It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar Shaped UFO Over Porter Mountain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Cigar Shaped UFO Over Porter Mountain!

www.ufodigest.com

I shot this image on 09/02/2007 at 12:05 p.m. I shot it when I went on an overnight camping trip with my friends when we hiked two mountains in the Adirondacks.

I was on Porter Mountain (4,059' tall) when I took the shot.

In the image, you'll see Giant Mountain on the left side of the image; with the rocky looking face. It was a crystal clear day and not a cloud in the sky. Above and a bit to the right of Giant Mountain, is something I didn't see when I took the shot. I looked at this image the other day and noticed a cigar shaped object, hanging in the sky parallel to the ground.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Original and Larger Photo

Enlarged Imaged. I cropped the photo and enlarged the area of the object. Dirk

Enhanced Image. I used Adobe Photoshop and equalized the object to bring out the contrast and details. Dirk

Well there it is, with the article writer's enhancements, not the person who took the photo.

It certainly does look fascinating, if indeed it was at the location we are led to believe then that would have been a massive looking UFO.

the underside of the object is darker than the top side, thus light is not reaching the underside of it.

I think that point does make it more fascinating. However i will reserve judgment until further analysis.

www.ufodigest.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Spiffy!

Looks like a flying Mr. Hanky.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bird! Called it first!

Just thought I'd jump in here and say that it looks a lot like a hundred other photos that have come through here of birds. One major clue, "I didn't see it when I took the photo." Of course not. Who pays attention to flying birds?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Bird! Called it first!

I was going to say it was a bug somewhat close to the camera, but a bird sounds good also, however, i don't this this one is quite a definitive as some other 'bird' pictures.

Originally posted by Nohup
One major clue, "I didn't see it when I took the photo." Of course not. Who pays attention to flying birds?

Not the best thing to judge a photo on. There has been many times when i have not seen something blatantly obvious until it was pointed out to me.

How about this UFO? It was claimed to have not been seen until they saw the picture afterwards... and it has not been debunked yet.

Argentina: UFO Wasn't Photographed on Purpose, They Say

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Is it me or does it seem to have wings? I don't know because I'm viewing on my cell phone, thanks for sharing .
oh and for the record I would say bird aswell but ill just wait and see.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It looks to me to big to be a military jet.The only ones that fly in the area are the a-10s if they got a visit on the bomb range at ft.drum or f16s from 174th.No commerical planes would fly that low nor are there any ones in the area,besides private strips or the forest rangers cessnas.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, I am no Internos.
But I opened it up in Photoshop. I barely made any adustments....but maybe they will help

Here I just enlarged the object

Here I adjusted the shadows/highlights and enlarged

Here I only adjusted the brightness/contrast, cropped and enlarged

[edit on 11-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I dont see any wings at all.What closet town were you near?Any place near saranac lake or cranberry lake?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hiyah Greeneyedleo....

I was just looking at the new thread on this and came here thanks to your link to this thread...great job on the image enhancement!

Sure doesn't look like a bird to me after seeing your images! That's cool that the guy who took this picture is now on ATS!

Looks like to me we can rule out birds, bugs and smudges on the lens.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I've been reading this site for a while now and am glad I can contribute something that is of interest to the community. To all, great job on manipulating my photo for different views. SilentShadow, thanks for posting those images properly, I wanted to originally do that, but did not know how, so I just posted the link to the article. Thanks to greeneyedleo too, for additional views.

I definitely would have noticed an airplane flying in the sky when I took the shot. According to my "Trails of the Adirondack High Peaks Region, North & South" map that I have in front of me now, Giant Mtn. is approx. 7 miles away from where I took the shot. Giant Mtn. is the mtn. with the rocky face in the image (on the left).

Alienstar, the closest town I was near when I was standing at the summit of Porter Mtn. is North Elba. I could not see Saranac Lake from a top Porter Mtn. According to my map, Saranac Lake is approx. 20miles from where I stood. Though, northwest of the summit of Porter Mtn. I could see Lake Placid with my bare eyes(site of the Winter Olympics a while back), which is approx. 7.5 miles from a top of Porter Mtn.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For those that don't click on the link to read the article, I will post what I wrote to UFO digest in my email, which was then used, word for word, in the story the person posted to ufodigest.com:

I shot this image on 09/02/2007 at 12:05 p.m. I shot it when I went on an overnight camping trip with my friends when we hiked two mountains in the Adirondacks.

I was on Porter Mountain (4,059' tall) when I took the shot.

In the image, you'll see Giant Mountain on the left side of the image; with the rocky looking face. It was a crystal clear day and not a cloud in the sky. Above and a bit to the right of Giant Mountain, is something I didn't see when I took the shot. I looked at this image the other day and noticed a cigar shaped object, hanging in the sky parallel to the ground.

I cannot identify what it is. I zoomed in on it a bit; it definitely is not a cloud or a bird or an airplane.

To me, it looks like a UFO.

I don't think it is dirt on the lens either. If it is dirt, it was only on the lens for this shot because it is not on any of the other shots I took shortly before and after this one. Plus, it looks like the underside of the object is darker than the top side, thus light is not reaching the underside of it. If dirt were on the lens, I don't think you would see a shadow like that because the only part of the dirt you would see is the part sticking to the camera which would be all dark.

The object in the sky looks like the light is hitting it from above.

...Thats all.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Another quick post:

Giant Mtn. is exactly 4,627' tall. The object in question seems to be a bit higher than Giant Mtn. Are planes allowed to fly that low in that area? If so, where would a plane be going if it was that low? Alienstar, I know you brushed upon the subject earlier in this post, do you have any other suggestions?

top topics

join