It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

\"Physics wonder boy to test Einstein\

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

\"Physics wonder boy to test Einstein\

www.cnn.com

# Story Highlights
# Nima Arkani-Hamed, a theoretical physicist, predicts large extra dimensions
# The Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland may confirm his ideas
# LHC results may change ideas of spacetime for the first time since Einstein
# String theory postulates that the building blocks of matter are vibrating strings
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Found this very interesting, I have a huge feeling we will be learning alot of age old questions reallllly quick.

I use to go by the name timewavezer0 but for some reason my password stopped working months ago and even when i tried to put in my new one it didnt work, so I kept emailing ats but didnt any returns!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would like to see what happens with the string theory. That is an exciting theory to me and if there is any way they can prove it as being real, i'd be stoked. Great article.

Tela

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Predictions! Predictions! Invisible dimensions! Tsk, tsk!

Nope. Nothing will come from him. From the experiments, definitely.

These guys crack me up. No doubt they have some intellect to them... but somewhere along the lines they forget all about physics and physical reality and start trying to make fairy tale illogicalities into theoretical models.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Does any one know the LHC startup date? I know its in may... and I think if I read it right, the first smash will take place in June ot July.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
String theory is well and truly outmoded - simply doesn't stack up. The most recent innovations (such as m theory) have simply pushed it further to the peripheral.

Some of the more recent ideas include loop quantum gravity, Causal dynamical triangulations, quantum einstien gravity, quantum graphity, internal relativity.

Causal Dynamical Triangulations is the most uniting theory of everything - this theory has been able to accommodate almost everything and comprehensively out does String theory. (Pease see New Scientist 3rd May 2008).

NOne the less the collider may never be turned on if the court cases underway have any say in it -

Injunction

new topics

top topics

join