It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE NEED YOUR INPUT

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So we have through the weekend. Okay then, my brainstorming came up with a few more:

Messengers' Rant
Reality Bender
Illusions and Reality
Spooks Central
Anonymous Agents

Peer Review [Forum]: A place for hoaxes, farces and debunkers of all kinds (for later archive, review and laughs).

[edit on 2008-5-09 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Whatever you call it, or whatever is included, I think this is a GRAND idea!!!!

Being completely honest, I don't really believe any if that stuff, but WOW is it ever good reading.. Well some of the time anyway..

Some of these posters really put some time and effort into their threads and it makes for fantastic, late night fare...
Semper

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Low rent hoaxers.. their threads moved to. Not my thought process at all. A category for some gifted authors to show their wares.
It's not about believing it Semper. It's about a possible new 'Stephen Kingish' fictional category that would rock.
Denying Ignorance is one thing. Applauding creativity is another.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ya know Springer,
I really don't know how to feel or vote, for that matter, on a particular forum that does not do anything than antoginize peoples perceptions.
If you it would be regulated through an analogy of introduction,(With out discrimination) there would be a pool of happier peoples.
BTS on the other hand would be the proper. If you think about it , you have made every change possible thus far and are continuing to contribute to a self proclomation with no viable evidence? True?
I haven't been the most brilliant ATS thread poster, but I do know that I have been ridiculed for the thing's I thought were of importance.
Now you are entering a new stage of acceptance, "Don't get me wrong, I have been awarded points." But as far as me being the "Alien" type, I think not.
Until you prove your true experince, source, manufacturing or creativeness, you should always "Deny-Ignorrance" by the same bi-laws that were stated back in 2006, when I had joined.
Springer, I have been shunned and excommunicated, as far as I am concerned, but the fact remains, I didn't pull a bunch of wool over anyones eye's.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Alfred. I have been drug over the hot coals, mocked, antagonized etc. It's par for the course. Countless others have u2u'd me or posted that they really liked my posts. The sword cuts both ways. A forum is just that. A veritable Oracle of Delphi experience.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Gawd, I’m feeling bored right now! [Okay, I’ll stop soon.]

Creative Juju, Juicy Material
Alternative/Creative Thoughts
Hot Air/Gas Station

Zero Thread [Forum]: Old and outdated threads that never got a single response. Now here’s your chance to resurrect threads with a bump or more!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How 'bout

The Edge of ATS

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I vote that we put a starring system on this forum and then we could vote for ideas we really like. YAY!

[edit on 9-5-2008 by sizzle]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a buffoon for taking the naming question a bit more seriously (after all, we gotta live with whatever gets chosen), I think we need to consider:

The whole point of segregating the post by it's 'personal' nature is to indicate to all who might be interested enough to visit that the post's potential noteworthiness is directly related to one's ability to accept the 'identity' of the poster. In my opinion, the title should reflect something to that effect. It's a sort of "Because of who I am" kind of thing, though a more 'catchy' or 'witty' way to say it eludes me at the moment (maybe something in Latin like "Ergo Sum").

Obviously, the disingenuous poster will consistently fail to convince, and even the sincere will have a number of 'community' hurdles to overcome, but that has to come with the territory of saying you're an alien or god or something.

A true 'Whistleblower' must surely realize that this forum can at best only be used as a sounding board for his or her assertions, so vetting is a bit much to expect. Unless we become a defacto 'news' provider, in which case we all need to be paid.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think you missed my point entirely Max. A category of pure fiction not intended to be dissected but enjoyed.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I think you missed my point entirely Max. A category of pure fiction not intended to be dissected but enjoyed.

I am so sorry, I wasn't referencing your post (I thought it was good). I was just feeling kind of muddled and couldn't think of anything as funny as everyone else.

Really, no harm no foul, K? Sorry that it came off the way it did.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
THE SHADOW REALM

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What topics do you think we should add to this list?

I am a demon/I know a demon
I am a timetraveler/I know a timetraveler
I am an alien/I know an alien
I have supernatural powers/I know someone with supernatural powers

What do you think the name of the new forum should be?

"If you are a deranged lunatic, post HERE!"? hehe just kidding

How about "Peculiar People" we can call it the PP forum for short.

What level of "vetting" should we require for these to be moved to a conspiracy forum, while being respectful of the poster's privacy?

Video evidence, pictures, and credible witnesses.

[edit on 5/9/2008 by JPhish]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

for the name "Spilt Beans" or something to that extent.

I think that this is kinda a fad and that the community will eventually understand these types of threads and the short a fast responses like "proof!" or "great another one of these..." will taper off. Creating another sub forum though I think is about all you would really have to do.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

How you going to copy my idea!?!
I started a thread like this yonks ago.It got shot down i think?
Now a bigwig comes up with the same sorta concept and is a hero.
Ill let this one slide springer you need the points haha.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*proves point*
Didnt get shot down though.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
THE SHADOW REALM

Ah zorgon, so you are also Vexxed???

You know I played that a million times and could never beat the shadow realm.

Have you ever beat it?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
"Alleged Insider"

This is the best suggestion so far. Very clear and identifiable.

Originally posted by MrPenny
How 'bout....

"Out On a Day Pass".....

Hilarious!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Ah zorgon, so you are also Vexxed???

Vexxed? No believe me I 'get it'

Originally posted by JPhish

"If you are a deranged lunatic, post HERE!"? hehe just kidding

Why do I not believe you?