It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tiny Glimpse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello all:

I did a search to see if one of the links I would like to share was already posted on ATS, but it already was under another category. That's okay though, here it is again:
The Size of Our World Special Edition

This second link is what I came across first and reminded me of the above one:
A Tiny Glimpse

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for posting this.

Yeah, it's been posted before, but it's still amazaing to look at.

I'll never get tired of looking at pics of our universe.

Every single time I do look, I can't help but wonder what else is out there, or should I say who else?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
so stunningly beautiful! i love looking at those galaxies. Good lord the size of those stars was amazing.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I haven't seen this before. Thanks for posting it. I always like to see things from a new perspective.

Sleuth

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Great post!, Yeah, its almost mind numbing thinking about how big the universe is and what else is out there. Could the physics in another galaxy far from ours be different than ours? how different? Whats in the space between galaxies? too many questions and no definite answers for any damn it!. Maybe one day they will discover a means of travel via worm holes, space fold that will get us there because even if we manage to figure out a mode of travel faster than the speed of light, it would have to be at least 10 to 100 times faster to make it really practical to explore just our own galaxy.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Your welcome everyone

I posted this awhile back but I'd like to share it again for the new comers:
The Universe In Color

Whoa this is awesome too
:
Hubble Space Image Collection

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Pretty humbling. Beautiful pics.

Thanks for sharing them

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Gosh! I feel so tiny compared to those photos of the largest known stars. I cannot begin to image how enormous a 'Creator', if any, could possibly exist.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Your Welcome _Del_

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Hi pikypiky,

I pondered that very question myself when I posted this. It brought me back to remembering these words off hand:

Thus saith the Lord: Heaven is my feet, and the earth is my footstool. Where shall now that house stand that ye build unto me? And where shall be the place, that I will dwell in ? As for these things, my hand hath made them all, and they are all created, saith the Lord. Which of them shall I then regard? Even him that is of a lowly troubled spirit, and standeth in awe of my works.

top topics

join