It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bury, Cremate, or... Liquify???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Man I didn't even think about the drinking water issue since I'm on well water. That's a disgusting thought. Of course by the time this becomes widely acceptable we'll all probably be enjoying our Ted Turner brand Soylent Green meals, so it might not matter that we're washing it all down with a glass of freshly squeezed water from yesterday's obituaries.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I like the Tibetan style, you get placed on a high tree and allow the buzzards to pick your bones clean.

Then there is the Indian way , where after you die the "Bone Picker's" take and crush your bones to be held in sacred family locations used for ceremony.

I have a Short Story about this, yet it was a bit too detailed and long for the last Short Story contest. I even researched native languages for the story.

Personally I like the idea of the Diamonds last forever idea. Can you imagine asking a woman to marry you and placing 'that' on her finger? "Oh this was my grandmas"...Cough...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't like this. It seems so easy. Alot more murders might go unsolved. Why would they tell everyone how to get rid of bodies without a trace?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I can actually answer "me" to all three of those questions, but only on my dad's side of the family and only because his family had been in the same town for a couple of generations. I get what you're saying, though, and think the journal idea is a great one.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Liquify? Hmmmmmmm? Well that would be "greener" but it opens up a whole new avenue of possibilities for example:

Conservatives might ask to be liquidated, frozen and spread over cumulonimbus clouds so they could rain on everyone's parade.

Rush Limbaugh could be used as fertilizer on a hog lot.

Auto enthusiasts could be used with cement to make driveways, pavements, auto dealer showroom floors, and pothole filler.

Aviation enthusiasts could be used with JP4 as jet fuel.

Military veterans could be solidified after liquidation and used in liquid fueled boosters for ICBMs.

Politicians could be liquified and used as compost filler. (Finally something productive!!!!)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Personally, I've always felt it is very wasteful of the majority of humans that they do not consume their dead. Especially when you think about all the starving children in India. We could, at the very least, make jerky out of our unwanted deceased (prisoners, criminals, the homeless, etc.) and ship that to third world countries instead of the food aid we currently give them.

Ask any South Seas islander old enough to remember the days before the missionaries came and told them kai-kai was unacceptable. Humans are delicious AND nutritious.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

Now hold on there- are you suggesting we all do a Dahmer? That we repeal Life prison sentences for cannibal killers? Humans may be nutricious but consuming a human being is just wrong and backwards on sooooooo many levels.

Would the Japanese like their Sushi with human?

Would the Brits eat Steak and Real Kidney Pie?

Would you forego cereal in the morning for Cream of Uncle Fred?

You need serious help, not ATS.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Wow, first of all let me say "ME" to all three of your questions. But, you are right that even though I know where they are, I rarely "visit".

The WOW is the journal idea. I honestly never thought of that but I'm seriously thinking of it now, I'm not even married, let alone have a family but it's a great idea. After losing my Grandpa on my dad's side at a very young age (young enough to start to forget things now that I'm 29) I wish I had something like this from him. The closest to that I do have is an old audio cassette of him talking to me before going to a mardi gras parade when I was still a baby. And I mean BABY as in still in a carrier, not walking around and stuff. Of course that's getting on in age too and won't be around forever.

-Apex

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Ha! Keith Richards is the first thing I thought of when I saw this method! I wondered if he would still snort his dad , even with the chemicals (lye) used in this process! He would probably find this more 'pure' than just ashes!

I am torn myself, I know I don't need this body after I am gone, but I am just now considering cremation, simply because of the expense of a funeral. The body disolving thing just doesn't appeal to me.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Eww, ewww, eww. What is wrong with you?! And have you actually comsumed a human, in order to boast how 'delicious' they are? I would like to know in what country that would have taken place! And make sure I never go there!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by paigcal
The thought of it sounds grusome, but maybe better than to be buried for $6000. I rather someone just burn my body in the back yard or something.

Agreed haha. I personally wish I could be buried at sea.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
ha ha.. I love the sense of humor on ATS. You all keep me amused.

On a more serious note, I come from a religious family, and I'm sure that despite my previous wish to be cremated, my mom would lie and say I wanted to be buried. But this.. this is interesting. Until it comes more into play, I'm sticking to being cremated, but if this is legit and happens within my lifetime, (I'm only 27, so it should)... and I know it's already real, but I mean passes all the legal mumbo jumbo etc. I will sign up for this. I was going to donate my body to science before, so this is just as good. lol What do I care about my dead body? Not like I'm going to need it anymore.

The funeral director said he would charge the same price as for a cremation. That would be awesome. But I also agree with whoever said there will be a lot of unsolved murders from this.

Good thread. Thanks for the new option. Can't wait to be a poo slushie!!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Don't forget, compacting is always an option!

www.compacteddignity.com...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'll assume you were joking. Humans, by and large, don't even eat animals that have died from natural causes or accidents. Besides this, considering how crap like Crutchfeld-Jakobsen disease can easily be spread via cannibalism, I'm guessing this wouldn't be a very healthy thing to do.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've always been partial to how the Romans disposed of their fallen.

Cremated on a huge funeral pyre, with the bodies of the men under your command below you..

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Burn me, liquify me, preserve me and pose me to teach people about anatomy, sell me to a necrophiliac, in all truth i just don't care. I'm agnostic, if there is an afterlife then i won't be needing my body which held my soul, if atheists are correct and we're dead and gone then again i won't need my body.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Liquefying sounds kind of boring. Why not exploding or walking out in the desert? That would be an interesting way to go.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
Humans are delicious AND nutritious.

Other than this part, I found your post a bit disturbing. Crash in the Andes much?

Peace

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Dozens of stones can be made from one individual. The size selection is currently 0.25 to 1.3 carats, but the company plans to offer larger diamonds in the future."

I think it sounds hokey, myself.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting thought. Im not sure which of those I would want to do. I will go with cryogenic freezing that way maybe they'll find a cure for death in the future and I could be brought back and possibly have a robot friend like Bender from futureama.

oooh oohh, or even better, I want to get taxidermy done, that way my friends and family can still have me around for ever and ever....not to mention they could use me for the 2nd person for use of the HOV lane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join