eye on what the "thinkers" are talking about, this would be a great place to start.

~ by "thinkers" i mean this is a LARGE community of people, most of which dont blindly accept what the media tells them. the people that come here research their topics and actually bring up some valid reasons to doubt the direction and intent of our government

i have no solid evidence that this site is being monitored. All i am saying is that its not crazy to think that it might be. It would be relatively easy and cheap means of keeping a solid eye on the enemy and spreading some disinfo while their at it.

and the fact that this thread has sparked such prestigious attention only gives more credibility to my theory

[edit on 10-5-2008 by bringthelight]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
especially with things like this happening

"govt to fight terror on web"

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
For what it's worth my lady Duck...... As I fast approach my 2nd year of re-emergence and anniversary here on ATS..... anyone who knows my reputation and stance on stupidity and government BS, should know that If I thought there was the slightest whiff or chance that ATS was not what "Deny Ignorance" stands for and has for the last 10 years..... I would have been long gone already. I have been a rebel since I was born and definitely since Saigon 1971..... and I would never allow my reputation to the troops who have followed me for 37 years to be tainted by a BS Government cover-up of any shape or kind.

Nice to see you back HOME where you are appreciated and respected by all.

Your Bud....

Dave

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Since this topic comes up every week on ATS I always have this link at hand:

ATS Cointelpro

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I've been seeing these kinds of posts popping up all over ATS in recent months, and up until now they've made me really skeptical about the place. Now this skepticism doesn't stem from me actually buying into the theory that ATS is nothing but a political propaganda tool for the government, but it's the extremity of the paranoia that I see within the theory itself which makes me so skeptical. Now I don't mean to demean or ridicule the original poster of this topic in any way, shape or form, but it's threads like these that have put me off of posting at this place for such a long time now. But hey, questioning every possibility is what makes this place such a vibrant and exciting community, so in that aspect I can only applaud you.

You've really got to put everything into context here though. The government have no real, justifiable reason to infiltrate and saturate this place with dis-info. You've got to ask yourself one question, why would they do it? Their main motive would obviously be to discredit ATS and the conspiracy community, but what's the need when they've got plenty of idiots inadvertently doing it for them already? (I'm not talking about the original poster in specific, I'm making a sweeping generalisation of the ATS community as a whole).

So no, I can't see it happening. Sorry, I'd love to buy into a lot of the theories on this site, I really would, but time has taught me to take things with a pinch of salt. ESPECIALLY on ATS.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
First off, let me say to all the people trying to demean the topic creator by posting ridiculous statements and unnecessary emoticons to be patient. It does not matter if you have heard the subject countless times before as long as the subject is resolved in a manner better than its previous time, since we should always be trying to improve.

Ducky, unless the admins and moderators are all aliens that came up with the concept of ATS long before its creation and this entire forum is a giant experiment (which is possible, but highly improbable), the government cannot have bought out ATS. As I stated in a thread I made less that a week ago, I believe there may be some undercover government agents doing spy work on ATS to gain knowledge about what the public knows, how they react to certain situations, etc. If the government just downright bought out ATS, they would have to know that, due to the incredible investigative skills the members have at their arsonal, their secret would not be kept for long. In fact, if they ever approached any of the staff, one of the staff would definitely be willing to risk life-and-limb to bring the truth to all of us, and that would prove that we are a "threat" to them. They cannot control us openly, but I believe that they can influence us subtlety, and it is up to us to not accuse those who we believe may be agents, but to instead handle it in a mature manner.

In short, no, ATS cannot be controlled by the government, simply because, at this point, it would be better for them to look than to hold.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
In short, no, ATS cannot be controlled by the government, simply because, at this point, it would be better for them to look than to hold.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by SonicInfinity]

Hmmm....it very well could be owned by the gov in some secret undercover project, and you wouldnt know. After all what is the point in it being secret if we all knew.

Personally, however, as I have stated...does it really matter?
To a certain degree you could say that it matters in the sense that if it were a gov. owned site they would try to manipulate peoples opinions. - Well that happens 24/7...its called t.v., newspaper, books, etc. We all are influenced, to some extent by what we read.

And to a larger extent we are influenced by what it appears the mass milieu believes...which indeed a few clever peoople - with the resources - could manipulate.

I say that its time to go beyond all this though.
Its a good time to go ahead and 'awaken'. No mystical new age stuff here.
Basically it means thinking for oneself...weighing all thought equally, the bizarre with the so called qualified opinion...

...for in the long run, it all doesnt even matter. What matters most is whats happening in you and in me on a personal level. We change that, we change our very reality around us. No, not some hocus pocus, but real change.

Some rabbi said, "Change the way you think, change the way you feel"...there is indeed truth in this.

For the most part we are ruled and controlled by that unconscious mind of ours...the ego. - neither good nor bad, but a tool, which is not being used as a tool, so it figures it can use us.

In reality, I suppose its part of the evolution of the universe, if Christians can forgive my use of the term. (Look to where the term is pointing.)

So in short, yes ATS could well be a CIA project, if so, my greetings to you.
Doesnt really matter in the end.

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluntMetal
You've got to ask yourself one question, why would they do it?

Quite simple - egos wanting to control other egos.

And it doesnt even have to be CIA to do that...its just human nature to try to move and persuade things to one direction.

Watch any of the forums and you will see a push (polarity) in two directions on any given topic...each group trying to push their agenda...even if on an unconscious level.

Its a part of growing up I suppose.

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Weren't you at our "Revolution Event" party in NYC?

sorry for bad english. is not my mother tongue. a party rave i gone to was called 'REVOLUTION'. it was fun but that is all. my meaning is that call something 'revolution' does not make it so. again sorry my english. thank you for your time.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I don't think ATS is Cointel Pro, but I know there are paid Mason agents on here. They will deny that they are paid, but why else would so many Masons spend so much time defending their organization from crazy conspiracy theorists? If they have nothing to hide, and I'm paranoid (as they keep telling me), why are there at least 3 Masons on all day every day? Surely, if I'm crazy and all my research is wrong (and it's ALL wrong according to them, every word I type) then why are they here constantly defending Masonry and debating with me and others?

Why is there a Secret Society forum that is completely run by Secret Society members? Try to post anything conspiratorial in that forum and you'll instantly have 3 Masons telling you you're crazy, there's no conspiracy.

I didn't come to the ATS Secret Society forum to argue and be lied to by the very people I'm exposing. I came to share my research. And what do I hear? Every single fact is wrong, every quote was never spoken, and every Masonic plot was fake. The Masons have no power, 3rd degree is just as high as 33rd degree, and all they do in their meetings is plan the next pancake breakfast.

Really think about this folks. You've grown used to all the Mason's presence here on ATS, and most of you think they're just "conspiracy fans" or something. Look at their post history. Look what they actually do here. I can say from experience they LIE constantly and just tell you you're lying. They make you find 12 sources for the same quote, and even then they're not satisfied.

Also as many of you know, in the Scientology/Anonymous thread, I pointed out an agent there and sure enough the moderator caught him signing in under three names agreeing with himself and spamming the thread.

Is ATS at the owner/management level involved with the government? I don't think so. Are there Government/Mason/Agents on ATS? Most definitely. AND, they are on many other message boards too. I've been promoting my new book The Atlantean Conspiracy on about a hundred message boards (some calling it activism, others call it spam, you decide), and you would be surprised the avatars that always disagree:

Masonic Eagles... on nearly every site, there's someone with an Eagle agreeing with the government on every issue.

On Cross-X forums there's a guy with a "winking owl" who just happens to detract from my thread and denounce me to no end.

If you're really bored, type The Atlantean Conspiracy into Google and see for yourselves. See how at least one person on every site employs the SAME professional mis/disinfo tactics. There's always 1 or 2 people (usually with Masonic avatars) who adamantly disagree in a very professional and directed manner, not your typical poster, not your typical unpaid internet surfer.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
For those of you with time and inclination unless you have access to the IP logs or the server side logs of the people who connect and post here how are you going to know for sure. CRYPTOME.ORG maintains an ongoing list of NSA NRO CIA FBI Ip ranges as well as several other interesting things (Complete Whitehouse Phone Book for Example)
Counter Intelligence...there has to be some intelligence to counter per se..and here on this site its all just fun & games.. really..debunk a photo..argue over all caps post's move a thread ban a few people hey its all in a days work..dont be foolish enough to think this all means anything...if we were gaining any traction they would ban it.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sorry if this sounds pedantic Mr Overlord but I fail to see any vicous lies, how can a question or a doubt be a lie?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Since this topic comes up every week on ATS I always have this link at hand:

ATS Cointelpro

ATS Cointelpro
Oh great….Thanks Skyfloating…another great link to a thread with a ton of great links.

Now I will be reading these links for at least a week!

Now you have caused me to start my own notepad file of the best threads on ATS.

Oh man…will this place ever cease to amaze? I doubt it.

Peace

edit to add: the link

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Zeptepi]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Why do most of the posts seem to think the OP is off his rocker? From my experiences in life, in general, you should know you can't trust anyone. Not to be dark about it, and not to say the moderators or owners are lying OR telling the truth, but c'mon, you think the owners of ATS would come out and say "yeah, we were bought out?" Who's to say from the beginning, it was or wasn't a set-up? I've learned to question everything. I would think, regardless of if ATS is owned by the gov or regular people seeking the truth, the gov is watching. With civilian friends of mine, I could ask them to get IP addresses of posters on this site and they could. So, knowing this, I know the gov can get ANY info they need. It's a drag, but my biggest suggestion for this site is just not to go overboard on your answers to posts. There are things you should keep to yourself instead of posting on and internet forum for all to see and for the gov to track you down and watch you. If any of you say enough crazy things, I wouldn't doubt that this info could be used against you by the gov to put you away for some type of terrorist threat. If you are thinking of crazy things, or things that are controversial, one tip....treat it like you are in the mob, and old school at that. No mention of weird things on phone calls, or in your home or on the internet. You should go back in time for your communication. Cell phones, home phones, etc... can all be listened in to pretty easily, especially with ATT doing whatever the gov asks them to do. I'm not suggesting any of you do an crazy things in general, just be careful out there. We are in a very sensitive world where saying the word "bomb" at an airport can get you put in jail. Just mentioning the word, not even using it in a threatening way. These are all just basic ideas and so forth, but I hope some of you who are trying to make a difference in this crazy world take notice and do things the right way. No one wants to see you put away with NO rights and NO access to a lawyer or even a call to your family. Also, I wouldn't put it past any of the owners to be bought out and this isn't a knock on them. I learned a lesson a long time ago from a judge friend of mine, in as far as judging someone's actions without knowing the full story. I asked why so many judges are corrupt and allow themselves to be bought out by tough guys or whomever. He simply say, you have a few basic choices in the matter. A) Take the money being offered to you and no harm will come to you or your family. B) Deny the money and someone in your family suffers and accident or possibly yourself. C) Play hardball and go to the authorities... well, your career, family life and perhaps your own life ruined. So, out of A, B and C, my choice is easy now, A sounds good to me. Hell yeah, I'll take the money, retire in style and keep my family. Any of you who say you would keep your morals no matter what have obviously never been in this situation. So, with that said, if the owners sold out to the gov, who could blame them. The gov has their own goons as well. Nothing is traceable and no one will ever find out. So, now that I've rambled enough, I'm off to sleep. All of you be safe out there and all of you spying on people, I hope you feel that you are doing the right thing for this country.

JPT

PS-All of this post is just my presumptions as I am no one, but just a lower class peasant who has access to a computer. I would be surprised if my intelligence was that of the average American, of which I am, and of which is not saying much.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by justpassingthrough]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join