It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI: discussion with Philipe Kling David

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Phil- it'll be a blessing for us here at ATS to help distinguish the real and the fakes with a pro like you on board.
I look forward to all your contributions.

spikeD.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great thread as always Internos!!

S&F

Hi and welcome Phil, its great to see more people from S. America in this forum, got so many questions to ask...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Olá Philipe, bem vindo ao ATS.

I would like to ask something: what do you think of the increase in CGI UFO hoaxes in the last year, if you are aware of them.

And about the "Chad drone", what do you think?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I also have another question for P3D.

Philipe, with the advances in CGI over the next ten years as you see them, at what point do you think that hoax videos will become so real that they are truly indistinguishable from the real thing?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor
- - - with the advances in CGI over the next ten years as you see them, at what point do you think that hoax videos will become so real that they are truly indistinguishable from the real thing?

That point has surely been passed already. The only limitations are the production budget and the skill of the animator. A good example of a truly convincing alien is Golem in the 'Lord of the Rings' movies. We see CGI all the time in movies without realising it. The only reason many YouTube aliens aren't convincing is they didn't spend enough money making the effects.

WG3

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't have anything to add to this thread, except to say that it will be nice to have this "expert" on oard. It seems that we are one step ahead of the discovery channel on getting real experts together to REALLY solve mysteries... looking forward to working with you,
-Jason

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Congrats Internos for this and welcome Philipe to ATS--now we are more prepared with your expertise to help clear up and discern all the clutter that sometimes shows up here in our realm.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Welcome aboard phillipe!!

Amazing work on "Juca 1", simply amazing. So close, almost impossible to say whether it's real or not.

I noticed on a link off you site or blog or whatever was the,

"Mona Lisa EBE"

Is that your work? If so bravo. Although I thought it was fake, it was just a gut feeling really, nothing that stood out and said fake.

If that Is not your work, have you seen it? Do you thin it might be real or hoax?

Thanks in advance for any questions you can answer.

and again Welcome to ATS!

oh, "Star and Flag" for you, Internos.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Nola, thank you for your contribution to this thread:

there's a VERY interesting article about Mona Lisa on Forgetomori:
that's not one of Philipe's works.

An alien with boobies (and floating torsos)

First, a little background. As you know, there was no Apollo 20 mission, the last one was Apollo 17. NASA did originally plan for such a mission, but it was cancelled as the designated Saturn V rocket was used to launch Skylab. “Rutledge” claims the mission went on nevertheless, with a secret launch from Vanderberg AFB, but you would have to be lunatic to swallow that there could ever be a “secret” Saturn V launch. If there’s one thing that is practically impossible to hide, that’s a Saturn V launch. And a Moon rocket launched from Vanderberg would have to have a different configuration, otherwise there would be inconvenient details like the first stage crashing in Nevada.

That’s probably why Rutledge publicized footage of this launch, but it’s very poor, clearly computer generated.

Then we have the fact that astronaut “William Rutledge” doesn’t exist, and the man behind it all is French artist Thierry Speth. He was linked with “retiredafb”, the original alias publicizing the videos, through his shopping for Apollo paraphernalia and Carey Lowell nudes on ebay. If you look at Speth’s website, you can find curious works like these:

That video was actually created mixing at least three different sources: one of the “Mona Lisa” alien, a clay sculpture, the background inside the Lunar Module, a nice computer generated video, and finally the footage of “Leonov”. But that final footage only had Leonov from the waist up, and Speth made a very bad error on compositing — “mixing” — everything together. There’s no doubt that’s a hoax, unless you believe on flying torsos.

Speth is a talented, though misdirected artist. His previous footage of an alien spaceship that Apollo 20 found on the Moon was also very good, as well as some of his other videos. On the other hand, some like the previous linked Apollo 20 launch and his cities on the Moon are honestly ridiculous. Check them on his new address.

If you take all of them with a very big lump of salt, they are all quite fun as fiction. As Philipe Kling David noted, that would be “the first alien boobie video in history”. I’m always with the classic ones of Mathilda May on Lifeforce, but these clay ones are amusing.

And much better looking than the previous notorious clay alien in ufology, the Caponi interdimensionally ugly baby (in Spanish, with photos).

Read full article here

[edit on 10/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
Your words are crap here "Philipe3d" you have wasted so many peoples time,energy, bandwidth etc.. why are you really here? so you can laugh some more?Philipe3d you have ONE frigging Chance with me,type something in txt that will make me interested in you! and you CAN'T!!
Why did you bring this MISINFORMATION creep HERE???
internos why?

Philipe's work has been exploited by other people:
he has stated clearly that his was a fictional work since its start.
He's a EXPERT in the field of CGI, and his advices are very welcome.
If someone has been so foolish to put his work out of its own original contest, then that wasn't neither philipe's nor mine bad.
Philipe's videos have been posted many times here, claimed to be the real deal: an expert's advices are always welcome here, i have no control in what he says, and his posts have already been reviewed by the forum staff, as well as each one else so i really don't see what's the issue with this thread.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Philipe's work has been exploited by other people:
[edit on 11/5/2008 by internos]

Thanks internos for quick responce
yes just like the Driver of a get-away car "I didn't know he was going to do that"
Sorry internos(mate) but this just seems like he's trying to get noticed! and he has by me as a MISINFORMATION person!

So here I ask for ALL ATS members :
Philipe3d can/will you PLEASE upload your video's again to youtube,google etc.. with a RED txt on Top or Bottom some where stating DEBUNKED BY AUTHOR .
I wonder.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Even if he did it on purpose he did not force anyone to believe in the images, in the same way nobody forces me to post here on ATS.

People do what they want to do, blaming other people for our own actions, reactions and opinions is almost the same as saying that we are just puppets that can be directed by anyone.

Edited to add that I think that it is a good idea that of him posting the video to YouTube with the disclaimer.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Ah, I see now, ya I didn't scroll down the page enough. I always thought the Mona Lisa looked "clay-like", but that was always passed off as her being frozen in space for 1,000's of years or what have you.

I also remember the whole Torsoe of said astronaut debacle, now that you mention it. Nice find though, whoever found that artists work. Although it isn't exactly the Mona Lisa, one can definitely ake some good comparisons, especially the hair. That was another thing that looked fake to me as well.

As I said my gut told me fake. But now that you mention the jumping astronaut , and the whole appollo 20 thing, ya I remeber this was pretty much deemed a hoax some time back.

Thanks for reminding me.

I'd also like to get Phillipes input on the drone images, just like ArMaP. I'm fairly sure he'd say they could be CGI, just like saladfingers proved, by makeing a flying drone that was quite convincing. Another member here, shoot I forget his name, took one of the drone pictures, and made it look even more realistic as well. So I'm betting Phillipe would say they could definitely be CGI, but no one yet has been able to prove it, if they are CGI, they are very well done.The truth will have to come through some other means I'd imagine, and not through the pictures themselves.

But anyhow thanks again for pointing the Mona Lisa stuff out too me, very interesting.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Phillip and thanks for joining!

We definitely could use someone here with your kind of expertise in 3-D CGI!

So far your answers to some of the questions posed here have been very informative!

Really glad you're here!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Zelong

Even if he did it on purpose he did not force anyone to believe in the images, in the same way nobody forces me to post here on ATS.

People do what they want to do, blaming other people for our own actions, reactions and opinions is almost the same as saying that we are just puppets that can be directed by anyone.

Edited to add that I think that it is a good idea that of him posting the video to YouTube with the disclaimer.

LOL it's called MISINFORMATION.
example: fill the web full of this sort of stuff and No one will see the Truth.

Now this is What I would Love to see.
It's about time these sorts of people can redeem them selfs and get some sore off credibility !
I do believe what I have stated!

Philipe3d go on Prove to us here at ATS how sincere you Really Are.
You have One chance,no reprieve.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong
LOL it's called MISINFORMATION.
example: fill the web full of this sort of stuff and No one will see the Truth.
I know, but you can only call it that if it is made with that purpose in mind.

If someone uses someone else's work and uses it as a "misinformation job" then the original creator of that work cannot be blamed for what other people did with it.

So, although I think the posting of the video with the disclaimer a good idea I also think that the tone of your posts (especially the first) was uncalled for, you have no proof of bad intentions from Philipe.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Zelong

Hi, ArMaP, there are certainly subjects we have different opinions about, but I agree 100 % with you on this one. And I want to thank Internos for bringing Philipe Kling David to ATS - I have no doubt he will be a valuable asset to this forum.

Welcome, Philipe2d!

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

That point has surely been passed already. The only limitations are the production budget and the skill of the animator. A good example of a truly convincing alien is Golem in the 'Lord of the Rings' movies. We see CGI all the time in movies without realising it. The only reason many YouTube aliens aren't convincing is they didn't spend enough money making the effects.

WG3

Sorry, but I don't see Golem as being so hyper-realistic that normal people can't tell he's CGI. I'm talking about CGI so advanced that rendered humans and creatures are just as real looking as any animal you would see on the Discovery channel, or any actor you would see in any Hollywood movie. So no, we aren't there yet, not by a longshot.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello friends of ATS.
I was traveling to visit my grandparents. I apologize for my brief absence. I hope I can answer your questions in a manner satisfactory, despite the fact that I am not very good in English.

Before starting want to thank everyone who gave me welcome. Thank you very much.

On the question of editing the videos on youtube putting some kind of message. Sorry, I did not understand exactly what kind of message do you suggest it should be, but I suppose that is some kind of warning about the material be a creative fictional and not a legitimate shot of an alien.

It is fact that there are many explanations for which I have not done this. Let me explain 10 of them:

1 - stronger something fundamental in a story that is the "sense of disbelieveness." Imagine you go see the movie "Close encouters of third Kind" of the grade and just below the mother ship that emits musical tones shown a red sign written:
"THIS IS NOT TRUTH. THIS IS FALSE."
It is ridiculous and spoils the grace of the product. The bounty is causing a sense of amazement and amazing with a production that seems much with reality and that is part of a coherent story and it seems very well structured with reality. But at the end of each episode is a warning with Big red letters where I say on the big video and images and story are completly fictional.

2 - The story of a MIB is not just video. It is video, audio, image and text. It´s a new type of media experiment. Moreover is formed by comments from readers. That is why the warning is not in the video. The warning is in the text. This also explains why in bottom of each image there is no similar warning. A notice just have to suffice, or dirt all the material related with dumb warnings for people stupid.

3 - Each video posted on You tube is accompanied by a brief description that is on the side of the video. This description points to my blog, where are the data of the story: The Report of a mib. Since the end of each episode is a video warning and points to the place where the notice is not because I lose my time doing this.

4 - The goal of videos in addition to illustrate the history and people are getting readers interested in learning more about that fact. I believe that a notice in the video lose many people who could be interested in knowing more about that. I prefer to warn them to the end of a stage of reading that it is fictional material.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join