It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge's Order Stifles a Basic Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Post Star.com (under the "Editorials" category)
Judge's Order Stifles a Basic Right
Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

And the government is finally running out of patience.

So it's doing what government always does when it can't take
care of a pesky challenger through rational discussion,
negotiation or litigation. It's taking out its giant government
sledgehammer and going for the kill.

And in doing so, it's not only interfering with Mr. Schulz's
exercise of his right to free speech, but it's punishing anyone
else for simply listening to that free speech...

...But when it comes to speaking out about taxes, the government's first reaction is to stuff the Constitution in your mouth and wrap your face with duct tape...

...To taxpayers, the message is: "If you listen to this guy, we'll get you. We know where you live. We've got your Social Security number. And when we find out you didn't really donate $50 to save the whales as you claimed on your last tax return, you'll think a freight train ran over you."

To Mr. Schulz, the message is: "Distribute this information, and your followers will be made afraid to listen to you..."

It seems that the US Government has totally bulldozed the Constitution, the very same Contract (ie: the Constitution itself) that they've sworn legally-binding Oaths to obey. With a judgment like this, the People seem to have no remaining peaceful recourse.

IMO, the only thing left is clearly stated within the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It seems that each day a new yoke is lain on the necks of peaceful citizens. This cannot go on forever; at some point there will be the straw that broke the camel's back. Our leaders, in their blindness, seem not to realize this fact.

I fought for this country because I believed then, as I d now, in freedom. I cannot turn aside from the evil that is upon our nation. I write letters, work petitions, try to turn out the vote, whatever I can. But it seems to little.

There are storm clouds on the horizon, and I fear the winds and lightning will effect us all.

Starred and flagged.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks...
I first saw this while I was checking out the We the People Foundation...They had re-printed the Post Star Editorial in their own website (in Adobe Acrobat PDF format).

The "Schultz" referred to in the Post Star editorial is Mr. Bob Schultz, founder of the WTP organization. He's been fighting a years-long court battle against the IRS & consistently working to educate the public about the Constitution & how much the Government violates it.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Another point to consider...A point that was originally established by Thomas Jefferson (when writing to James Madison):
"The following [addition to the Bill of Rights] would have pleased me: The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, to write, or otherwise to publish anything but false facts affecting injuriously the life, liberty or reputation of others, or affecting the peace of the [United States] with foreign nations."

In a nutshell, the Right to Free Expression (in press & speech) even covers telling lies! The only limitation is when such lies cause any violations of the Rights of others.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I always thought that you should pay taxes once a year...the day before the election. I gaurantee things would be differant with just that one change! Confiscatory wage garnishing every week should be abolished. This man sure has the bit in his teeth. I hope he lives long enough to continue the fight to its rightfull end!

Zindo

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I hope he lives long enough to continue the fight to its rightfull end!

I hope so too. If you've looked at all of the info at the WTP website, it's pretty obvious that Schultz at least has a damn good lawyer!

At any rate, WTP has become a little bit too public to conveniently sweep him under the rug...That would only turn him into a martyr & that's never easy for a government to deal with.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is the kinda crap America gets mad at China for. I seriously think it's time for massive marches to be organized in every city of America. And make them listen.

top topics

join