It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bury, Cremate, or... Liquify???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
zej

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My first post here after several years of hanging around in the UFO category.
I'm sorry but I had to post here because this thread is so wonderfully surreal. It's the funniest thing i've read for some while. Please keep posting fellas this is a classic! Monty Python had nothing on this...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I should point out even though i'm young i've made my wishes clear. I want to be burnt and the my ahes mixed into a firework (or several) and have all my friends anf family watch. It's the perfect funeral to celebrate my love of chemistry

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

oooh oohh, or even better, I want to get taxidermy done, that way my friends and family can still have me around for ever and ever....not to mention they could use me for the 2nd person for use of the HOV lane.

Oh and better yet people could use your, err, stuffed 'form' as a Halloween prop to scare the bee geezers outta kids and stuff.

God, this thread is getting gross!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Personally, I want to be buried in the Earth with no casket or embalming, so that I can naturally decompose and my remains can be utilized by nature.

Liquification is an interesting premise, though.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Oh that is a good one!

I do that now by sitting slumped over in a chair on the porch (dressed up like a zombie) with the bowl of candy in my hands waiting for the unsuspecting kids to joyfully walk up and go for their share.....then sit up quickly, open my eyes and scream. Sometimes even the adults they are with end up running and screaming in terror before the kids do.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by pikypiky

Oh that is a good one!

I do that now by sitting slumped over in a chair on the porch (dressed up like a zombie) with the bowl of candy in my hands waiting for the unsuspecting kids to joyfully walk up and go for their share.....then sit up quickly, open my eyes and scream. Sometimes even the adults they are with end up running and screaming in terror before the kids do.

All we need is a virus that kills all the decomposing bacteria (like Solanum, but no zombie after). That way you will be partially rotted but forever good for a Halloween prop. I always have to use dead animals for Halloween (seriously, I actually do this), but people would be better and more frightening.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
why does this remind me of `The Matrix` - where they liquify the dead and use the `goop` as feed stuff for the new born - would be very similar as its being flushed away to the sewage works , they clean it and send it back out to be reused....

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Quite irreverent, and personally, I think, unless they find a use for liquefied remains that allows them to be respectfully kept or disposed of, well, its not an option I would choose or recommend, really.

I personally like the idea of a woodland burial, where you get put in a biodegradable casket and have a tree planted on top of you. In many years time, the cemetery becomes a living forest and is returned to a wild state. That's an option I like better.

We no longer can call ourselves civilized when we no longer have any respect for the dead. Flushing someone down a toilet, or drain, counts as just that.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ok, I've always said that I don't really care what happens to my body when I'm dead, but um... I'm pretty sure I don't want to be liquified. I don't know... I just have a thing with gross looking liquids and I don't want to become one.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

As I was reading your title, my brain was remembering that Jack ass episode where johnny takes his grandma to different taxidermists to get a quote on stuffing her, so he can have her around forever, he did manage to get a estimate though - for a costly $26,000.

This freaked me out

I want to be on a mountain top to be eaten quickly by wild animals, its all arranged!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Unless you have your body shot into space, the "elements" that were you will be recycled back into the earth, air and water. Even if you are shot into space, it is possible that sometime in the future, particles that were you will reenter the atmosphere.

My personal opinion is whatever floats your boat without being hazardous to the living. I presently prefer the idea of cremation. It is less costly for those left behind and burning has a tendency to destroy most toxins, biologicals and disease. Plus dry ashes are easier to keep or clean up than the alternative leftovers (except maybe the diamonds : )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join