It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Cop: Officers 'Routinely Lied' To Obtain Search Warrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Ex Cop: Officers 'Routinely Lied' To Obtain Search Warrants

ww.ajc.com

A former Atlanta Police Officer testified Thursday that Narcotics Officers routinely lied under oath when seeking search warrants, a practice that led to Police killing a 92 year old woman.

Former Detective Gregg Junnier told a Fulton County jury that detectives would tell judges that they had verified their informants had bought coc aine from dealers by searching them for drugs "before" the buy took place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Aah, yet another case to just make us feel all warm and cozy inside. Cops lying under oath to get search warrants. This time they take the word of a dirt bag dealer of a supposedly "hot" house...Instead of following up on the lead and doing some actual research and investigating, they lie to the judge, get their warrant and smash into the house of a 92 year old little lady, and kill her in a hail of gunfire.

This reminds me of that other thread recently where cops smashed up an old couples house on a "tip" from an informant that it was a meth lab, and all they found was a fish tank...Only in this latest case, they actually killed an innocent old woman in her own home, because she tried to protect herself while her home was being illegally invaded.

Unreal.

In the raid, Police fired 39 shots. Junnier was shot in the face, chest and leg. Two other officers were also wounded. Investigators had determined that Johnston had fired one round from a revolver, the officers were shot in their own crossfire.

Junnier described entering Johnston's house" "She was still alive. She was gasping for air. I heard...the order to cuff her.

Later that day, he said, the "cover-up" began

ww.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Uh yea. This is news? Police often lie. They lie to suspects to get them to cooperate and confess, they lie to judges in order to obtain search warrants, They lie on the stand in order to obtain convictions. This is the game. They are not fighting a truthfull opponent here. The bad guys the police are after are sneaky and dishonest. This is what they are up against.

Plus the fact that our legal system is slanted in FAVOR of the criminal. Outwardly so in fact.

Without extortion, lying, intimidation and other neferious tactics the police are at a serious disadvantage. It goes with the old addage that you have to fight fire with fire. It's tough and underhanded but it does get the job done.

I am not saying I agree but I do see the point in these tactics in order to fight crime. Also not all officers do this but sometimes you have to fight dirty in order to get the dangerous criminals off of the streets.

Criminals do these same exact things everyday and we get upset over the police using these tactics in order to fight crime? If they didnt do these things sometimes our society would be overun with a criminal element that would coccoon us in our homes and make it so that the streets were so unsafe that no one could even go to work.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The problem here is they are using these tactics against the wrong people.

Yeah a 94 year old woman was killed....hell the source says they shot themselves in thier crossfire, that takes some freaking intelligence.

You say your not for these tactics but then justify thier use.

There should be no reason a cop has to lie to a judge to get his job accomplished.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

If they did not this society would be much worse off than it is. I am sorry for the woman that died due to a mistake. Mistakes do happen. It's an awefull truth to the practices that police are forced to do in order to do their jobs.

Most of the time police don't have to do this but in order to get people that are so hidden so secritive and do bad things, cops sometimes have to bend or even break the rules in order to get these people off the street and to defend your way of life.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If the legal system is slanted in favour of the criminal then why are so many in US prisons? What kind of mamby crap is that?

The legal system is set up for the rich!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
[more

Wait! I understand your argument!

If the criminals lie, cheat and steal then the cops need to lie,cheat and steal.

After all fair is fair.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Starred and flgged. The problems stem from the lack of accountability. D.A's all over this country want convictions not justice. Police are hired to follow orders not use their own heads..and the aptitude test they are given in order to serve are lacking. There was a case in Austin where a man and woman brought claims against the Austin Police dept. because they scored too high on that test and there for were not hired.

When injustice is served up to citizens the police departments along with the D.A's office (who represent law enforcement) will cover their arses against any liability. They weigh the injustice with a monetary scale.

What we have in this country is a bunch of frightened, under paid wantabes with guns.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
That's weird. I thought that thanks to the Patriot Act, cops no longer need to lie to get a warrant. Especially considering they no longer actually need a warrant. At least now when they step all over the citizens rights, they don't have to lie to do it.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Warrants are still required if the charges include evidence from someones person, car or home. I have seen warrants dissapear into thin air when a request was made during indictment...and the jury took the word of the officers and corrupt judge that supposedly signed off on it..Texas of course.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This really shouldn't be news to anyone.
Ahh how quickly we forget history....

Read up on the Rampart Division:en.wikipedia.org...

These guys were no better than the thugs they were tasked with locking up.

They regularly shot innocent suspects without hesitation, planted drugs/guns on them and framed them.
They falsified evidence, gave wrongful testimonies in court, and stole from evidence lockers.
They brutally interrogated suspects for days without charge.
Many officers were in fact members of gangs themselves or had links to them.

Doesn't get much dirtier than that.
To top it all off, a high-level coverup was instigated for several years until finally former officers began speaking out about the brutality and disregard for ethics these cops displayed.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by ATruGod

If they did not this society would be much worse off than it is. I am sorry for the woman that died due to a mistake. Mistakes do happen. It's an awefull truth to the practices that police are forced to do in order to do their jobs.

Police are not "forced" to break the law. That makes society a much worse place to live. I'd prefer a few more drug dealers running loose than police who think they're above the Bill of Rights and Constitution. And that was no "mistake"-- they murdered an innocent citizen. Period.

There is a reason these decisions are for judges, not police officers. And this case proves why.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

If they did not this society would be much worse off than it is....

Sorry, but how many cops have help create the society we fear.

Other side of the coin for this one... how many of these guys are just bad cops and do this for their own personal gain???

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
lie,cheat,steal,manufacture evidence,use entrapment,threaten.coerce, all the tools the cops use to push their agenda. most cops are so corrupt that theres no turning back for them. and the judges and district attornys are no better. yet some would have belive this is nessacary to do their jobs, well these same public servents took oaths to uphold the law. this makes them criminals. they want people tp obey the law and show them respect, il respect them when they arent as bad as the people they bust.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Back up to the top! I see we've got the same bunch of gov guys here today, justifying how you should just let the cops bust down your door, trash your house, and rough you up (or worse) even if you've done nothing wrong.

Tell that to this little old lady, or the dude who they ripped the catheter out of!

You guys are here trying to preach "how the law works" and yet as we see here, it's not so cut and dried when it comes to those weilding the power!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

This reminds me of that other thread recently where cops smashed up an old couples house on a "tip" from an informant that it was a meth lab, and all they found was a fish tank...

Anyone else starting to think about whether or not people who give the cops tips should be allowed to remain anonymous?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

But what came first? The cops lying or the justice system in favour of the criminal. It seems to me, that if the cops didn't lie so much then the justice system wouldn't have to be so much in favour of the criminal.
Let's face it. You put so much power into some people's hands and it will corrupt them. There will always be dishonest cops.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Well first came the obvious innocent before proven guilty. At least in this country. Prosicution has to prove you have commited a crime before a jury of your peirs. (I dont know how to spell that sorry)

And so the police having ben foiled by such things as technicality have to resort to underhanded tactics and less than professional means in order to get hard evidence to prove the suspects guilt.

Now what everyone has forgotten is the fact that who do you call first when the
has hit the fan and everything is out of your controll?

Who is the first people that you call if your house or your car gets broken into?

Who do you call when you want justice?

I am not saying all cops are good. Some suck and need to be taken off of the force but that is a minority.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thanks for sharing the truth, as usual. I appreciate your work. The criminal-government/globalists & their minions (fiat-law enforcers) can not be trusted.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Police are held to a higher standard and rightly so.Law enforcement officers are supposed to be our best and brightest,a shinning example of integrity and moral fiber.

The old addage "two wrongs don't make a right" is true.When the police get down in the mud and wallow with the pigs,that is what they become.
How in the world can they justify breaking the law to enforce the law.It is criminal and if caught doing so should be made subject to the strongest punishments allowed by law!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join