It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary Clinton Run As an Independent????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I believe Hillary SHOULD run as an Independent. Her supporters would love it. The only folks who would be mad at her for doing it are the Obama supporters and they're not going to vote for her anyway so what does it matter?

Her running as an Independent would help diversify the voters' choices come November. Right now, between McCain and Obama, we're looking at a competition of Inexperience vs. George Bush III. I personally don't care for either choice. Hillary would be an excellent alternative to the millions us who don't like either candidate.

And no, Hillary would not be another Ralph Nader. She has received more votes than any presidential candidate in American history. That's far more than anyone could say for Nader. I believe she'd have a good shot at the White House as an Independent.

Go for it, Hillary!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

The Democratic party is NOT turning their backs on HRC. She lost the primary! They are rallying behind the "chosen" candidate, Sen. Obama. I don't think HRC will go as far as to run independent but after the campaign she's run, she'd do or say anything I believe. She doesn't care as much about health care or the war as she does about winning. The egos of the Clintons are HUGE. This is what she's all about in the final analysis. Still, running as independent I believe would leave her very few friends to turn to in the coming years. The party would completely turn their backs on her then.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hillary should take her popular vote and run as an Independent. Her voters will not have to turn to McCain if her name is not on the ballot. I am an African-American woman and I will not vote for Senator Obama. I know that many of his "ghosts" especially here in Illinois are going to resurface in some astonishing ways. Do you wonder why he did not stand in his home state Illinois to make his announcement last night June 3rd after the SD and Montana Primaries. Let's take a look at why he is "distancing himself from Illinois" and the state and people he used as a stepping stone for the Presidency.
1) The Rezko Trial and jury is going on in downtown Chicago June 3rd 4th 2008.
2) The Pastor disasters are always waiting to happen on the South Side of Chicago at Trinity United.
3) The long time associates of Rezko, Ata, and the political machine are a little to close for comfort.
4) Oprah Winfrey also has not appeared with him in over 2 months.

So our Senator launched his campaign in Minnesota! Hillary went home to her state, but Senator Obama from the Land of Lincoln wants to distance himself from the corrupt associations he has had for the past 20yrs here in Illinois.

I think it would be best if Hillary ran on her own INDEPENDENT ticket and not get mixed up with the corruption and some of the these ghosts that the McCain campaign and so many others will most surely bring out at some point. I really think its a time bomb, so its best if Hillary lets her supporters WRITE her on the ballot which means she must fill out form in every state to be a WRITE - IN CANDIDATE and then her supporters can vote for her or she can continue the race as an INDEPENDENT just as Lieberman did to win his state of Connecticut after the other candidate won the PRIMARY. Hillary really has even more of a reason to do this because of the DNC's unconstitutional act of taking her delegates and assigning them to Senator Obama in direct opposition to the "will of the popular vote" that she won ! Bill Clinton will always be our DEMOCRATIC President, but the media and the DNC have taken unprecendented steps against Hillary that no other Presidential candidate has ever faced. Bill mentioned the inequitable treatment of the media, but the DNC also has to be faulted because whether she won a state primary or lost a state primary, she was consistently told throughout the campaign to WITHDRAW! This was ridiculous and an insult to all of her supporters (millions) and to the popular vote she has so clearly won! We need Hillary and her compassion to help the people will win her even more popular votes in the general election! Please don't abandon us to this choiceless--voiceless state of current affairs ! We have noone to vote for in the general election. Please don't let the parties shove an unwanted candidate down our throats.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
She would clobber both Barack Obama , and McCain.....she has the swing states Barack doesn't, she has women,elderly, 50% the liberals,white blue collar voters, Hispanics,Reagan democrats, and some Independents........He only has all the african americans, annd 50% liberals....He would lose big time!..This would be an historic third party race, and great for this country! unlike Obama's change which encompasses NOT COUNTING THE POPULAR VOTE and letting 4000 washington insiders decide the nominee. and disenfranchising 30 plus million U.S. voters. I would welcome Hillary Clinton running Independent! She'd Win!! I find it amazing that when Mr Obama was behind in delegates and ahead in the popular vote his camp ranted at how unfair it would be to have 4000 some odd WASHINGTON INSIDERS decide the nominee...but now that the tables have turned he's perfectly fine with it....HYPOCRIT!!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Dont forget Bob Barr is running as a libertarian, he will take votes away from McCain. Obama would be left with a win. If Hillary ran as an independent it would even out the table so to speak.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fallacy

Who the hell is Bob Barr and how could you possibly compare him to Hillary Clinton implying that it will even things out? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm not voting Obama / Biden. If Hillary chooses to run as an independent then she has my vote.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join