It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA wants to take the "boom" out of "sonic boom"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

NASA wants to take the "boom" out of "sonic boom"

www.networkworld.com

As the military and occasionally commercial aviation researchers look to fly aircraft higher, farther and faster - much faster, sonic booms such planes can create can cause problems on the ground.

That's why NASA and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) this week announced a partnership to jointly research sonic boom. NASA said sonic boom modeling is one of the key technologies needed to let a next generation supersonic aircraft quiet enough that it can fly supersonically over land without significant disturbance to the people or damage to property under such noise.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jaxa.jp
www.apg.jaxa.jp
www.grc.nasa.gov
www.nasa.gov

[edit on 5/9/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think this is a HUGE development and is showing us that we are quickly moving into a age where the physics of "UFOs"and "Star Trek"are becoming a reality.

Ever wonder why UFOs don't make "Sonic Booms"when traveling at obvious supersonic speeds?Well,soon we will be able to-this is one of the greatest things I think NASA has taken on(And Im not a big fan of NASA).

Just think of the implications of this-it will alow us to be able to REGULARLY travel supersonic ANYWHERE,without worrying about damage to objects on the ground.As the site said,it will usher in a new era of flight.

I'm sure you all know that this is the main reason we don't utilize supersonic technology in flight due to the fact that it will damage property on the ground unless you are so high in the sky.

This will take us into a future of rapid travel for sure, IMO.I wonder what air travel will be like in the year 2080 at this pace-even taking in to consideration all the "secret"technology.

So lets hear what y'all think.

www.networkworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/9/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Come on, this is an old toy.
I absolutely am sure they have had far more advanced tech before NASA even came to existence.

This is just another false lie to pump trillions of dollars in some black budget project. They already have this tech so if ever people were starting to question it they can show it and say:"Hey, that money really did go to this tech, here look, here is the result" and then show something they already had decades ago. And in the meanwhile they are visiting yet another planet with intelligent life, which i truly believe they do, with flying triangles. Why go to the moon when you can visit planets full of life and technologie a human even doesnt dare to dream off.

new topics

join